GLEE #55: Michael

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Another tribute episode. All the songs in tonight's episode are by Michael Jackson (if you couldn't guess from the title), either as a solo artist or as a member of the Jackson 5. The Warblers make an unwelcome return -- I guess they're going to be in regionals (what exactly are regionals anyways?). On the plus side, we get to see Artie dance.

The playlist (unless otherwise noted, all songs originally performed by Michael Jackson):

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - Blaine and New Directions

I Just Can't Stop Loving You - Rachel and Finn

Bad - New Directions and Dalton Academy Warblers

Scream (with Janet Jackson) - Artie and Mike

Quinn sings "Never Can Say Goodbye", originally performed by the Jackson 5

Human Nature - Mercedes and Sam

Smooth Criminal - Santana and the Warblers' lead singer

Ben - Kurt with Rachel and Finn

Black or White - New Directions

I really hope we get more than three new episodes in a row this time. Putting a rerun on immediately after returning was just cruel.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And maybe right after MJ's passing, it was too expensive. Two and a half years later, things have probably slacked off a bit.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
As the song says, it *doesn't matter* if you're black or white.

But they did have black and white. And Asian, and straight and gay, boys and girls, athletes and disabled, rich and poor. That's not diverse enough for you?

Fast Learner

First Post
It was pretty diverse, agreed. Still felt strange.

Don't mistake my expressing discomfort with it as a claim that it was wrong or bad, or that other people should feel this way. Just noting my response.

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
As the song says, it *doesn't matter* if you're black or white.

But they did have black and white. And Asian, and straight and gay, boys and girls, athletes and disabled, rich and poor. That's not diverse enough for you?

But not Tina. That took me out of the episode.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But not Tina. That took me out of the episode.

A number of the characters are missing from time to time, so I didn't think much of it. I wouldn't be surprised if that was because the actress had something else going on when that was being shot.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases