DDXP Begins Today!

Henry

Autoexreginated
Well, warlord's back. :erm:

To which I say, "yahoo for the Marshal/Warlord!!"

I like the idea of the class -- now, if they can streamline the abilities to make sure there are very few to no "quasi-magical" powers in there, I'm set. If Pathfinder can pull off the Cavalier, then WotC can pull off a passable Warlord.

Anselyn

Explorer
The core mechanic of #dnd is: player says 'I want to X' and DM responds. Therein lie the stories. [MENTION=6671448]Monte[/MENTION]JCook #dndNext #ddxp

Remathilis

Legend
Nothing personal against the Warlord/Marshal, but I didn't think he was going to be in the "core" book, so to speak.

Remathilis "He'd better not have bumped the druid or bard for that slot" Ooi.

Kurtomatic

First Post
This is a playtest. A late-alpha playtest, at that.

All this means is they wanted people to test playing a class:warlord in Caves of Chaos. I think it's very early days to be drawing lines around "core", or even understanding what available class choices mean in the core.

B-)

ferratus

Adventurer
All I see is Background: Warlord, not Class: Warlord.

I'd be tickled pink to see a Warlord in 5e (though I'd rather call it a Knight, with all the attendant baggage) but I think we might be jumping the gun here.

ferratus

Adventurer
Actually, vis a vis the Warlord, I have a theory that it isn't the class at all, but like the noble, a roleplaying classlet for those who want more combat leadership options attached to their existing class.

In other words, I'm guessing that the Warlord has become a 4e-style theme. So I'm predicting 5e fighter warlords, but also wizard warlords, cleric warlords, and so forth.

If instead of being a class, it is the character archetype for bossing people around.... would that turn the frowny emoticons upside down for those that don't like the warlord?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases