Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
AD&D DMG Methods for Character Generation

There are 4 methods given in the DMG on page 11:

1. 4d6 are rolled and the lowest die is dropped. Repeat six times and arrange the scores in the order that suits you.

2. Roll 3D6 12 times, keep the highest 6 and arrange to suit.

3. Roll 3d6 six times for EACH ABILITY IN ORDER, strength, intelligence, wisdom, dexterity, constitution, charisma. Retain the highest score rolled in each set of six for each ability score.

4. Roll 3d6 once for each score, in order. The proper order is given in method 3 above. Generate 12 sets of ability scores in this way, and then choose the set that appeals to you the most.

Probably method 1 is best, or perhaps method 2. Whichever method is chosen, please use the ENWorld dice roller to generate scores in this thread, and just do so once. If an untenable character is generated, just say so, and we'll figure something out then.

Rolling ability points.
dropping the lower die will result with the following:

Assigning them for a magic user:
Str: 10
Int: 15
Wis: 11
Dex: 13
Con: 12
Cha: 10

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
So we have a Fighter / Thief and a Magic-User thus far. Is that correct? Sounds like we could use a Ranger or possibly Fighter. Possibly Monk if I can get past how completely awful Monks are until about 8th level.

Leif

Adventurer
So we have a Fighter / Thief and a Magic-User thus far. Is that correct? Sounds like we could use a Ranger or possibly Fighter. Possibly Monk if I can get past how completely awful Monks are until about 8th level.
If Vladamir63 ever gets her issues sorted out, and I hope that she will soon, she'll likely be playing a fighter. She's already mentioned that she wants to be a kind of "Zena Warrior Princess" type. hehe Not sure how that'll affect your decision, but there it is anyway.

Leif

Adventurer
Hi Leif,
Do you have a place for another player? which edition of the game you will use? i have the three AD&D 2nd core books (not the ones with the black cover) and would like to actually play the game.i know the rules but never got in to a game before. i would like to play with a wizard or Thief if these classes are available (and no one else already choose them).
[MENTION=6670510]wolfattack[/MENTION], if you can come up with the first edition rules for AD&D (that is a 1E AD&D Players Handbook, or a reasonable facsimile thereof), and they can probably be found on the web, then we may have a spot for you in this game, after all.

wolfattack

First Post
Hi Leif,
unfortunately i only have the 2nd books. i know i could find it in the web,but i hate reading books in front of a PC. i'm a materialist guy. :p
I plan to buy in the future the three books if i find them with a reasonable price in Amazon or somewhere else though.
Wish you good luck with your game. :)

Leif

Adventurer
Hi Leif,
unfortunately i only have the 2nd books. i know i could find it in the web,but i hate reading books in front of a PC. i'm a materialist guy. :p
I plan to buy in the future the three books if i find them with a reasonable price in Amazon or somewhere else though.
Wish you good luck with your game. :)
All you need is the Players Handbook. There are always a few of them for sale on ebay. Don't search 'first edition Players Handbook', just search 'Players Handbook' and you're bound to find a few there. I totally understand about not wanting to read books on the computer -- I feel exactly the same way!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases