Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Yeah, not only is it new, it's totally sucky, too! You guys ok if we totally neglect that little rule? Of course, it will apply or not to magic-user baddies the same way...

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Yeah, not only is it new, it's totally sucky, too! You guys ok if we totally neglect that little rule? Of course, it will apply or not to magic-user baddies the same way...

Fine with me to ignore it! I see no reason for the benefit of one's reflexes and speed to somehow "vanish" because you are charging someone.

(I don't expect to see too many MU characters, PC or NPC, "charging" into battle anyway. haha. But I could be wrong, of course.)

Leif

Adventurer
Maybe I said it wrong, steeldragons, but it has nothing to do with 'charging.' The rule is that magic-users are denied dex bonus to AC when they are casting spells. That makes them even more vulnerable to losing spells because they are interrupted by melee attacks. This makes it even more important for magic-users to avoid combat at all costs.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Maybe I said it wrong, steeldragons, but it has nothing to do with 'charging.' The rule is that magic-users are denied dex bonus to AC when they are casting spells. That makes them even more vulnerable to losing spells because they are interrupted by melee attacks. This makes it even more important for magic-users to avoid combat at all costs.

AH! That. Yeah, I'm still in the 'please ignore it" camp. hahaha. But then, I'm not playing the MU (I suspect it applies for the clerics and druids =spell casting in general- too, of course). So, yeah, I'm all good with ignoring that.

I don't think, from what i recall, Shiyana has any Dex. bonus to speak of...she might...I'm not bothering to look it up now...but if she ever gets some "bracers of dexterity" or whatnot...I see no "game breaking" by leaving this lil' gem of 1e "rules" out (on both sides of the screen ;).

I'll leave it to Turthain, though, since I'm sure he has SOME kind of Dex. bonus to worry about.

Leif

Adventurer
Right you are, steeldragons! Turthainwould be AC 7 instead of AC 5 when casting his spells. That's not too cool.

Leif

Adventurer
Sorry, guys, I haven't been too 'with it' for a few days. I'll try to get us going properly again soon.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases