DM wanted for AD&D subcontract work

Gullstaff

First Post
First off this is no joke.

I played AD&D when in high school all the way through the early 90's. Recently a group of old "retired" D&D gamers as well as a few new ones have started a AD&D 2.0 campaign of which I was elected DM. Real life commitments to work and family are preventing me from creating a lot of the world that I am crafting which is leaning a lot on the Forgotten Realms Swords Coast area.

I am looking for someone who can craft me dungeons or other adventures areas to fit in with my campaign. ideally I would send a requirement for what I am looking for and you would create the dungeon or town or whatever to fit my needs.

I have a general campaign plot line and story and just need help with creation of some of the material

If this is something your interested in helping with, let me know and how much you would require per dungeon or item

Gullstaff

Last edited:

Gullstaff

First Post
Dungeons

Dungeons prefilled with enemies, traps, and treasures, or empty halls for you to slightly customize?

Preferably pre filled with as much details as can be done, to my specifications of what the place is, based on my back story, to fit into my campaign, etc.

Gullstaff

Sekhmet

First Post
Throw me an idea, I'll write up what comes to me and submit it for approval. If you like it, use it and throw me another idea or two.
Honestly, I've nothing better to do with my time, though you'll have to let me know which books I should limit myself to.

Gullstaff

First Post
Throw me an idea, I'll write up what comes to me and submit it for approval. If you like it, use it and throw me another idea or two.
Honestly, I've nothing better to do with my time, though you'll have to let me know which books I should limit myself to.
OK Sekhmet, I will send you an Email or PM with what I am looking for tonight along with the loose plot line I have developed so far.

Anyone else that wants to have a go at it, your more than welcome to as well.

Gullstaff

Aehrlon

First Post
Gullstaff, I have a recommendation for you. Back in the day, oh, say circa 1988 there was a Module put out by TSR Called Under Illfarn by Steve Perrin. It's for characters 0-3rd Level. A buddy of mine ran it as DM and it was great fun... but also set on the Sword Coast in the Forgotten Realms (as you said that's what you were interested in). From what I remember, it was well written, had some great NPCs, very good back-story and some memorable dungeon-crawling. Thinking back on it has me looking on Ebay to see if I can score a copy for a decent price myself, for posterity, of course. I think it was a 1E AD&D module but they're easily adapted to 2E IMHO.

A Curse Is On The Land
Daggerford is fairly quiet for a frontier town. Sure, lizard men raid the local baron's holding now and then, orcs sneak out of the Misty Forest to raid caravans on the Trade Way, and lady Bronwyn has a few suitors who are a touch too passionate, but there's nothing going on that a member of the renowned Daggerford militia can't handle.
Except that the Shining River has turned green, the cattle are dying. Except that the Elf King of Laughing Hollow, a place where no human dares to go without fearing for his life, is asking the militia for help. Except that strange substances are oozing from the fissures caused by a recent earthquake. Except that the earthquake also has opened an entrance in the cliffs around Laughing Hollow that might lead to the fabled dwarf mines of Illefarn.
Suddenly, being a militiaman isn't quite as easy as it used to be...

Under Illefarn is the first module produced for use with the FORGOTTEN REALMS Campaign Set.

Gullstaff

First Post
Gullstaff, I have a recommendation for you. Back in the day, oh, say circa 1988 there was a Module put out by TSR Called Under Illfarn by Steve Perrin. It's for characters 0-3rd Level. A buddy of mine ran it as DM and it was great fun... but also set on the Sword Coast in the Forgotten Realms (as you said that's what you were interested in). From what I remember, it was well written, had some great NPCs, very good back-story and some memorable dungeon-crawling. Thinking back on it has me looking on Ebay to see if I can score a copy for a decent price myself, for posterity, of course. I think it was a 1E AD&D module but they're easily adapted to 2E IMHO.

A Curse Is On The Land
Daggerford is fairly quiet for a frontier town. Sure, lizard men raid the local baron's holding now and then, orcs sneak out of the Misty Forest to raid caravans on the Trade Way, and lady Bronwyn has a few suitors who are a touch too passionate, but there's nothing going on that a member of the renowned Daggerford militia can't handle.
Except that the Shining River has turned green, the cattle are dying. Except that the Elf King of Laughing Hollow, a place where no human dares to go without fearing for his life, is asking the militia for help. Except that strange substances are oozing from the fissures caused by a recent earthquake. Except that the earthquake also has opened an entrance in the cliffs around Laughing Hollow that might lead to the fabled dwarf mines of Illefarn.
Suddenly, being a militiaman isn't quite as easy as it used to be...

Under Illefarn is the first module produced for use with the FORGOTTEN REALMS Campaign Set.
Thanks for the suggestion Aehrlon.

I will take your advice.

Sekhmet also created a great first dungeon for me as well. I am asking him to do more as he sees fit or as time allows.

As far as the Forgotten Realms/ The Sword Coast, I just used that because it was an easy way to have somethings "pre-set" or already done at the start. I am planing on modifying the setting a great deal.

If anyone else wants to contribute ideas, create material, or share something they already have made, please do.

I have a group that is hungry to play after not being able to do so for 20 years or so. I want this campaign for them to be a good one.

Gullstaff

Remove ads