Day by day seems easiest:

Sunday : Once Upon A Time

Monday : Two Broke Girls, Alcatraz

Tuesday : White Collar

Wednesday : Hot in Cleveland

Thursday : Big Bang Theory, Person of Interest, Bones, The Finder

Friday : Nikita, Fringe, Grimm, Merlin

Saturday : generally nothing

The above schedule is for new eps. So I haven't actually watched Bones in weeks, nor Two Broke Girls. I've been happy with the rest of the lot for the most part, Betty White still cracks me up endlessly on Hot in Cleveland. :)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
And, despite my knowing better, I am finding myself sorely tempted by "The Phantom Menace 3D".

If I can 3D IMAX that, I probably will.

As I posted in the "This Weekend @ The Boxoffice: 2012_Feb.06" thread - I saw a number of movies over the last week including Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Red Tails, The Grey, and Chronicle.

I do not recommend Chronicle. I had hoped for a fresh take on the superhero genre and what I got was a poorly filmed, thinly plotted, predictable, short film of little worth. I'd give it a 4 or 5 for coming up with a seed of an idea poorly executed.

Red Tails, as some have said, was a nice call back to war movies of a bygone age, chock full of cliche dialogue, with some fun dogfights that make it a good war movie. However, it is unlikely to be a very memorable film. If you like war movies and air combat of that era, definitely see it, but don't expect much else. The characters are likeable enough but the script could have been much better with a little effort though the actors make as much as they can from what they are given. I'd give this a 5 or a 6 at most.

The Grey had some good moments but the tension doesn't come from anything very surprising. It is picturesque and the most is made of the environment used for the setting. The characters reveal much about themselves along the way while they fight for survival in constant crisis mode but the unpredictability of the antagonists comes off as a little too convenient to the moments in the story when they are utilized. I liked The Grey but even so I wouldn't rate it above a 7.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is simply a very good adaptation of John le Carre's classic British spy novel. I remember enjoying the mini-series with Alec Guiness but that was long enough ago that I didn't recall the plot, which made this viewing very enjoyable. The pacing and the acting were expertly applied to the material and Gary Oldman's subtle work should be awarded. I'd rate this film at a 7 or 8.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games

And my copy of El Cid has also arrived, so I've got a very fun double feature in my near future. :D

El Cid (1961) - IMDb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Cid_(film)

835gb6xgmz8prm.jpg

ch0407_04.jpg

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Sunday
  • Once Upon a Time
  • Walking Dead
Monday
  • Castle
Tuesday
  • NCIS
  • NCIS: LA
  • Justified
  • White Collar
Wednesday
  • Royal Pains
Thursday
  • Big Bang
  • Person of Interest
  • The Finder
Friday
  • Fringe
  • Spartcus Vengence
Saturday
  • Bleach

The River, just could not take the camera work and characters. Don't think I will be watching.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Waiting for Amazing Race which starts soon!

One of my guilty pleasures is Survivor. It's a cleverly crafted bit of "reality" television that obviously manipulates tons of footage to come up with some compelling plots based on countless things said and done by contestants in the game over the course of their 39 days playing. Of course the main conceit that draws viewers is picking a winner early and watching how the game unfolds as presented by the editors and producers. What it does give viewers, though cherrypicked, are some fascinating moments of interaction and scheming strung together. I have considered checking out the amazing race because like Survivor there is an underlying premise and game being played by the contestants. What's the draw for you?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Republic of Doyle
Big Bang Theory
Grimm
Nikita
A Gifted Man
Who Do You Think You Are?
Rizzoli & Isles*
Unforgettable
King
CSI

I'm psyched for the return of The Walking Dead on Sunday. :cool:

*Season One of this show on Showcase Canada.

Last edited:

GreenLantern

First Post
One of my guilty pleasures is Survivor. It's a cleverly crafted bit of "reality" television that obviously manipulates tons of footage to come up with some compelling plots based on countless things said and done by contestants in the game over the course of their 39 days playing. Of course the main conceit that draws viewers is picking a winner early and watching how the game unfolds as presented by the editors and producers. What it does give viewers, though cherrypicked, are some fascinating moments of interaction and scheming strung together. I have considered checking out the amazing race because like Survivor there is an underlying premise and game being played by the contestants. What's the draw for you?
There are several reasons why I love the show. First, they visit all sorts of places around the world, from Seoul to Dubai to Scotland -- you name it. In addition, the games are centered about different customs in each place, some of which is hilarious! One game , for example, was to participate in a body building contest in Europe where the contestants had to do several poses and score high enough to proceeded onword in the race. Last but not least, the dynamics between the two person teams and the competitive interactions amongst the various teams is extremely entertaining. If you like reality game shows, Amazing Race is one of the very best in my humble opinion.

Jhaelen

First Post
Finally watched Breaking Bad seasons 1-3 and caught up with the summaries online for season 4.

Great show.
Agreed! More or less random zapping lead me to the first episode of season 3 and was totally hooked right away. I just got the first two seasons and will start watching those soon.

I also watched the first episode of Luther and was rather annoyed at so many illogical details and cliches that I couldn't enjoy it at all. I don't get why this show has been getting good reviews. Is it because everybody is still so enamoured with the main actor's role in 'The Wire' that they're somehow missing that this show is really crap?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases