D&D 5E Would you buy a D&D Next Beta Playtest Rulebook?

Would you buy a D&D Next Beta Playtest Rulebook?

• Yes

Votes: 48 27.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Only if the price was right

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Poll closed .

Number48

First Post
Hopefully the playtesting rules will be available for no extra cost to subscribers to the Dungeons & Dragons Insider. And available for a very low price to others. I want my group to join the playtesting.

Except D&D Insider is for players of 4E, so it would be a biased sampling.

malkav666

First Post
I would not pay for playtest rules unless I could view them or free first. With Paizo, I downloaded the playtest and read through and decided it was awesome so I went to the store and picked up a hard copy because I liked the rules. I would do the same for WOTC if it all fell down right.

love,

malkav

Ahnehnois

First Post
Would I buy a complete version of a high-quality D&D game at a reasonably discounted price after having thoroughly reviewed the material in its entirety?

Maybe.

Wait, what was the question?

I would rather see a beta version of the rules offered as such than see a supposedly finished game released so riddled with errata that its practically worthless in a few months.

Number48

First Post
That is why I said it should be also available for a very low pdf price to all others. But there has to be some monetary advantage to paying the Man every month.

That doesn't make it unbiased. If we took a population of 50 people who could get it for free and 50 people who had to pay for it, would the proportions who actually got be the same. No, therefore biased and not a good representation of how the game is going to be received on launch day.

darkwing

First Post
That doesn't make it unbiased. If we took a population of 50 people who could get it for free and 50 people who had to pay for it, would the proportions who actually got be the same. No, therefore biased and not a good representation of how the game is going to be received on launch day.
Both free and paid introduce bias. The interesting part is you can't say which bias will give you the better results.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases