[February] What are you watching?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Saw the lastest Underworld and still need to go see Red Tails. Also interested in The Grey and, later this week, Chronicle and maybe seeing Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace on the big screen again.

Television has the usualy suspects like Big Bang Theory, Daily Show, Colbert, Archer, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, and maybe a couple of others.

Nytmare

David Jose
In the theater, I just watched "One for the Money." (I'm both a Jersey boy and was a member of the crew) I was pleasantly surprised because, with a first time film director, almost two years of sitting on a shelf, and then a January release, I was expecting it to completely suck. In the end it managed to, if nothing else, not suck.

On Netflix (yesterday and today), I watched the first two seasons of a BBC show called "Survivors", a decent, post apocalyptic, super-flu, BBC drama, and "Lonesome Dove", an absolutely spectacular western, TV miniseries from the late 80s. I'm actually miffed cause I had been ignoring Lonesome Dove for ages, and enjoyed it so much that I've decided to add a Wild-wild-western flair to my next D&D campaign.

Elodan

Adventurer
By day, based on who's showing new episodes:

Sunday
* The Simpsons
* Family Guy
* American Dad
Monday
* House
* Alcatraz
Thursday
* Big Bang Theory
* Parks and Recreation
Friday
* Clone Wars
* Fringe

Jack7

First Post
TV

Saints Alive - a show I've never seen before. A sort of "You Were There" (don't know how many of you are old enough to know what I mean) with Saints. The one episode I saw involved an interview with Pope Gregory the Great. In the interview he talked about his Book of Pastoral Care. I recently read the book, thought it brilliant, and found the interview very interesting. I'm gonna keep watching the show, even recording it.

Grimm - I'm really liking the way the show, the characters, and the opposite is developing.

Film

nothing this month so far

Video

True Grit - truly great, I love Westerns and love the Coen Brothers' films

The Thing - saw the prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing. As my daughter said it was more creepy than scary. And was quite good until they got aboard the alien vessel. Never should have showed the interior, at least not the interior the film showed.

Edge of Darkness - yeah, I know corporate and government conspiracies could never work like this. But I really enjoyed the film.

Prometheus - I've been watching every trailer for the upcoming film Prometheus I can find, and then by analysing the scenes seeing if I can figure out what the storyline might be. I think I know now. Or at least I have a pretty good idea.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Mark, was Underworld worth seeing?

It was short with too much front-loaded exposition to bring folks not familair with the previous movies up to speed. But I'm a sucker for F/X of this kind in genre movies so I wanted to see the uber-lycan. Naturally, Kate is always a treat to watch in her role. I see such things on the big screen because I feel it's best to view them that way. I'm often disappointed by this sort of popcorn fare if I wait to see it on a smaller screen because it loses the scope with which it is meant to inspire awe. I always suggest catching the early show for the lowest price and for that sort of money if you like the aspects I like, then you'll emjoy this as I did, which is to say mildly.

delericho

Legend
TV:

"Spartacus: Vengeance" started last week. I wasn't impressed, but will give it a few weeks to pick up. (I felt "Blood and Sand" started slow as well, while "Gods of the Arena" was excellent throughout.)

Will watch "Fringe" whenever it finally restarts.

Unless, of course, I cancel my Sky subscription in the meantime - I'm finding it really hard to justify for only a couple of shows in the week. (Is it just me, or has TV generally just been sorely lacking since "Lost" and "24" ended?)

Movies:

Going to see the new Muppets film this weekend.

And, despite my knowing better, I am finding myself sorely tempted by "The Phantom Menace 3D".

DVD:

Gradually re-watching "Battlestar Galactica". Just passed halfway through the first season. Great stuff.

My fiancee has loaned me the first season of "True Blood", which I will probably start watching later this week.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases