Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
maybe list it as:
ring: 20 gp total
everyone else: 180 gp ea
special: raggs stole the 5000 gp opal from the party

Leif

Adventurer
I do hope that's an eggageration, DeWar. Raggs didn't steal that much, and henchmen customarily receive a half-share.

Nice loot. We don't need to cash everything now. Where are we going to put all the coins?
I doubt there is an Orc Banker around here. Leave it as Jewels for now, we'll cash them when we'll have enough to level up.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Henchmen get a half share?!? Bloody hell.

Ok...so then...

cp= 55 + 1269 = 1,324 /5 = 264.8
sp= 48 + 888 = 936 /5 = 187.2
gp= 24 + 360 = 384 /5 = 76.8

1/2 a share is then (dropping decimals): 134 cp, 93 sp, 38 gp.

Ring gets 134 cp, 93 sp, 38 gp.

The rest of us get:
cp= 55 + 1269 = 1,324 /5 = 264.8 + 1/2 share (Ring didn't get) = 398(.8) cp each
sp= 48 + 888 = 936 /5 = 187.2 + 1/2 share = 280(.2) sp each
gp= 24 + 360 = 384 /5 = 76.8 + 1/2 share = 114(.8) gp each

Then there is the 110 gp value earrings with diamond chips and 1,000 gp value opal earrings. What we do/how we divide that up is up for discussion/debate.

Strahd has a great point that finding jeweler or moneylender who would be capable of cashing these in is unlikely...and it is much easier to carry gems than coins. But that's up to Leif to say.

If my math is right (and someone can confirm it for me) then I'll be adding those totals to Raggs' sheet.

--SD

Leif

Adventurer
Henchmen get a half share?!? Bloody hell.

Ok...so then...

cp= 55 + 1269 = 1,324 /5 = 264.8
sp= 48 + 888 = 936 /5 = 187.2
gp= 24 + 360 = 384 /5 = 76.8

1/2 a share is then (dropping decimals): 134 cp, 93 sp, 38 gp.

Ring gets 134 cp, 93 sp, 38 gp.

The rest of us get:
cp= 55 + 1269 = 1,324 /5 = 264.8 + 1/2 share (Ring didn't get) = 398(.8) cp each
sp= 48 + 888 = 936 /5 = 187.2 + 1/2 share = 280(.2) sp each
gp= 24 + 360 = 384 /5 = 76.8 + 1/2 share = 114(.8) gp each

Then there is the 110 gp value earrings with diamond chips and 1,000 gp value opal earrings. What we do/how we divide that up is up for discussion/debate.

Strahd has a great point that finding jeweler or moneylender who would be capable of cashing these in is unlikely...and it is much easier to carry gems than coins. But that's up to Leif to say.

If my math is right (and someone can confirm it for me) then I'll be adding those totals to Raggs' sheet.

--SD

Your math here is questionable at best , sd. You might find it easier to do it this way: Each PC should get 2 shares and NPCs get 1, so divide the total by 9 shares. [Just a suggestion.]

if a level costs 1000 gp per previous level, then we are not even close, are we?
Book 'training cost' is hereby declared to be negotiable.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Your math here is questionable at best , sd.

Howso? Divide by 5 of us and then put the half of a share that isn't given to Ring back in. Where's the question? But still, half a share!?! Must a been a house rule but I'd swear BitD we threw them 10%, paid for food and lodging and the occasional nice (100-300 or so gp value) piece of jewelry or gemstones as a bonus. Never had any loyalty issues. Of course, we were teenagers and that simply might have been outside of the interest or ability of our DM of the time to worry about such things...but still, HALF a share!!!

If this whole "treasure-hunting adventurer" thing doesn't work out, Raggs is gonna pimp himself out as a henchman! Prolly a gigilo too, but DEFinitely a henchman!

You might find it easier to do it this way: Each PC should get 2 shares and NPCs get 1, so divide the total by 9 shares. [Just a suggestion.]

Fair enough. Let's do it like that...

cp= 1,324 /9 = 148
sp= 936 /9 = 104
gp= 384 /9 = 42.666...

So that's [above] Ring's share.

And we're all y x 2=
296 cp
208 sp
85.332 gp

huh. :confused: It does work out different. Weird. I never got math.

PS: As amusing as it must be for you all to watch my thrashing about in the mire with the hydra of mathematics...if one of my esteemed fellow players is, I dunno, a physicist or, perhaps, an engineer or accountant...architect...or, say, a math teacher, they can feel free to take up the reigns with this stuff. No really! I won't mind. :p

Happy Saturday all.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ok, I keep looking at these totals and I see per character:

296 cp
208 sp
85.332 gp

which equals roughly 107 gp. Simon only shows 5 on hand and that is no where enough to get the training needed, and no where near the amounts I see others spending. Is there other cash caches I am unaware of?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Oh, H-E Double Hockey Sticks! I've let this thing totally get away from me. Iono seems to have plenty of money, so everyone can just have money equal to his stash, except Raggs, who also has the little bit of ill-gotten loot that he snarfed in addition to that. I didn't want you guys and girl to be destitute, but I didn't want you swimming in a river of gold, either. Not much chance of that is there? You should have enough to buy some discounted training plus a couple hundred gold or so to buy some more equipment and so forth, but you haven't hit the big time yet.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases