Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Despite the fact that a 19 is better than an 18/00, there is just something so much cooler about saying "Eighteen Double Zero." It is like you are James Bond or something.
We always used to say, "18-one-hundred," but same difference, I guess.

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
Despite the fact that a 19 is better than an 18/00, there is just something so much cooler about saying "Eighteen Double Zero." It is like you are James Bond or something.

Hmm, now I'm kinda in the mood to watch some James Bond... and try to accept Denise Richards as a nuclear scientist. :hmm:

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, guys, I'm wanting to get this show on the road fairly soon, if we can. And I don't even have an adventure ready! I guess it's the old rule set that's got me feeling invincible "behind the screens," and feeling like I can just take a blank map and wing a whole adventure! I'm guessing that you guys don't want me to test that theory, huh?

I guess we have to give Keldryn and Rhun all the time they want to get their characters ready. And I need to get some ideas on some computer disk space. Maybe Rhun is having second thoughts about how s-l-o-w-l-y his F/MU/T will advance? My all-time favorite AD&D character was an Elf Magic-User/Thief named Yrel. My DM from that game has appeared on ENWorld once or twice but never acted like he wanted to play. Isn't it a shame when people grow up? Tch! [Can I get an AMEN! for the Star Trek [the Original Series, ST:tOS] episode, "And the Children Shall Lead"?]

Ha!! I forgot Rhun already has his dude statted out and posted over in the D&D Legacy Forum in what was basically our Recruiting Thread I guess.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ok, guys, I'm wanting to get this show on the road fairly soon, if we can. And I don't even have an adventure ready! I guess it's the old rule set that's got me feeling invincible "behind the screens," and feeling like I can just take a blank map and wing a whole adventure! I'm guessing that you guys don't want me to test that theory, huh?

I have no problem with that if that's how you want to do it. This being 1e, stuff like how much of the region/surrounding countryside we all know about, local history, and all of that sort of thing is really in your ballpark, for you to tell us, anyway.

But I can't really see any deterement to doing it that way in a PbP.

I guess we have to give Keldryn and Rhun all the time they want to get their characters ready. And I need to get some ideas on some computer disk space. Maybe Rhun is having second thoughts about how s-l-o-w-l-y his F/MU/T will advance? My all-time favorite AD&D character was an Elf Magic-User/Thief named Yrel.

Elf MU/Thfs were always a favorite combo of mine, too. :) One that comes to mind, most readily, was a rakish charmer (also in a "starting at 1st level" game) who called himself "Dyr the Lucky." His epithet aside, Dyr's "luck" saw to it that he didn't even make it to the second encounter. Splat. Gurgle. Dead...within the first half hour of play. lol.

My DM from that game has appeared on ENWorld once or twice but never acted like he wanted to play. Isn't it a shame when people grow up? Tch! [Can I get an AMEN! for the Star Trek [the Original Series, ST:tOS] episode, "And the Children Shall Lead"?]

AMEN!

Steeldragons, what two spells has Shiyana prepared for the first "game day?"

She'll go with Shillelagh annnnd...hm...Speak with Animals for day 1.

Looking forward to it. Can't wait to get started! :D
--SD

Leif

Adventurer
You know, steeldragons, ironically, it was my DM for Yrel who first told me about Andorra when we were kids. I guess he had a fascination with small countries or something. Now I can't even remember where it is, but I'm guessing in the mountains between Spain and France? Of course, the internet being what it is, I could find out very quickly.

Rhun

First Post
We always used to say, "18-one-hundred," but same difference, I guess.

Yeah, in our group it was always "Eighteen Double Zero." I guess each group had a different way of saying it...but wasn't it even list as 18/00 on the charts? I can't remember, and haven't look at my PHB.

I guess we have to give Keldryn and Rhun all the time they want to get their characters ready. And I need to get some ideas on some computer disk space. Maybe Rhun is having second thoughts about how s-l-o-w-l-y his F/MU/T will advance? My all-time favorite AD&D character was an Elf Magic-User/Thief named Yrel. My DM from that game has appeared on ENWorld once or twice but never acted like he wanted to play. Isn't it a shame when people grow up? Tch! [Can I get an AMEN! for the Star Trek [the Original Series, ST:tOS] episode, "And the Children Shall Lead"?]

Ha!! I forgot Rhun already has his dude statted out and posted over in the D&D Legacy Forum in what was basically our Recruiting Thread I guess.

I need to make some minor changes, but I don't think I'll do anything drastic. I'm not too worried about my PC advancing slowly...I seem to remember in the old days that multi-class PCs never fell too far behind. Give me this weekend, and I should be ready to go.

So do you have any idea what you'll be running from an adventure standpoint?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
You know, steeldragons, ironically, it was my DM for Yrel who first told me about Andorra when we were kids. I guess he had a fascination with small countries or something. Now I can't even remember where it is, but I'm guessing in the mountains between Spain and France? Of course, the internet being what it is, I could find out very quickly.

It is, indeed, in the mountains between Spain and France...<Foghorn Leghorn> I say, Pyrenees mountains, that is </foghorn>...in the more eastern side. Highly identifies with "Catalunia" moreso than "Spain" proper...but Catalunia isn't its own country, of course.

I'm about a half-hour to Spain and roughly 45 minutes to France. But yes, very "in the mountains" (I believe the village where we live is at 1600 meters or so above sea level) and FINALLY snowy, just this week! Could do without the sub-zero (Celsius, of course ;) temperatures that came with the snow, however.

Rhun

First Post
I'm about a half-hour to Spain and roughly 45 minutes to France. But yes, very "in the mountains" (I believe the village where we live is at 1600 meters or so above sea level) and FINALLY snowy, just this week! Could do without the sub-zero (Celsius, of course ;) temperatures that came with the snow, however.

Just a little higher than I am in Salt Lake. Well, 300 meters or so. :) Luckily, we've been having a fairly warm winter. All January our highs have been mostly in the 40s, which is quite a bit above average for this time of year. Last year I had shoveled so much snow by now that I was completely sick of winter.

Keldryn

Adventurer

I'll get something written up and posted this weekend. Probably just a human fighter, but I may change my mind at the last minute and go with a second ranger. :p

Leif

Adventurer
Yeah, in our group it was always "Eighteen Double Zero." I guess each group had a different way of saying it...but wasn't it even list as 18/00 on the charts? I can't remember, and haven't look at my PHB.
Well, 00 is how you roll 100 on percentile dice, isn't it?
;)
I need to make some minor changes, but I don't think I'll do anything drastic. I'm not too worried about my PC advancing slowly...I seem to remember in the old days that multi-class PCs never fell too far behind. Give me this weekend, and I should be ready to go.
Cool. I hope I'm ready by Monday. I got some done today, but I'd really rather wait until my new copy of CityState gets here. I'll look more for my old copy, but I don't hold out much hope of finding it. I've pretty much ranscked the place as it is, and the fact that I can't find it chaps me no end!
So do you have any idea what you'll be running from an adventure standpoint?
Homebrew adventures. Well 95% anyway, maybe taking hints from Greyhawk and CityState.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases