[LPF]Run Away - Page 2




+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 217

Thread: [LPF]Run Away

  1. #11
    "Ah yes, the strange gnome without a name. It would not surprise if he wasn't actually a gnome but some other being taking the form of a gnome. Still, good pay, and many scrolls, so I saw no reason to pry any further. You remember Nora, I am sure. She is slowly getting used to the idea of being around strangers, though it still not her preference." The snake looks up briefly from the scraps of food at hearing her name before returning her attention to finishing them up.

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    mazzoli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    247

    Ignore mazzoli
    Thiera reminds herself that these are going to be her companions in this job and that she needs to trust them, and by the same token they need to trust her. She decides to relinquish some of her background to the others.

    "I originally hail from Irthos, but it didn't really hold my interest. Now I travel between there and here acquiring...items of interest for...discerning parties."

    Satisfied that she has done enough, she sits back again to listen to Dellrian's explanation of their duties.

  • #13
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Ni is incredulous at the idea of a gnome withholding his name. "But, then how do you call him? Do you say, 'hey, you with the green skin, over here, yes you, no not you, lizardfolk, but you, the gnome.'" Ni throws his hands up, overcome by the frustration of trying to get the attention of a fictitious gnome who has withheld his name. "It all just seems so unnecessarily difficult and uncommonly obtuse." The little gnome shakes his head. "I'm glad none of you do that."

    "Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you all, yes indeedy, it most surely is."

    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil
    Initiative: +2
    HP: 16/16
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
    CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4
    Perception: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 9/9
    Spells:
    - 0: Infinite
    - 1: 3/3

    Eidolon: Unsummoned
    HP:11/11
    Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

    Natural Weapons:
    - Bite:
    +3, 1d6+2
    - 2 Claws:
    +3, 1d4+2

  • #14
    With the lull in conversation Dellrian smiles and says "It is great to meet you all. Now that we know each other, " he says, pushing away his now finished soup. "Shall we get down to business?"

    He folds his hands in front of him. "I would like to hire the 5 of you to look for something for me. A few nights ago, I was out strolling around, walking my lovely Spot. I have had him for a couple of years now, and he is the last gift I received from my old job as an assistant caretaker for House Gabbiano. Well, unfortunately, as you just described it yourselves, a nasty bit of undead walking around caused me to lose him quite suddenly, and he went racing off. I was able to chase him for many blocks, but unfortunately he slipped away into the sewer system below the city."

    With a small sigh he says
    "I tried looking for him down in the sewers, but unfortunately that place is like a maze. I was not very successful in finding him, but I did figure out something that might prove helpful."

    He took out a small wrapped package, and proceeded to unwrap it. The smell of something most definalty dead, and rotting by the smell of it, causes the entire room to stare at him. Grog yells out from the bar
    "Oy! I told ya to not brin tha crap in here Dellian!"

    Dellrian starts wrapping up the rotting meat quickly, saying "Most sorry Grog!" Looking back towards the party Dellrian says "I am sure you can understand what my plan is yes?"

  • #15
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Ni blinks. Twice. Three times.

    "I beg your pardon sir, but I have no idea what in all the apparatuses of existence you may be implying."

    The gnome elaborates, as he is wont to do. "I mean, I was with you up until the rotting meat thing. And I think I could help you. I mean, I can talk with animals, I have an extraplanar friend who can see in the dark, and I've even spent some time in the sewer system talking to some nice but still misunderstood people who live on the fringes of this here society. So I think I can help. But...what's with carrying around a piece of rotten meat?" Ni shrivels his nose in an expression of his distaste. "I mean, I just don't get it."

    He looks to the others. "I am new to these parts. Am I missing something? Is this some sort of eastern-continent ritual I haven't caught privy to as of yet? Am I being rude by lacking my own portion of decomposing flesh?" Ni suddenly looks worried that he's been violating some nonverbal social code ever since his arrival to the eastern continent of E'n.

    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil
    Initiative: +2
    HP: 16/16
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
    CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4
    Perception: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 9/9
    Spells:
    - 0: Infinite
    - 1: 3/3

    Eidolon: Unsummoned
    HP:11/11
    Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

    Natural Weapons:
    - Bite:
    +3, 1d6+2
    - 2 Claws:
    +3, 1d4+2
    Last edited by Qik; Wednesday, 25th January, 2012 at 08:30 PM.

  • #16
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pincourt
    Posts
    280

    Ignore Drakhar
    "Nope, that's weird here too." Xerik answers the excitable gnome. He leaned forward to listen more intently to his employers request, and immediately regretted that decision as he was assaulted by the stench of rotting flesh. "I agree with the gnome, I was with you up until the rotting flesh, you want us to go into the sewers and find your pet, not exactly a glamorous job, but hey gold's gold. I don't get how that's supposed to help."

  • #17
    "Exactly what breed of creature is Spot? Knowing this would help us find him much easier."

  • #18
    Arianna uses a little mage hand work to float a raspberry down to Nora, then grabs a couple strawberries for herself as she waits for the description of the missing critter.

  • #19
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    mazzoli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    247

    Ignore mazzoli
    Thiera leans back in her chair, wishing that Dellrian would get to the point already. While she does this, she tries to deduce what manner of creature this Spot is from the information she has.

  • #20
    Dellrian looks slightly confused when everyone returns a questioning look to his question. "I thought it was obvious. I simply thought that the sewers would mask the smell of Spot's normal food, so I got something that had a little more stench. Was I wrong to make that assumption? I will have to defer to the experts here."

    Look at Thuvian Dellrian continues with "As for breed, I would imagine him to be a normal breed? You see alot of them running around. If it helps, Spot is wearing a one of a kind collar. A gem studded with emeralds and rubies. Also, he has a large bald spot right by his rear end. Hence, Spot. "

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •