Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Current Political Situation in the Flaeness, or the nearby parts at least

You know, steeldragons suggested that maybe Simon, Raggs, and Iono had travelled to the Pomarj together, perhaps on some kind of mission. Whatever the mission is, whether it has already been completed or not, now they've run into Amaya, and the rest will soon be history.

How does that grab everybody? I admit that it's not quite the idea that I was working with, but it's as good as anything I did have, and I can easily flesh this story out in oh, about two shakes. If I have everyone's agreement and cooperation, that is?

Presuming for the moment that you'll give me the green light to proceed with this, there is one bit of information I'll need. Well, two, but I'm hoping that everyone has already put his/her character's origin within Greyhawk on his/her character sheet, so that will take care of one. [Don't worry Lynda L., I'm thinking that you probably hail originally from Havenhill in the Principality of Ulek, ajacent to the Pomarj to the west, and that you've been working to arm orcs and goblins in the Pomarj at the behest of His Royal Highness, Prince Jeon II of Monmurg; Ruler of the Azure Sea; Captain of All Fleets, etc; the nominal potentate of the Hold of the Sea Princes,]

Prince Jeon, you have begun to surmise, is seeking to foment rebellion and war against the Principality of Ulek, the County of Ulek, and the Duchy of Ulek, all of which lie in a neat row next to the Pomarj, the Principality is adjacent to it, then the County, and finally the Duchy of Ulek. The thought being that if the various states of Ulek fall or are at least severely weakened, then Keoland (the next state to the south) will be likewise weakened and will become obsessed with quelling this uprising to her immediate east and north. Therefore, she will pay scant attention to a land grab coming from her south, namely, the Hold of the Sea Princes, home to your benefactor, the instigator of this arms race, Prince Jeon II. All of this is further complicated by the opposition to Prince Jeon II by Overlord Lucius II of Briarwood on Flotsam Island in the Hold of the Sea Princes, who, while he opposes this nefarious plan, probably has an alternate nefarious plan all of his own.

Actually, Amaya, the so-called "arms race" has slowed to a crawl, because you haven't seen any money coming from Prince Jeon in recent memory. You are all but out of money and you were depending upon this, this orc son of a laundry sniffer to put some jingle back in your jangle. But that is now looking increasingly unlikely....

[Now everyone commit all of this info to heart immediately, because there's likely to be a pop quiz when you least expect it! :lol: ]

Anyway, back to the one piece of information that I need (ahem!) -- what I'm curious about is where in Greyhawk you folk want to adventure? Personally, I think that the Pomarj is hard to beat for a region brim-full of monsters with adventure lurking around almost every corner, but, hey, that's just me.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
You know, steeldragons suggested that maybe Simon, Raggs, and Iono had travelled to the Pomarj together, perhaps on some kind of mission. Whatever the mission is, whether its already been completed or not, now they've run into Amaya, and the rest will soon be history.

How does that grab everybody? I admit that it's not quite the idea that I was working with, but it's as good as anything I did have, and I can easily flesh this story out in oh, about two shakes. If I have everyone's agreement and cooperation, that is?

Works for me. :D

Presuming for the moment that you'll give me the green light to proceed with this, there is one bit of information I'll need. Well, two, but I'm hoping that everyone has already put his/her character's origin within Greyhawk on his/her character sheet, so that will take care of one. [Don't worry Lynda L., I'm thinking that you probably hail originally from Havenhill in the Principality of Ulek, ajacent to the Pomarj to the west, and that you've been working to arm orcs and goblins in the Pomarj at the behest of His Royal Highness, Prince Jeon II of Monmurg; Ruler of the Azure Sea; Captain of All Fleets, etc; the nominal potentate of the Hold of the Sea Princes,]

-snip stuff relevant for Amaya-

[Now everyone commit all of this info to heart immediately, because there's likely to be a pop quiz when you least expect it! :lol: ]

Anyway, back to the one piece of information that I need (ahem!) -- what I'm curious about is where in Greyhawk you folk want to adventure? Personally, I think that the Pomarj is hard to beat for a region brim-full of monsters with adventure lurking around almost ever corner, but, hey, that's just me.

Going somewhere in the Pomarj is fine with me...maybe Raggs heard of some long lost trove of riches...or Iono heard rumor (or found in the deepest darkest corner of some library) of a mystical treasure/item long lost...or Simon heard there were giants, moving freely through (or infiltrating) the Pomarj to attack the...whatsit? Principality of Ulek?

I am (remarkably similar to Raggs, actually...though only in this instance :) ) fine with whatever everyone else wants.

Til then...I'm goin' ta go study the original post by Leif since there's gonna be a quiz later. :p

--SD

Leif

Adventurer
Til then...I'm goin' ta go study the original post by Leif since there's gonna be a quiz later. :p

--SD
Sorry, sd, I've been editing that post off and on for some good little time now, so I apologize if that made it difficult for you to sqeeze any sense at all fom it [And I've even corrected a good many of the misspellings in it, too!] It has now reached stasis for the moment, so I'm leaving it alone for now. Anyway, read more there, and if anything reaches out and grabs anyone for the basis of a fun-sounding adventure, let me know, and we'll work our way up to it!

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I'm afraid, [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], that I will have to defer to you as to where in Greyhawk halflings come from...or are likely to come from...or whatever...where Raggs comes from.

My original Greyhawk box set is in the attic back in the states.

AD&D 1e, I know (and have the books with me!). Greyhawk, not so much.

Pick somewhere nice. :D

--SD

Leif

Adventurer
I'm afraid, Leif, that I will have to defer to you as to where in Greyhawk halflings come from...or are likely to come from...or whatever...where Raggs comes from.

My original Greyhawk box set is in the attic back in the states.

AD&D 1e, I know (and have the books with me!). Greyhawk, not so much.

Pick somewhere nice. :D

--SD
Looking at the birth chart for halflings, looks like they can come from just about anywhere, with no certain area being very much favored over the others, so how about if we say Gryrax in the Principality of Ulek? That's just a few days journey southwest of where you are now in Highport, Pomarj.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Greyhawk map, sorta

This map I found on 4 shared, it's not the original, not even the same colors, but it's generally sorta maybe right, kinda. Not good for precise distances, but it's got stuff in the same general relation to everything else as the real map. So this will give you some idea of what I'm talking about. Oh, and you'll need to zoom in a couple of times to make any sense out of this thing.

Attachments

• greyhawk darlene map.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 503

Insight

Adventurer
You know, steeldragons suggested that maybe Simon, Raggs, and Iono had travelled to the Pomarj together, perhaps on some kind of mission. Whatever the mission is, whether it has already been completed or not, now they've run into Amaya, and the rest will soon be history.

That works for me. I think it would be more interesting if our missions was *not* completed and that we need Amaya for some part of it. That would naturally flow into Amaya joining the group.

Presuming for the moment that you'll give me the green light to proceed with this, there is one bit of information I'll need. Well, two, but I'm hoping that everyone has already put his/her character's origin within Greyhawk on his/her character sheet, so that will take care of one.<snip>

A bunch of political stuff

That seems fine, Leif. As long as giants are somehow involved in this, Simon could be feasibly involved in trying to stop it.

Anyway, back to the one piece of information that I need (ahem!) -- what I'm curious about is where in Greyhawk you folk want to adventure? Personally, I think that the Pomarj is hard to beat for a region brim-full of monsters with adventure lurking around almost every corner, but, hey, that's just me.

The Pomarj works on a few levels. For the "morality-impaired", it's a good place to do bad things and not arouse suspicion. For those of us seeking certain evil-doers to stop, well, this is a good a place to start as any. The other good thing about the Pomarj is that we will constantly be on the run from something, which provides excellent dramatic potential.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Looking at the birth chart for halflings, looks like they can come from just about anywhere, with no certain area being very much favored over the others, so how about if we say Gryrax in the Principality of Ulek? That's just a few days journey southwest of where you are now in Highport, Pomarj.

Works for me.

Thanks.

Rats! I was kinda looking forward to having a L/E dude in the group! :) Oh, well, no matter. Do what makes you happy, Strahd. If you're wavering that much between the good side and the evil side, then it sounds like L/N is where you need to stay, either way.

Psstt .... I'm will tend to the evil one.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases