AD&D Reprint Covers

juboke

Explorer
I found this which may or may not be the covers of the AD&D reprints. These were shown at D&D Experience 2012. Most likely not the final version, but close enough to what they will look like.

Edit: Images for the AD&D reprint covers are now up on the WotC website.

Last edited:

I think it's strange that those covers say "Dungeons & Dragons" and not "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons".

I think for the sake of clarity, they should say AD&D 1st edition on them. I seem to recall some people mistook the new red boxed set for the old one, this could have the opposite problem: some customers may think it is 5E, especially if they are not familiar with the original art.

I think for the sake of clarity, they should say AD&D 1st edition on them. I seem to recall some people mistook the new red boxed set for the old one, this could have the opposite problem: some customers may think it is 5E, especially if they are not familiar with the original art.
I think the only reason for having new covers IS to indicate simultaneously that these are:
A) Not the new edition that the buyer may have heard of, and
B) To differentiate between the original printings and these reprints.

By rights if they wanted to reprint them they could reprint them in their original glory and entirety - cover to cover, excepting only that on the title page it would indicate the date of the new printing. So they give them new covers to indicate these are not the original material but the reprints. Photo is pretty blurry (looks like a photo of a projection onto a screen), but there seems to be a white band across the bottom of the cover with a splat on the left like a wax seal image and then text to the right of it. I suspect that text says in so many words that these are, in fact, reprints of previously released material.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases