Game of Thrones: Season 2, first full trailer up

Fast Learner

First Post
well, in the books, she is 13 years old at the start of A Game of Thrones... so, has at least some excuse for being naive. Not to mention, having been mentally and physically abused by her brother (and possibly sexually abused a well - he was a Targaryen after all.)
I totally understand that. It's just that it has been somewhat frustrating seeing her transform from
badass slave-freeing army-leading dragon-controlling warrior queen that you can easily envision sweeping across Westeros
into a
lovelorn, indecisive, do-nothing that is far more trusting than someone raised with her brother has any right to be

The trailer just reminded me that
the person she seemed to be when she says that line isn't the person she becomes; ultimately that well may change, but she hasn't been that person in quite a long time. And I miss that person

NewJeffCT

First Post
I totally understand that. It's just that it has been somewhat frustrating seeing her transform from
badass slave-freeing army-leading dragon-controlling warrior queen that you can easily envision sweeping across Westeros
into a
lovelorn, indecisive, do-nothing that is far more trusting than someone raised with her brother has any right to be

The trailer just reminded me that
the person she seemed to be when she says that line isn't the person she becomes; ultimately that well may change, but she hasn't been that person in quite a long time. And I miss that person

I had posted this on either Tower of the Hand or Westeros.org a few months back, but my hope for Dany was - spoilers below:
1) Ser Barristan and the Unsullied successfully defend the city with the help of Tyrion now commanding the Second Sons & Brown Ben Plumm.
2) Viktarion and the Iron Fleet smash the naval siege, and offer their services to help transport the troops back to Westeros.
3) Dany's dragons help her win back the Dothraki to her side, and she comes riding triumphantly back to Meereen at the head of a huge khalasar.
4) Aegon and the Golden Company join up with the Dornish, who then unite with Dany's newly arriving army when Aegon is killed somewhere along the way.

Of course, it's George R.R. Martin, so nothing could go that smoothly.

Fast Learner

First Post
I had posted this on either Tower of the Hand or Westeros.org a few months back, but my hope for Dany was - spoilers below
Aye, that would be a sort of idealized outcome, and right along the lines of what I hoped/thought.

Of course, it's George R.R. Martin, so nothing could go that smoothly.
Yeah, exactly. No way it'll be that smooth, especially since it would require different parties to cooperate, something that doesn't seem to be in the blood of Westerosi. Heck, that might well explain thousands of years of warring monarchies without more advanced governments. ;)

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Talking about slight timeline shuffles, suddenly a wild comet appears in the latest trailer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNLc5Nf9YxA]Game of Thrones Season 2 HBO GO Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Cor Azer

First Post
Yeah, but the comet was in book 1. I was starting to think they'd removed it entirely.

To be fair, it was end of book one, and expanded on greatly in book two with Stannis/Melisandre.

Better to have all the comet stuff in one episode, and since Stannis and Co aren't introduced until book/season two, there it is.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases