Reprints: What Else Do You Want?

Which of these reprint options do you want WotC to consider?

• Original Booklets

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Basic/Expert Sets

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Companion/Master Sets

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • D&D Rules Cyclopedia

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • More 1e reprints [hardcovers] (MM II, FF, UA, etc.)

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • 1e setting books/boxed sets

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • 2e core books (original or revised)

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • 2e setting books/boxed sets

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • 2e sourcebooks (Player's Option, Tome of Magic. etc.)

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • Adventures (regardless of edition)

Votes: 48 54.5%
  • Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No Thank You

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Poll closed .

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The news of the reprints of the 1e core rulebooks made me start to wonder whether or not it might be feasible for WotC to do additional reprints of the older D&D editions.

For this discussion, let's leave out 3rd Edition. It's not an old school system.

I'm think more along the lines of more for 1e as well as reprints for OD&D, BECMI, and 2e. What are some of the iconic products that should be considered as reprints? Should WotC focus on 1e reprints only?

Do you even want more reprints?

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
I would be interested in every edition corebooks, and in the campaign settings books (for settings which were not updated to later editions at least).

The best thing they could do however, would be to make their entire past catalogue available in pdf (although personally I wouldn't be interested much, but will enable the following->) and print-on-demand. I mean, it's the year 2012, how hard can it be? :)

NewJeffCT

First Post
I would vote for the original Deities & Demigods with the Cthulhu and Melnibonean mythos included.

Maybe some of the classic modules as well - Temple of Elemental Evil, Against the Giants, etc.

Yora

Legend
I think 2nd edition setting material is the most interesting, as it mostly includes very few mechanical content and can be used with any edition.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I would really love to see adventure module reprints.

Like all the B modules in one book, X in another, then one for the CM-M-IM stuff.

For the AD&D stuff they could double or triple up in some cases.

They did sort of do this with the supermodules in the late 80s/early 90s, but the quality of these was very poor. Very little interior artwork, cheap paper

trancejeremy

Adventurer
The best thing they could do however, would be to make their entire past catalogue available in pdf (although personally I wouldn't be interested much, but will enable the following->) and print-on-demand. I mean, it's the year 2012, how hard can it be? :)

Especially since they did it once.

This announcement had me digging through my old backup disks and as I vaguely remembered, I had bought several AD&D Pdfs years ago. ESDs they called them, and you downloaded them running a special downloader program.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases