Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Out of Character discussion for Leif's AD&D game goes here.

Recruiting for this game is presently closed, thanks.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Greyhawk is my favorite setting; I have been playing and DMing in the setting for over twenty years now. I am currently playing in two campaigns set in Greyhawk - one set in and around Yecha near the border between Ekbir and the lands of the Tiger Nomads, and the other in Cauldron in the Amedio Jungle.

It is cool that you decided on the Hold of the Sea Princes as that is one of the areas I have never played in before. I am really looking forward to seeing your take in the setting. :)
I hope I can live up to your expectations and dreams! ;)

Leif

Adventurer
Steeldragons, what two spells has Shiyana prepared for the first "game day?"

Imperialus, you have Camlin's proficiencies listed as "Swords, Throwing Axes, Bows." Sorry to be picky, but you need to specify which swords and which bows. [From your sheet, I see that it's longsword and short bow. Just note that Cam is not proficient with two-handed swords ad longbows.] There's only one kind of throwing axe, which is the hand axe, right?

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
Steeldragons, what two spells has Shiyana prepared for the first "game day?"

Imperialus, you have Camlin's proficiencies listed as "Swords, Throwing Axes, Bows." Sorry to be picky, but you need to specify which swords and which bows. [From your sheet, I see that it's longsword and short bow. Just note that Cam is not proficient with two-handed swords ad longbows.] There's only one kind of throwing axe, which is the hand axe, right?

Can do, though I'll make his proficiency with Longbow and eat the -3 penalty with shortbows until he can afford to buy one. We can just assume that he broke his longbow recently and is currently using a 'backup' or something.

Leif

Adventurer
Can do, though I'll make his proficiency with Longbow and eat the -3 penalty with shortbows until he can afford to buy one. We can just assume that he broke his longbow recently and is currently using a 'backup' or something.
Fair enough, thanks. Let's hope that day won't be too awfully long in coming since we're only talking about 60gp.
You always do, my friend. Except for the Rainbow Mage adventure that died super quick. :)
Thanks! Yeah that "Hall of the Rainbow Mage" adventure did die the death in a rather ignominious and rapid fashion, didn't it? I had put that out of my mind completely. Thanks for reminding me! :rant: But, uh, I'm not really sure what happened with that, so I don't even know what kind of excuse to make. Not like it would do me any good, anyway.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
There is a web-based publication called OSRIC [Old School Reference and Index Compilation] that is almost 100% faithful to the old AD&D harcover books, without infringing any intellectual property rights. Here's the link to the FREE pdf, check it out:

OSRIC free download

So far the only discrepancy I've found is that, according to OSRIC, when a Ftr/Rngr/Pal rolls for exceptional strength, a result of "00" gives him a 19 strength instead of an 18/100% Strength. [No, that's not chauvanistic because female characters have a lower maximum strength. :p ]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
So far the only discrepancy I've found is that, according to OSRIC, when a Ftr/Rngr/Pal rolls for exceptional strength, a result of "00" gives him a 19 strength instead of an 18/100% Strength. [No, that's not chauvanistic because female characters have a lower maximum strength. :p ]

Despite the fact that a 19 is better than an 18/00, there is just something so much cooler about saying "Eighteen Double Zero." It is like you are James Bond or something.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases