[Hanged Man Sidebar]: Rhagast's Row (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Judge! Quick! A judge!)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"If you don't mind me saying, Lady of the Flame, will you be content with it? I see the fiend damaged you severely. Caused scars deeper than physical. But vengeance that burns that hot will eventually consume your soul. Is anything worth that?"

Phoenix looks at Artemis, her eyes still smoldering. "There's been times when it was all I had to keep me going."

Suddenly an even better scheme comes to mind. Maybe she could put the ring on some adventurous fellow off the street, then activate it and take Rhagast on when he comes back...

OOC: That's actually the plan unless there's something that she knows that would make that not work?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Phoenix pulls out a handful of gold and slaps it down on a nearby table. She looks around the room and says "anyone who wants to go on the adventure of a lifetime, step forward, claim your gold, and prepare for a new life in a distant land!"

If there are no takers, she heads out into the street and tries the same.

If that doesn't work, she might try buying a chicken, tying it down, putting the ring on one of its legs, then activating the ring.

If that doesn't work, there might be a beggar that finds himself 'volunteering'.

dimsdale

First Post
Phoenix pulls out a handful of gold and slaps it down on a nearby table. She looks around the room and says "anyone who wants to go on the adventure of a lifetime, step forward, claim your gold, and prepare for a new life in a distant land!"

Lerrick glups down another fruit drinnk! Meeeee!! And I don't even want the gold! She then looks around, wondering if she's getting in a little over her head.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Phoenix hands the ring to Lerrick, shows her how to activate it, then steps back with weapons ready, motioning for Brastrix and the others to get ready for whatever happens...

OOC: ...hopefully not messing up your entire plan [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION], but it makes sense to me.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Lerrick turns the faceted emerald and vanishes in a flash of green light. A green ring, hovers alone in the air about five feet off the ground, and then clatters to the floor of The Hanged Man. Phoenix stares at the ring in disbelief and disappointment. Perhaps she has sent poor Lerrick to a much more uncertain fate.

Inspecting the ring, she notices that it is slightly different from the one she gave Lerrick. It's stone, and the geometry of the setting are identical, but the engravings and reliefs cut into the setting are slightly different.

She quickly realizes that this is, in fact, Rhagast's ring, but evidently he had taken the ring off after making the jump.[sblock=Lerrick]As soon as you turn the ring, you begin to regret it. A brilliant flash of green light temporarily blinds you, and you find yourself at the bottom of a deep, dry well.

You estimate that it is thirty feet to the surface.

The walls of the well are dry and rough. Climbing out would not be impossible.

To your right is a small orifice in the rock where you can hear the gurgling of water, but the water level is too low to make its way into the bottom of the well.

From above, you can barely make out the sound of metal clashing with metal as if a melee were underway. From the sound, it seems like a one-on-one struggle.[sblock=Arcana 16]You figure that you had better keep that ring on just in case Phoenix decides to be kind enough to bring you back ;)[/sblock][/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Phoenix waits a moment then realizes she's just sent another woman off alone to face down Rhagast.

She grabs the ring and activates it...

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=judge?]
Did you guys get a judge? :)
[/sblock]
OOC: Yes. I beieve Covaithe agreed to judge the combat sequence. As it stands now, Ozymandias79 is the official judge for Land Ho (the adventure into which Phoenix has just teleported).

I do NOT, however, have a judge for The Missing Professor.

This, however, would be a conflict of interest on your part since you are a player in this adventure, so I appologize for not being able to give you an oportunity ;).

[MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION]. If you're not too busy, could take on Judging The Missing Professor? I've determined that I never did pick up a judge?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases