X Crawl games

bolen

First Post
Xcrawl is a setting by pandahead games. It is a D&D set in the modern world where dungeon crawling is an extreme sport.

Is anyone else running a game of this. We are running a game set in Memphis TN. The first game was the introduction of the players to Xcrawl world. I had them go into a dungeon run by Jerry "the King" Lawler (an ogre). after the match they were cheated out of the paycheck. Later that night someone shot Lawler. The police busted the PC (mistakenly) and now they are in Prison on Mud Island (which is a museum area in Memphis really but in this world it is a prison). There are gladiatorial games at the prison which the PC are forced to participate in.

I am curious if I am the only one running this setting? or if others have ideas?

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
bolen said:
I had them go into a dungeon run by Jerry "the King" Lawler (an ogre).

So when your "Jerry Lawler" is going on-and-on about "puppies" during the play-by-play, is he talking about eating dogs?

bolen

First Post
Not sure what you are talking about, did the real Jerry Lawler say something about Dogs. I just picked his name because he lived in Memphis.

By the way I love your sig.

bolen

First Post
The magic in my world is the same as say grayhawk.

With that the mages are run by a guild which oversees all magic. some spells (scry, wish, charm) are not allowed in the games as they would unballance the games.

A nice addition to the spell rules is that of copywriting spells. Some spells have a matterial component that you must buy from the author (a note) when you use this spell he recieves royalties.

The US is a roman empire .

As you can see this is very serious.

Last edited:

Klaatu B. Nikto

First Post
bolen said:
Not sure what you are talking about, did the real Jerry Lawler say something about Dogs. I just picked his name because he lived in Memphis.

By the way I love your sig.

Jerry is currently a color commentator for WWE's Raw is War with Jim Ross. Anyways, he tends to refer to any endowed woman's chest as 'puppies', starting with either Sable, Ms. Debra or Ms. Kitty/the Kat (his fiancee I think).

The whole "Puppies" thing started with Debrah, and Lawler and Miss Kitty (I don't know her real name), were actually married. I belive they are now divorced.

On the topic at hand, I plan on running X-Crawl as soon as I get my hands on it. It looks obscenely fun. D&D, Max-X style.:D

Painfully

First Post
I think it would work as a good one-shot, but for a campaign it would get old quickly. It throws out a lot of the plot and just boils it down to, "go from point A to point B" or, "defeat X."

You hardly need to buy another book if that's what you want. This book actually offers much less, than say, d20 modern, or spycraft IMO.

Calling it X-crawl just gives them an excuse to no longer make up some story to go along with the goals. They can call it, "an extreme competition," and just leave it at that. But if you wanna spend more money, go right ahead.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases