AD&D 1st Edition Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01] - Page 10




What's on your mind?

  1. #91
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,092
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldragons View Post
    Horses being so held.

    Sorry. My bad. I thought since the orcs had moved and had their attack and then Iono's post about trying to cast again we were already moving into Round 2.
    Maybe you're right. I'll re-evaluate. But, fyi, you still can't hide in shadows while under direct observation.

 

  • #92
    Steeliest of the dragons
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    steeldragons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andorra
    Posts
    3,694
    Blog Entries
    32
    MystaraGoodman GamesNecromancer GamesOSRGoodman GamesOSRICEN PublishingGygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore steeldragons
    My communities:

    OOC: -snip- And multiple damage above 2X is a creature of later editions, not 1E, sorry.
    Due respect, Lief, but I know my AD&D-fu was not so weak. [and PLEASE understand, I am not a "rules lawyer" by any stretch. If you want, as DM, to just make Backstab "x2" and that's all, that's fine with me...as I said, who knows if we'll have to worry about it...

    However, I do feel the need to point out, 1e Players' Handbook, page 27,
    "Back stabbing is the striking of a blow from behind, be it with club, dagger, or sword. The damage done per hit is twice normal for the weapon used per four experience levels of the thief, i.e. double damage at levels 1-4, triple at 5-8, quadruple at levels 9-12, and [I hadn't actually realized myself!] quintuple at levels 13-16. Note that striking by surprise from behind also increases the hit probability by 20% (+4 on the thief's "to hit" die roll) [which I also did not realize/remember!]."
    Steel Dragons' "All Things Orea" Blog right here on EN world!
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/blog.ph...1-steeldragons
    Steel Dragons' "All Things Orea" Blog right here on EN world!

  • #93
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,092
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by steeldragons View Post
    Due respect, Leif, but I know my AD&D-fu was not so weak. [and PLEASE understand, I am not a "rules lawyer" by any stretch. If you want, as DM, to just make Backstab "x2" and that's all, that's fine with me...as I said, who knows if we'll have to worry about it...

    However, I do feel the need to point out, 1e Players' Handbook, page 27,
    "Back stabbing is the striking of a blow from behind, be it with club, dagger, or sword. The damage done per hit is twice normal for the weapon used per four experience levels of the thief, i.e. double damage at levels 1-4, triple at 5-8, quadruple at levels 9-12, and [I hadn't actually realized myself!] quintuple at levels 13-16. Note that striking by surprise from behind also increases the hit probability by 20% (+4 on the thief's "to hit" die roll) [which I also did not realize/remember!]."
    Okay, you got me there! Let's hope that this game lasts long enough for that rule to be useful to us.

  • #94
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,092
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif
    My communities:

    Sorry, Insight, I know you want to "move things along," but that can't really happen right now: I'm travelling and not in a position where I can make an updated map for the combat, and I won't be until I get home Friday evening. Please bear with me??

    Ok, so much for this, a new IC post went up earlier this evening, as you have all no doubt noticed by now.
    Last edited by Leif; Friday, 2nd March, 2012 at 03:07 AM.

  • #95
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Insight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    5,791
    Blog Entries
    5

    Ignore Insight
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Sorry, Insight, I know you want to "move things along," but that can't really happen right now: I'm travelling and not in a position where I can make an updated map for the combat, and I won't be until I get home Friday evening. Please bear with me??
    Sorry. I was under the impression that the game was waiting on me.
    Leaving EN World for the land of novel writing. I'll be back someday.

  • #96
    I will be offline in the upcoming weekend. NPC me as necessary

  • #97
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,092
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Strahd_Von_Zarovich View Post
    I will be offline in the upcoming weekend. NPC me as necessary
    Very well, Strahd.

  • #98
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,092
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif
    My communities:

    Lynnda L.,

    NEVERMIND!

  • #99
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,092
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif
    My communities:

    Experience updated in early posts in the RG.

  • #100
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,092
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif
    My communities:

    Steeldragons

    Remember the Pathfinder game I was telling you might take them awhile to work something out? We had a marathon today with 4 of us logged on at the same time, and they got it all solved. It's just a cakewalk and some fights now

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [Rogues' Gallery]
      By Leif in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Sunday, 2nd June, 2013, 10:34 PM
    2. Replies: 260
      Last Post: Saturday, 1st June, 2013, 02:20 AM
    3. Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]
      By Leif in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 685
      Last Post: Thursday, 30th May, 2013, 10:32 PM
    4. Replies: 84
      Last Post: Friday, 10th May, 2013, 10:00 AM
    5. Leif's "County of Urnst" Greyhawk Gamma Game [AD&D 1E] [ RG]
      By Leif in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Sunday, 14th April, 2013, 04:14 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •