WotC to Release 1st Edition Premium Core Rulebooks Reprints

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
In other news, I keep telling people, "The WORLD is NOT ENDING in 2012... the Mayan Scare stuff is just bunkum..."

...and then WotC reprints 1st Edition. WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE. ;)

Nu-uh, man, I got my Well of Many Worlds and we're all gonna line up and walk through and come out on GYGAX WORLD PRIME which resembles Wisconsin, Chicago, and GREYHAWK. (I'd advise DRAGONLANCE and FORGOTTEN REALMS fans to pack lightly ;) ).

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
People keep saying this and I think it is sad. AD&D is not 3.x or 4E -- hell, it's not even OD&D or B/X -- but it is a great game on it's own.

Maybe WotC could do a limited edition 1E conversion of some well liked 3E or 4E adventure just to get folks to experience the game. After all, if the 5E designers sat down to play all the D&D editions, shouldn't we do the same?

What about that one adventure that was in that town called Omelet or Hamlet or something or the other? I bet that'd be a cool conversion to 1e!

Matt James

Game Developer
Some people here and around the web are questioning this move and asking just how much is going to the memorial. Does that really matter? They are donating to the Gygax memorial! C'mon now.

This is great news. I can't wait to get a set or two--both as a consumer and as a completist.

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Some people here and around the web are questioning this move and asking just how much is going to the memorial. Does that really matter? They are donating to the Gygax memorial! C'mon now.

This is great news. I can't wait to get a set or two--both as a consumer and as a completist.

Get your play copies on eBay and these to display, perhaps on your coffee table!

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
The PDF seems to be a solicitation that WotC is sending to retailers, asking them to carry these items for sale. It seems to be for the general retail audience.

And I expect it to be HUGE! I'm a player who really hasn't played anything other than 4e, and I am totally pre-ordering these as soon as I'm allowed to do so. It sounds like these are fancy versions of the original books ("premium reprints"), which I'd love to have copies of.

This is so very, very encouraging to hear from WotC. Maybe they'll actually have some success in bringing people together! And it benefits the Gygax Memorial in some way - how cool is that?

the DAY THESE ARE RELEASED I am GOING DOWN TO BUY SOME. Are you with me?!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases