Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
All four PCs have been posted to the RG! I'm not sure whether they're all totally finished yet or not, but they're all there and look basically ready.

We can start the IC anytime now, I guess?

Insight

Adventurer
The Secondary Skills Table is on p. 12 of the AD&D DMG. You may roll % or just choose, at your descretion.

Trapper/furrier, I CHOOSE YOU!

Now, as to the question of alignment, you are setting yourself an admirable but formidable task here! It can be done as you say, but I would feel better about your chances if the Ranger was either very Chaotic in his goodness or Neutral/Good right on the border with True Neutral on the alignment graph. It would also help if he has an astounding ability to turn a blind eye to the actions of his compatriots, or else feels some compulsion to go behind them "righting the wrongs" that they leave in their wake. Those are just two possibilities that occur to me that might justify his presence in the group, along with your already stated revenge motive. I'll be very interested to watch what's sure to be some outstanding roleplay on your part in this game. I wonder whether your ranger might be trying to do some good deeds to counteract the evil of his associates, while hoping to do so without being discovered by them, as this would spoil his ruse of being evil himself.

I think what I'm going to go with is that Simon is so singularly focused on getting whatever measure of revenge he can that he overlooks stuff that doesn't pertain to his mission. He's not so much an "ethicist" as a "means to an end" sorta guy. The "good" part of his alignment refers to his ultimate goal, which is to remove evil humanoids and giants from the world. The "chaotic" part is basically his very loose morals in whatever means are required to get that done.

That said, I am kind of looking at Simon as a sort of "bounty hunter" character, if that sort of ethos makes sense in this setting.

Leif

Adventurer
Okay! Let me decide where I'm going to put you guys and we'll get started!

What I'm seeing is that there will be some inter-party tension between Iono and Simon, and that could be a very good thing. Raggs and Amaya strike me as very easy-going types who might follow whomever, but Iono and Simon have definite "built=in" "agendas". I'm inclined to give the edge to Simon at first, but that may not last....

I'm interested to see what nefarious plans Iono comes up with!

Last edited:

Is there a SRD for the AD&D 1e or an amatur PDF version of the rules ?
I need the DMG to complete my character.

EDIT: found the OSRIC webpage

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Is there a SRD for the AD&D 1e or an amatur PDF version of the rules ?
I need the DMG to complete my character
Believe it or not, there IS, sorta. It's not TSR's book, but it's awfully close in almost every respect that I've checked out so far. Here's the link:

OSRIC

OSRIC stands for Old School Reference and Index Compilation. It's available by following the link above and snagging a small download.

I thought you folks agreed on an evil character’s campaign and that is why I picked up that evil dude. So to avoid any conflict with Simon, I will begin with a Raistlin type of character who hangs on the fence of Neutrality for now.

Leif, check up my character and comment as necessary if I need any bugs to be fixed or added to his sheet.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases