Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Good to see that the party is now complete. I'm getting close to ready to open the IC and get us to playing. Bear with me, please, for a bit longer.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Thanks! Ok, so NOW the party is complete? :heh:

Looks like.

2 Humans, a half-elf and 2 elves.

Fighter/MU, Ranger, Fighter/MU/Thief, Cleric and Druid.

Nicely rounded out, if you ask me.

So, a Ranger, a Cleric, a Druid and two elves walk into a bar... :p

Leif

Adventurer
Agreed! However, I'm concerned that all of our Magic-Users are multi-classes. That means that they're going to be the slowest to advance (even two or three times as slow as they are anyway which is saying something), which in turn means that the party's spell capabilities are going to lag behind a bit. So I may crank up our advancement rate and try to get us to a 'fun-to-play' level fairly quickly. Any objections to that?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Agreed! However, I'm concerned that all of our Magic-Users are multi-classes. That means that they're going to be the slowest to advance (even two or three times as slow as they are anyway which is saying something), which in turn means that the party's spell capabilities are going to lag behind a bit. So I may crank up our advancement rate and try to get us to a 'fun-to-play' level fairly quickly. Any objections to that?

That's up to you, as far as I'm concerned.

I have no problem with it...and kind of like the idea that a good portion of the party's "magic" might will fall to Odo and Shiyana.

And/or, if you want to throw lots of magical stuff at us that would require a single-classed mage, we could always hire out. Get a full MU retainer/NPC to come along...a lil' "henchman subcontracting" in the mix. :cool:

But I'm not gonna argue against leveling up fast either. lol.:angel:

--SD

Imperialus

Explorer
It should only be a major issue for the first 2 or 3 levels. After that, the exponential rate of growth with XP requirements should even things out.

In my F2F game for example my single classed dwarf fighter is only 1 level ahead of our multiclass fighter/MU

Rhun

First Post
It should only be a major issue for the first 2 or 3 levels. After that, the exponential rate of growth with XP requirements should even things out.

This is my experience with AD&D leveling as well. Once you get to the mid-levels, the classes are generally only a level or two behind.

I've still got a few small mods to make to my PC (most notably giving him some studded leather instead of chain), but other than that I think I'm good.

Leif

Adventurer
Very well, then, we'll go with what we've got! :) This is a very happy thing. Oh, and I checked, and yes, the AD&D rules are still that players get 1 xp for each 1 gp of treasure recovered! Plus for xp magic items, too! Yay!!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases