Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
This is the out-of-character thread for the Greyhawk game that includes Insight, Vladamir63 Lynda Lawless, steeldragons, and Strahd von Zarovich. Recruiting is now closed, thanks for your support.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Should I roll the new character here or in the Rogue's gallery (if there is one for Beta game, yet)?

And if here...where/how do I get the dice roller in these posts? Or what dice roller would you like me to use. :)

Happy Sunday.

Looking forward to getting started (in Alpha and Beta!).

--SD

Leif

Adventurer
There is a Rogues' Gallery already:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues...s-greyhawk-beta-game-ad-d-rogues-gallery.html

But you should post characters here first, I guess, and move them to RG after approval from me.

ENWorld dice roller is accessed by clicking on the box in the lower right. It only appears after a post has been saved, not when post is first created. Actually, I don't know what the options are for character-rolling with this dice roller, so it might be easier and better to use Invisible Castle for this. Either one is fine, just post a link to the rolls. I was with vladamir63 when she rolled her character last night, but I can't remember which site was used. Anyway, I can tell ya that's one character I'm going to take a rich, perverse pleasure in slaughtering! :devil:

Insight

Adventurer
Actually, Leif, I just PMed you my character. He has not been posted anywhere. If I need to make a change for party structure/coherence reasons, that's not a problem.

Leif

Adventurer
Actually, Insight, I don't think I received him. Unless you cleverly concealed him in some kind of code that I can't break.

Leif

Adventurer
Insight, vladamir63, and steeldragons, the RG is open and waiting. I 'mentioned' all three of you over there, but I added the 'mentions' as an afterthought after I had already made the post, so I"m not sure if it worked. Anyway, here's the link to the RG:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues...s-greyhawk-beta-game-ad-d-rogues-gallery.html

[Let's just forget about posting them here first ok? Sheesh, what was I thinking?]

If there are problems, we'll iron them out once you get them posted and I have a chance to look over them. I say this because we have a true neophyte among us who may need some help. I know that those of you with vast experience will be ok, and I hope you're not insulted by my 'hand-holding.'

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=steeldragon's character post in RG]
STR 17, DEX 16, CON 13, INT 12, WIS 9, CHA 15

I'm thinkin' Fighter/Thief and, since it's been a loooong time since I had one, let's go Halfling (-1 Str. +1 Dex) for some ole-fashioned, hairy-footed 1e goodness.

Age roll: Halfling base is 20 for Ftr., 40 for Thf., so take a base of 30 (?), used the Ftr. 3d4 additional years [6], = 36 (very near the low end of) Mature Halfling (+1 Str, +1 Wis)

Money (I did a roll for a Fighter and a roll of a Thief and split the difference...if that's ok [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION]? It's how we used to do it.) 110 + 70 / 2= 90gp.

Secondary skill: 51 -Shipwright (?) hmmm.

Leif: How are you working Weapon Profs for multiclasses? Doubling up (which would give me 6 to start!) or dividing by 2 (3 to start...seems more reasonable)? Also, given a Ftr. gets a new prof. every 3 levels and a thief gets one every 4, when would I get a new prof? And the non-prof penalty for Ftr. is -2, Thf is -3...not sure how you'd want to handle that (not that I expect using weapons I'm not proficient with...but if one were to, say, pick up a dropped battleaxe...or a chair, perhaps :)

So...for starters...let's go with this...
---------------------------------------------
Name to come
Halfling/Male
Fighter/Thief, 1/1

HP: 8 (Ftr. max 10 + Thf max 6 /2)

Str: 17 (-1 halfling, +1 age)= 17 (+1 to hit, +1 damage, wt. +500, open doors 1-3, bend bars/lift gates 13%)
Int: 12 (-)
Wis: 9 (+1 age)= 10 (-)
Dex: 16 (+1 halfling)= 17 (reaction/attack +2, defense -3)
Con: 13 (-)
Cha: 15 (henchmen 7, loyalty +15%, reactions +15%)

Weapon Prof: ? Waiting on direction

Thieves Abilities
PP: 30% (+5 halfling, +5 Dex.)= 40%
OL: 25% (+5 halfling, +10 Dex.)= 40%
FRT: 20% (+5 halfling, / Dex.)= 25%
MS: 15% (+10 halfling, +5 Dex.)= 30%
HS: 10% (+15 halfling, +5 Dex.)= 30%
HN: 10% (+5 halfling, / Dex.)= 15%
CW: 85% (-15 halfling, / Dex.)= 70%
RL: -

Halfling Abilities:
Infravision 30' (a hairfoot doesn't count as a "Stout" right?)
Surprise 1-4 in 6 (if alone or 90' ahead and not in metal armor)
+3 to saves vs. Spells, R/S/W, and Poison

Languages: Common, Halfling, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Gob, Orc (no additional languages possible due to Int.)

Secondary Skill: Shipwright

Starting GP: 90

Equipment to come
[/sblock]
1. steeldragons -- re: money roll. No, don't split the difference. Roll for the class that gives you the most and ignore the others, so 5d4X10gp in this case.
2. If you don't like the secondary skill roll, roll again, or just choose one.
3. Weapon Proficiencies -- like money, you take the most favorable class and go with it. In your case, again, you'll have fighter proficiencies and will gain more when your fighter level indicates, without regard to your thief level. But you still get double damage when you backstab, even if it's with a weapon that a thief can't normally use.
4. There are 3 'breeds' of halfling: Tallfelllow, Hairfoot, & Stout. So, no, a Hairfoot is not a Stout. Hairfoots ["That's HairFEET!"] are the most common halflings and form the baseline for the race.

Leif

Adventurer
Proposition for All of You:

We seem to have a sneaky, possibly "non-white-hat" party shaping up here, so I want to just broach this subject now and get everything out in the open without causing anyone any undue stress: How would you lot like to make this the Anti-Hero Party of evildoers and ne'er-do-wells? We can work around things and possibly pursue a program of 'redemption' of the Anti-Heroes later on, or we could just degenerate into a total orgy of pillage, theft, and murder. The CityState is the PERFECT environment for such a party, trust me. Or, we can still pursue the dungeon crawls and suchlike, because, after all, monsters are still monsters, even to evil characters! It's just that your motivations may not be to rescue the fair princess and serve the crown to your dying breath. (Probably more like save the princess long enough to collect my reward and then that b***h better look out!)

Anyway, just a thought. :D Let me know, please?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Hi Leif,

I’ve been an ancient Greyhawk fan, do you have a spot for me in this game?
If do, what’s the main idea of the adventure you are about to run?
Hello, Strahd, I've heard about you for years, but I've never actually seen you play. In fact, you'd make the 4th player in this game, along with Insight, vladamir63, and steeldragons. Keep in mind that we've [I've] just decided to make this party a declared evil party. Didn't plan to do that, but I had so many sneaky folks wanting to keep secrets from the others that it seemed easier to just spill those beans.

There isn't a 'main idea' of the adventure that's been revealed to the players yet. All that's known is that the setting is Greyhawk, specifically the Hold of the Sea Princes, and even more specifically, the city of Briarwood (the City State of the Invincible Overlord) on the northern tip of Flotsam Island in the Hold of the Sea Prines.

1. Rules are pre-Unearthed-Arcana AD&D, 3 core books.
2. Ability scores rolled by a method in the DMG (p. 11) of the player's choice.
3. Maximum HP at first level.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases