Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Very well, steeldragons.

I understand that our Vladamir63 has even taken her difficulties to Morrus, but I don't think the problem has been solved yet. We'll see what happens.

Leif,

I fail to find the saving throw scores on the PHB. could it be on the DMG ?

Another thing, It's been ages since I played AD&D - 20 years I guess. Could it be that a magic user can cast only 1 spell in level 1 according to the magic user table in the PHB ?

Insight

Adventurer
Leif,

Another thing, It's been ages since I played AD&D - 20 years I guess. Could it be that a magic user can cast only 1 spell in level 1 according to the magic user table in the PHB ?

Saving throws and attack tables are in the DMG.

Leif

Adventurer
Leif,

Strahd, Yes, Insight is correct -- the Saving Throw table is in the DM Guide on page 79. It's also on the back of the DM Screens.

And yes, a first level magic-user is only permitted one spell per day ordinarily. [AS IT SHOULD BE DANGGIT!! :D :p ]

Last edited:

Lynda Lawless

First Post
Amaya Kam, 1/2 Elf Fighter

Amaya Kam
Race: half-elf
Class: Fighter
Sec. Skl.: Trader, weapons. and contraband

XP:
Amt for L2: 2001

Align.: C/N
S 17 + 1
I 11.
W 12 -1(age)=11.
D 14
C 16 +1(age)=17 + 3
Ch 08

HP: 13
AC: 4
120 gp

Weapon Prof.:
Bastard sword
Dagger
Longsword
Light crossbow

Chain mail 75 gp
Small wooden shield 1 gp
Bastards sword 25 gp
High soft boots 1 gp
backpack 2 gp
4 daggers 8 gp
Cloak 5 sp
hat 7 sp
Large belt pouch 1 gp

PP
GP 6
EP
SP 8
CP

HT: 5'4"
WT: 95 #

CP

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Where are people getting these "secondary skills" from? I don't see it in the PHB, so I'm assuming this is in the DMG somewhere. Please advise.

Insight

Adventurer
Simon the Good, Half-Elf Ranger, is now posted to the RG.

I'm wondering about the party composition, mostly because Rangers are forced to be good-aligned. My character concept is that Simon has been wronged by evil humanoids (especially giants) and wants revenge against them. Is that enough to fit him into a party of questionable morals? One possibility is that Simon sees the others as potential allies that he will need once he finds giants to stalk and kill. His "good" alignment reflects his ultimate goal of ridding the world of these evil giants (and their allies).

I just realized that a Ranger might not be all that useful if we are playing a mostly urban adventure. Leif, can you give me some direction here? I am happy to consider something more suitable.

Leif

Adventurer
Where are people getting these "secondary skills" from? I don't see it in the PHB, so I'm assuming this is in the DMG somewhere. Please advise.
The Secondary Skills Table is on p. 12 of the AD&D DMG. You may roll % or just choose, at your descretion.
Simon the Good, Half-Elf Ranger, is now posted to the RG.

I'm wondering about the party composition, mostly because Rangers are forced to be good-aligned. My character concept is that Simon has been wronged by evil humanoids (especially giants) and wants revenge against them. Is that enough to fit him into a party of questionable morals? One possibility is that Simon sees the others as potential allies that he will need once he finds giants to stalk and kill. His "good" alignment reflects his ultimate goal of ridding the world of these evil giants (and their allies).

I just realized that a Ranger might not be all that useful if we are playing a mostly urban adventure. Leif, can you give me some direction here? I am happy to consider something more suitable.
The campaign and its adventures may or may not be urban. In fact, I kninda doubt it, since we have the whole world of Greyhawk to explore, and this is a very fun setting. It just so happens that we also have the vibrant urban setting of the City State of the Invincible Overlord masquerading as the City of Briarwood in the Hold of the Sea Princes.

Now, as to the question of alignment, you are setting yourself an admirable but formidable task here! It can be done as you say, but I would feel better about your chances if the Ranger was either very Chaotic in his goodness or Neutral/Good right on the border with True Neutral on the alignment graph. It would also help if he has an astounding ability to turn a blind eye to the actions of his compatriots, or else feels some compulsion to go behind them "righting the wrongs" that they leave in their wake. Those are just two possibilities that occur to me that might justify his presence in the group, along with your already stated revenge motive. I'll be very interested to watch what's sure to be some outstanding roleplay on your part in this game. I wonder whether your ranger might be trying to do some good deeds to counteract the evil of his associates, while hoping to do so without being discovered by them, as this would spoil his ruse of being evil himself.

[sblock=Insight]One thing I would suggest is dropping the appelation "the Good" at least as far as the rest of the party is concerned. Simon the Good equates to Simon le Bon in French, so I'm wondering if Simon has a band named after an angel in a Jane Fonda movie? :D[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases