Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Iono is still on level 1 so I can upgrade him to level 2 right ?
All I need is to remember how to do it ... it's been 18 years ago since my last AD&D session in high school.
A reminder ... someone ?

Iono, The Prestidigitator

Male Human Magic User
Lawful Neutral
Experience 0

Age 22
Height 1.80m
Weight 75 kg

Strength 10
(hit probability normal; damage adjustment none; weight allowance normal; open doors 1-2; bend bars/lift gates 2%)
Intelligence 15
(additional languages 4; Chance to know spells: 65%, Min # of spells/lvl 7; Max # of spells/lvl 11)
Wisdom 11
(magical attack adjustment None)
Dexterity 13
(reaction/attacking adjustment 0; defensive adjustment 0)
Constitution 12
(hit point adjustment 0; system shock survival 80%; resurrection survival 85%)
Charisma 10
(maximum number of henchmen 4; loyalty base +0%; reaction adjustment +0%)

Armor Class: 10
1) Hit Points: 4

2) Saves
Paralyzation, Poison, or Death Magic : 14
Petrification or Polymorph : 13
Rod, Staff, or Wand : 11
Breath Weapon : 15
Spell : 12

Languages: Alignment, common, Draconic, Gnome, Goblin
Secondary Skill: Arcana and Occult

Equipment:
Staff
Boots, soft
Robe, linen
Pouch, belt, small
Backpack
Quill (pen)
Scrollcase, bone
Candle, beeswax (5)
Flint and steel
Blanket, woolen

Wealth: 21 gold ; 7 silver ; 0 copper
Iono's Magical Tome (a.k.a Spell book)
1st level: Read Magic, Magic Missile, Shield, Identify

3) Prepared Spells: (1,0,0,0,0,0,0)

Magic Missile

The three things that would change are highlighted above:
1) d4 [no hit point adjustment]
2) saves: They remain the same 1st - 5th level, so no change.
3) spells per day: You now get two 1st level spells. I am guessing he needs to rest to memorize his new spell.

Otherwise, all else remains the same!

Leif

Adventurer
Strahd,

DeWar is almost correct -- No Character can access the full powers of a new level unti he/she completes a training period with a master of "name level" or more. I am allowing characters to gain new hit points as soon as they cross the XP threshold, however. And, Iono will also learn one new spell when he trains for his new level, but just what that spell will be will involve a random selection to some degree -- he will probably be allowed to choose between a few randomly rolled spells. Much of that will depend on his selection of a "master" to train him.

Leif

Adventurer
Therefore, DeWar, your advencdement of Simon was a bit pre-mature. The only thing he actually gains prior to training for his new level is the new hit points, which, truthfully, is most of what he gains, anyway.

ALL: There is an option in the rules to allow fighters, rangers, and paladins to add +1 to all attacks whenever their level number is even. This allows for a more even progression of the combat chart for fighters, etc. (every PC in the party except Iono) which is written to effectively allow them an increase of 2 every other level. Or we could go strictly by the combat charts. Feel free to discuss here in the OOC.

Scott DeWar

Might not get too much discussion as it is Christmas. I will be heading to the VA to visit the ICU folks to thank them for saving my life last year.

Leif

Adventurer
Might not get too much discussion as it is Christmas. I will be heading to the VA to visit the ICU folks to thank them for saving my life last year.
I'm in no big hurry. We have a week or more for the discussion process. ;) I just thought I'd solicit whatever input anyone in the group has on the issue.

Already had the newcyuhlar family X-mas dealy this morning. Now we're headed to the big Combined Family Fest at my adult stepdaughter's place. Should be a major butt-whupping good time!

Oh, and DeWar, tell 'em I said 'thanks,' too! It just wouldn't be the same around here without you! :)

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

I will have to tell them next visit. Too stinkin cold to ride a scooter out there with 19 deg F wind chill, and colder at riding speeds! My fingers were hurtin'!

Leif

Adventurer
I will have to tell them next visit. Too stinkin cold to ride a scooter out there with 19 deg F wind chill, and colder at riding speeds! My fingers were hurtin'!
Definitely a 'huddle by the fire and swig hot toddys' night. Are you getting this winter storm right now? They're saying we'll have 8-10 inches of snow by morning. But temps will be up in the mid-30's by tomorrow afternoon. You couldn't get me out the door right now without a credible, believable offer of some SERIOUS cash. And a sizeable advance payment.

Scott DeWar

Nope, It all went too far south. I can see you are getting a really good snow! Merry Christmas!! All we are getting is cold. I
am eating my notorious Curried veggie and meat du jour that I have been cooking all day. Needs more meat. Stores are closed. Bah. Humbug.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases