[LPF]Run Away - Page 3





+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 217

Thread: [LPF]Run Away

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Ni's sigh of relief at the man's plan - Oh, it's pet food! - once again gives way to nervousness at the man's seemingly unintentional evasiveness at enunciating Spot's species. The gnome outstretches a small hand and lays it gently on Dellrian's forearm. "A normal breed of what species, sir? A dog? A pony? An owlbear? A baby dragon? A lesser psychopomp? The clearer you are with us, Sir Dellrian, the easier our job will be."

    Ni tries to keep optimistic, but he doesn't like where he senses this is headed.

    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil
    Initiative: +2
    HP: 16/16
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
    CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4
    Perception: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 9/9
    Spells:
    - 0: Infinite
    - 1: 3/3

    Eidolon: Unsummoned
    HP:11/11
    Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

    Natural Weapons:
    - Bite:
    +3, 1d6+2
    - 2 Claws:
    +3, 1d4+2

 

  • #22
    "Pardon any abruptness in my question, but it is my experience that many who seek professional aid found in places like this involving their pets tend to have rather unusual pets that require special instructions to handle. Therefore, I have found it is always best to get full clarification on such details before I go running off so I can prepare appropriately. You are probably correct that his normal food would not be of much value in the sewers, though, if Spot of the more normal variety of pet."

  • #23
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pincourt
    Posts
    295

    Ignore Drakhar
    Xerik didn't like the fact that Dellrian seemed unable to give them a name as to the creature they were to be looking for, in fact his reluctance was setting off all sorts of alarms in his mind, so he began to pay much more attention to his employer, from the way he held himself to the way he spoke to them.

  • #24
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    mazzoli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    247

    Ignore mazzoli
    Thiera perks back up now that the mood seems to have gotten tense, and sets herself more forcefully to the task of determining what sort of creature this Spot is from the information given by Dellrian.

  • #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Qik View Post
    "A normal breed of what species, sir? A dog? A pony? An owlbear? A baby dragon? A lesser psychopomp? The clearer you are with us, Sir Dellrian, the easier our job will be."
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshadow21 View Post
    "Pardon any abruptness in my question, but it is my experience that many who seek professional aid found in places like this involving their pets tend to have rather unusual pets that require special instructions to handle. Therefore, I have found it is always best to get full clarification on such details before I go running off so I can prepare appropriately. You are probably correct that his normal food would not be of much value in the sewers, though, if Spot of the more normal variety of pet."
    Dellrian listens to both Ni and Thuvian before saying. "Psychopomp? What is that? Sounds most interesting. But, my apologizes for not being clear. "

    "Well, I believe his species is a badger, but I am not confident in that. He seems a little bigger than a normal badger, coming up to about the height of the table. Maybe he just had a much bigger growth spurt is all? He was well trained though, so I do not think he should be much hard to handle. Trained by Niam Caan after all! "

    Leaning forward, a sudden look of concern on his face, he asks very seriously "I am guessing your interested then?"

    Xerik

    You get the feeling that Dellrian is more used to talking to other business associates than hiring adventurers. His lack of an explanation might be more a lack of dealing with adventurers. He is clearly trying to help out, but he is not sure how.


    Thiera

    After hearing the description, you feel that Spot might be a Dire Badger, instead of a normal badger. A vicous creature if provoked. However, Dellrian did say it was well trained.

  • #26
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pincourt
    Posts
    295

    Ignore Drakhar
    "I'm interested." Xerik says, satisfied that there wasn't any deception on the half elf's part.

  • #27
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    mazzoli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    247

    Ignore mazzoli
    Convinced that Dellrian is being honest, and just isn't very good at inspiring trust, Thiera again relaxes.

    "Sounds like you're looking for a dire badger," she says for the benefit of the others. "I don't know why it would run into the sewers, but this sounds intriguing. I'm in."

  • #28
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Ni seems a tad disappointed that there won't be any psychopomps involved, but he nods his agreement nevertheless.

    "I'm in! When do we leave?"

    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil
    Initiative: +2
    HP: 16/16
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
    CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4
    Perception: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 9/9
    Spells:
    - 0: Infinite
    - 1: 3/3

    Eidolon: Unsummoned
    HP:11/11
    Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

    Natural Weapons:
    - Bite:
    +3, 1d6+2
    - 2 Claws:
    +3, 1d4+2

  • #29
    "A dire badger? Seems reasonable enough, and something that size should be fairly easy to track in the sewer, especially if someone upsets it."

  • #30
    "Does Spot come to strangers when his name is called? Or we going to have to corner and capture him?"

    "Capture, hmm... Good thing Daylily isn't with us. I am in."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •