Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
[sblock=Steeldragons]
Remember the Pathfinder game I was telling you might take them awhile to work something out? We had a marathon today with 4 of us logged on at the same time, and they got it all solved. It's just a cakewalk and some fights now
[/sblock]

[sblock]Thanks Leif. I'd still be interested. Sounds like fun. Sure I could figure out the intricacies, long as I have that online guide you sent me to reference. I'll see if I have time to get a character together this week.

Congrats on what sounds like the good, long productive session. If this is saying they need more time before you'd have a place/way to get my PC into the mash, that's fine. Just let me know. I'll let you know when I have a character made up and you let me know when it might be a good fit to join in.

As for Scott DeWar, I know him from seeing him/his posts and interacting with him here, online. I thought for a minute that he might be a "friended" here on ENworld. But it seems not. If I actually know him in real life, lol, I'm not entirely sure. I don't really recall knowing too many "Scotts" in my life. hahaha.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock]Thanks Leif. I'd still be interested. Sounds like fun. Sure I could figure out the intricacies, long as I have that online guide you sent me to reference. I'll see if I have time to get a character together this week.

Congrats on what sounds like the good, long productive session. If this is saying they need more time before you'd have a place/way to get my PC into the mash, that's fine. Just let me know. I'll let you know when I have a character made up and you let me know when it might be a good fit to join in.

As for Scott DeWar, I know him from seeing him/his posts and interacting with him here, online. I thought for a minute that he might be a "friended" here on ENworld. But it seems not. If I actually know him in real life, lol, I'm not entirely sure. I don't really recall knowing too many "Scotts" in my life. hahaha.[/sblock]
[sblock=steeldragons]
OK. You did understand that your character will need to have taken at least his last level in the wizard class, I hope? Character Level when you start will be 7th. If I was you, I'd probably want most of my levels to bve in Wizard, but a character with a significant amount of experience as a fighter or even paladin or ranger would make your dude the 'go-to guy' for melee.
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
I learned a new trick for 1E AD&D today: how to approximate a 'skill check' -- roll 3d6 and if you roll equal to or less than the relevant ability score, your character succeeds. For easy checks, you just roll 2d6. For hard ones roll 4d6, 5d6, or even more. I don't like adding more dice to the game, I'd rather just assume that a PC can do anything 'ordinary' but I can see how it might come in handy at times.

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock]As for Scott DeWar, I know him from seeing him/his posts and interacting with him here, online. I thought for a minute that he might be a "friended" here on ENworld. But it seems not. If I actually know him in real life, lol, I'm not entirely sure. I don't really recall knowing too many "Scotts" in my life. hahaha.[/sblock]
[sblock=steeldragons]About knowing 'Scotts': DeWar's real name is not Scott, you know, that's just his screen name. His real name is David.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Ring is in post #2 of RG.
Experience and Treasure have both been moved into Post #1 of RG.

For Ring's minimal equipment, each PC has a proportionate share of 1gp, 10sp,or 1.5gp.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Sorry, Leif, I don't have my books with me where I am at the moment...how much is a mace? Or, rather, how much is a mace in this little burg (if they even have one for sale) or at least some wooden carved/made club that might be a bit more useful/built for battle than a stick off the side of the road. hahaha.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
PS/FYI I deducted 3gp from Ragg's coinage for [more than] his share toward Ring's armoring and equipping (will take out more if there's a decent weapon for him to get).

As with any henchmen, I presume, we are responsible for feeding this poor sap, er, very helpful and willing addition to our group :eek: Will that cover a week of iron rations and a waterskin for him?

I'm not sure how finicky we're being about that sorta equipment thing.

Leif

Adventurer
Sorry, Leif, I don't have my books with me where I am at the moment...how much is a mace?
PS/FYI I deducted 3gp from Ragg's coinage for [more than] his share toward Ring's armoring and equipping (will take out more if there's a decent weapon for him to get).

As with any henchmen, I presume, we are responsible for feeding this poor sap, er, very helpful and willing addition to our group :eek: Will that cover a week of iron rations and a waterskin for him?

I'm not sure how finicky we're being about that sorta equipment thing.
Rations, Iron per week cost is 5 gp.
Waterskin cost is 15 sp
Mace, Footman's is 8 gp
Studded Leather Armor is 15 gp, but I'll let you have it for 10 gp if you trade in Ring's old but unused leather armor. If, that is, you want to get Ring another point of AC.

Ring is grateful for all that everyone has provided for him, and thanks you profusely! (Ring's equipment list in the RG still assumes the lesser expenditure of 3 gp by Raggs only. If the party chooses the more expensive option, please let me know.)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
So what does everyone say to the idea of each contributing 4 gp to the Cleric fun to allow your henchman to buy some good equipment? Raggs has already paid 3 gp, and I think Amaya had already agreed to pay something towards the total. Can I get everyone to agree to pay a total of 4gp, or should I adjust Ring's equipment downward?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
So what does everyone say to the idea of each contributing 4 gp to the Cleric fun to allow your henchman to buy some good equipment? Raggs has already paid 3 gp, and I think Amaya had already agreed to pay something towards the total. Can I get everyone to agree to pay a total of 4gp, or should I adjust Ring's equipment downward?

Raggs is totally on board to upgrade Ring's armor and get him a mace instead of club. He's happily pay for any lagging the other character do not wish to contribute...with a grin and smile as he notes, most proudly to Ring, that he has paid for these added bonuses to the young priest's equipment. (Wanna ingratiate himself and keep the cleric happy so the healing hands will trun his direction first ;) I'll deduct the additional gp (for 4) and if others don't want or can't contribute, let me know and I'll take out whatever beyond 4gp I have to.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases