D&D 5E Would you buy a D&D Next Beta Playtest Rulebook?

Would you buy a D&D Next Beta Playtest Rulebook?

• Yes

Votes: 48 27.6%
  • No

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Only if the price was right

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Poll closed .

MortonStromgal

First Post
Why would you pay for a job...?

Depending on what you mean by this its actually fairly common for 100k+ jobs
You pay someone 10% to go find you your next job based on the criteria you want. They talk to the companies and negotiate for you. You show up for one interview and they do the rest (resumes, phone calls, etc) They take their finders fee out of your first year salery. Other companys charge the employer the finders fee instead.

Incenjucar

Legend
Depending on what you mean by this its actually fairly common for 100k+ jobs
You pay someone 10% to go find you your next job based on the criteria you want. They talk to the companies and negotiate for you. You show up for one interview and they do the rest (resumes, phone calls, etc) They take their finders fee out of your first year salery. Other companys charge the employer the finders fee instead.

I will take this into consideration as soon as WotC offers me 100K+.

Nebten

First Post
I was fooled once already by buying the beta version of 4th edition's box set. (ie its first print run). There is so much errata/updates in those books half of it isn't even useful. That is why it is such a hard question to answer for somebody who wants to get into 4th edition now: which books to buy? The orginal PHB/DMG/MM or its Essential counterparts.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I tend to prefer PDFs to begin with, so I most likely wouldn't bother paying for a hard copy of the beta rules. That said, if it were pretty cheap, it might be useful to pass around the table among my players as we play test.

Halivar

First Post
Printing that joker out might actually cost more than $10 for me, so I'd like access to an at-cost print. Besides, it worked for Pathfinder.

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
I'm intrigued enough by what I've heard about the new edition to be willing to pay to see a beta version -- I might feel gouged if it were especially expensive, but I doubt it would be.

Having said that, I think that it makes a lot more sense to make the rules available as a sort of web resource rather than as a print book -- they're going to be changing a lot, it makes sense to create them as a sort of living document.

But, bottom line, I want to support the game and the guys doing the work to develop the new edition. And I want to get my grubby hands on the playtest. So where do I pay?

Crazy Jerome

First Post
Printing that joker out might actually cost more than $10 for me, so I'd like access to an at-cost print.

This could be me, too, especially if later in the open playtest the rules are more firm, but they are wanting to open it up to longer, wider playtesting in some kind of fairly stable form. Earlier than that, I hardly see the point, since the rules would presumably be changing so fast.

But then that's easy for me to say, because my current groups' meeting schedule is so erratic, we are unlikely to qualify for early playtesting anyway.

TwinBahamut

First Post
I don't really care if they offer such a thing, but I have no interest in buying a beta rulebook. I'd buy a finished product, but not an unfinished one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases