EN World Presents (Episode 1 / Pilot Episode)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is the pilot episode of our new show, EN World Presents with Matt James. It's a short, weekly blast of RPG news and commentary in a bite-sized chunk. In this episode, Matt introduces himself and briefly comments on the Edition Wars and on the newly announced iteration of D&D. Watch it below (or, if you're seeing this in the newsletter or on one of our mobile apps, you may need to click through to here). Click here to subscribe to all episodes on YouTube and make sure you don't miss any, or see the options below the video to get it in podcast form on iTunes and more.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6KRZ512TVs[/ame]​

Subscribe via iTunes, YouTube, and more!
[vidshare]f[/vidshare]​

Last edited:

benensky

Explorer
It was a good pilot. I liked the history of D&D. It was well produced and Matt James was good. (I am a fan of Matt James so I am a little biased) Although, I like funny things I hope this will be a little bit more straight-forward. There are so many podcasts in the gaming industry were people think they are clever & funny and they just come off annoying and boring. This show was not real bad, but it hinted that it was leaning in that direction. I am a fan of EN World’s content and that is what I will be tuning in for and not to be entertained.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Regarding content, I was hoping for more news. Although I am looking forward to 5E and the development, that is not the only thing going on. There are conventions going on and coming up. Many people are excited about the Atomic-Robo RPG. Also, the Pathfinder miniatures were released. That is all I could come up with off the top of my head, I am sure I missed a lot. Hope you spend more time on the news in the future. My apprehensions may be premature, this is the pilot, so it may be a sample and not the full meal.<O:p</O:p

Regardless, I am looking forward to the next episode.<O:p</O:p

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Regarding content, I was hoping for more news. Although I am looking forward to 5E and the development, that is not the only thing going on. There are conventions going on and coming up. Many people are excited about the Atomic-Robo RPG. Also, the Pathfinder miniatures were released. That is all I could come up with off the top of my head, I am sure I missed a lot. Hope you spend more time on the news in the future. My apprehensions may be premature, this is the pilot, so it may be a sample and not the full meal.<O:p</O:p

Regardless, I am looking forward to the next episode.<O:p</O:p

A quick pro-tip - don't select colours for your posts because you never know how the reader is seeing it. They might be using a different skin, a mobile app, the Facebook app - there are lots of ways. If you stick to the same colour as everyone else (the default), then these various apps and skins will handle the colours and backgrounds to ensure your post is readable; if you force them to use a specific colour, they can't do that.

As you may have guessed, the way I'm currently viewing the site, I can't read your post. :)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A small update on our plans:

Assuming this is well-received and gets viewed a lot, I'll be commissioning a 6-episode season from Matt. The first in this season will be just after DDXP, and will include footage from the convention, possibly interviews, and so on.

Then there will be five more episodes before I decide on whether to commission a second season.

In the meantime, I've commissioned a pilot of an animated show; more news on that soon. And we're working on audio material, also (podcasts).

Remember you can subscribe to this show as a podcast on iTunes (search for "EN World Presents" or click the iTunes icon in the original post) and get it on your iPhone/iPod/iPad, or you can subscribe via YouTube, Vimeo, RSS, etc. And, of course, you can simply go to the EN World TV web page.

Last edited:

Matt James

Game Developer
Good Lord, Matt is ... young.

Extremely young.

Extraordinarily young.

Sigh. I suppose that's a good thing. At least he'll be able to communicate with everyone.;)

Good first effort. I chuckled all the way.

Good lord, man! I'm 30! All the same, thanks for the compliment :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases