Game of Thrones: Season 2, first full trailer up

Steel_Wind

Legend
I'm looking forward to it - but I always was.

While it's nice to see some shots of the secodn season, I was not overly thrilled with this trailer. In particular, the whole "anyone can die" "I know how this game is played" bits seemed very forced and did not appeal to me at all.

Janx

Hero
it was alright.

I'm in the middle of book 3. now. Whereas, on season 1, I hadn;t read any of the books.

I hope the follow Book 2 as closely as book 1 (no serious deviatins like true Blood had).

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
They won't. They said that there's going to be a slight timeline shuffle so that there's stuff to show from each front, instead of 'why aren't they showing anything from the wall?' or 'no Jaime?'. Also I'm beginning to suspect that a certain event has been moved earlier from the third book to the end of the second (but I'm not sure). Suffice to say that it's likely the books won't help that much to know what comes in what order. But there shouldn't be any huge changes, just a different timeline (we'll see).

NewJeffCT

First Post
They won't. They said that there's going to be a slight timeline shuffle so that there's stuff to show from each front, instead of 'why aren't they showing anything from the wall?' or 'no Jaime?'. Also I'm beginning to suspect that a certain event has been moved earlier from the third book to the end of the second (but I'm not sure). Suffice to say that it's likely the books won't help that much to know what comes in what order. But there shouldn't be any huge changes, just a different timeline (we'll see).

The prison cell encounter between Cat & Jamie was in Season 1 on the TV show, but took place a decent way into A Clash of Kings in the books.

The teaser trailer that came out last month already had something that was part of A Storm of Swords' prologue - the 3 blasts of the horn. My guess is that the last episode of Season 2 will contain that, with Sam explaining what the 3rd blasts means.

(Also, the sample chapter of Winds of Winter that George R.R. Martin released a few weeks back goes back to before Jon Snow got the letter (you know, that letter...) at the end of A Dance with Dragons.)

Janx

Hero

I'm OK with that. In the end, one has to expect some differences, just because of the format and such.

Fast Learner

First Post
"I am Danaerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine through fire and blood", and then in later books
will fail to do so through poor political maneuvering, surprising naïveté, and general dithering.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
"I am Danaerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine through fire and blood", and then in later books
will fail to do so through poor political maneuvering, surprising naïveté, and general dithering.

Was that spoiler part describing Danaerys or Goerge R. R. Martin...?;)

NewJeffCT

First Post

well, in the books, she is 13 years old at the start of A Game of Thrones... so, has at least some excuse for being naive. Not to mention, having been mentally and physically abused by her brother (and possibly sexually abused a well - he was a Targaryen after all.)

LightPhoenix

First Post

I have never wanted a character to die horribly more than I do
Daario

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases