DDXP Begins Today!

OchreJelly

First Post
Can't it be just like the movies where someone with the right software can zoom in on the character sheets and "enhance" to get a clean rendering?

Jack99

Adventurer
To actually play in the D&D:Next games you have to sign an NDA. The rest of DDXP and all the seminars do not require the NDA. I doubt we'll be seeing a character sheet soon.

Well, maybe WotC will show off some stuff. NDA might just be a way to control the info, not to eliminate it.

This short message was brought to you by Tapatalk and my iPad

bhandelman

Explorer
No conversion would be odd. I'd put money on simple conversion, though.

This would be perfect, maybe a conversion guide for each edition to the new one.

Hopefully the NDA is dropped towards the end of the week. Pretty soon enough people will have played it won't help, but I can understand if they want to limit information while the con is still going.

Khaalis

Adventurer
Just a few thoughts from looking at the image (not a high res shot, I cant clean it up much).

Did they simplify initiative or are the tent cards just a DM tool to simplify initiative order?

The golden sheets don't appear to be character sheets in the classic sense. The text appears to be more block text than character sheet stats. Either that means its fluff/background write-ups, or the sheets are set up in such a way as each ability (skill, power, class feature etc.) has a "stat line" and a paragraph of text to go with it (which just seems a lot more complicated than a basic PC sheet). Also, it looks like there may be a white "PC sheet" with the actual stats hidden from the camera. You can see it peaking out from under "initiative #2"'s gold sheet (and to a lesser extent #1's also). If true, then white and gold sheets in the middle of the table were PC #6 (unused at this table) and is the gold cover sheet with character description text, and a PC sheet turned upside down so as not to be included in the photo?

Windjammer

Adventurer
No battlemat...

That was a bit premature on your part. ;)

Here's "Another picture from the <s class="hash">#</s>dndnext playtest." posted 55 minutes ago:

AkGC2z4CAAE5fgN.jpg

Follow it on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=#dndnext

filthgrinder

First Post
Well, maybe WotC will show off some stuff. NDA might just be a way to control the info, not to eliminate it.

Possible, and I'd love to see it. However, I'd imagine they'll keep a lot of stuff "under wraps" so that the DDXP attendees get that special feeling of having inside information. So if WotC waits a couple of weeks to release information, the attendees get a chance to blog and tweet in nonNDA breaking generics, with the warm fuzzies. Making sure the community has warm fuzzies about D&D Next is a big deal. In order to do that, they need to make sure the thought leaders and strong voices in the community are attended. Giving them exclusive sneak peeks, and inside information are ways to accomplish those goals.

I just hope they run these games at PAX:East so I can play!

Anyways, I'd love for them to video podcast a game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases