Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Horses being so held. :eek:

Sorry. My bad. I thought since the orcs had moved and had their attack and then Iono's post about trying to cast again we were already moving into Round 2.
Maybe you're right. I'll re-evaluate. But, fyi, you still can't hide in shadows while under direct observation.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: -snip- And multiple damage above 2X is a creature of later editions, not 1E, sorry.

Due respect, Lief, but I know my AD&D-fu was not so weak. [and PLEASE understand, I am not a "rules lawyer" by any stretch. If you want, as DM, to just make Backstab "x2" and that's all, that's fine with me...as I said, who knows if we'll have to worry about it...

However, I do feel the need to point out, 1e Players' Handbook, page 27,
"Back stabbing is the striking of a blow from behind, be it with club, dagger, or sword. The damage done per hit is twice normal for the weapon used per four experience levels of the thief, i.e. double damage at levels 1-4, triple at 5-8, quadruple at levels 9-12, and [I hadn't actually realized myself!] quintuple at levels 13-16. Note that striking by surprise from behind also increases the hit probability by 20% (+4 on the thief's "to hit" die roll) [which I also did not realize/remember!]."

Leif

Adventurer
Due respect, Leif, but I know my AD&D-fu was not so weak. [and PLEASE understand, I am not a "rules lawyer" by any stretch. If you want, as DM, to just make Backstab "x2" and that's all, that's fine with me...as I said, who knows if we'll have to worry about it...

However, I do feel the need to point out, 1e Players' Handbook, page 27,
"Back stabbing is the striking of a blow from behind, be it with club, dagger, or sword. The damage done per hit is twice normal for the weapon used per four experience levels of the thief, i.e. double damage at levels 1-4, triple at 5-8, quadruple at levels 9-12, and [I hadn't actually realized myself!] quintuple at levels 13-16. Note that striking by surprise from behind also increases the hit probability by 20% (+4 on the thief's "to hit" die roll) [which I also did not realize/remember!]."
Okay, you got me there! Let's hope that this game lasts long enough for that rule to be useful to us.

Leif

Adventurer
Sorry, Insight, I know you want to "move things along," but that can't really happen right now: I'm travelling and not in a position where I can make an updated map for the combat, and I won't be until I get home Friday evening. Please bear with me??

Ok, so much for this, a new IC post went up earlier this evening, as you have all no doubt noticed by now.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Sorry, Insight, I know you want to "move things along," but that can't really happen right now: I'm travelling and not in a position where I can make an updated map for the combat, and I won't be until I get home Friday evening. Please bear with me??

Sorry. I was under the impression that the game was waiting on me.

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Steeldragons]
Remember the Pathfinder game I was telling you might take them awhile to work something out? We had a marathon today with 4 of us logged on at the same time, and they got it all solved. It's just a cakewalk and some fights now
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases