Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

Insight

Adventurer
I thought you folks agreed on an evil character’s campaign and that is why I picked up that evil dude. So to avoid any conflict with Simon, I will begin with a Raistlin type of character who hangs on the fence of Neutrality for now.

Leif, check up my character and comment as necessary if I need any bugs to be fixed or added to his sheet.

Yeah, blame me to screwing that up :p

I decided that a Ranger would be a logical addition, abilities wise, and only later realized that AD&D Rangers had to be good-aligned. In any event, I think it affords us some interesting roleplay possibilities.

Leif

Adventurer
I thought you folks agreed on an evil character’s campaign and that is why I picked up that evil dude. So to avoid any conflict with Simon, I will begin with a Raistlin type of character who hangs on the fence of Neutrality for now.

Leif, check up my character and comment as necessary if I need any bugs to be fixed or added to his sheet.
Yeah, I thought so, too! But you were the only one who showed any fortitude, Strahd -- way to bust out there with the L/E! Everybody else wimped with C/N, except for Insight, who just isn't playing along at all! J/K!! ;)

Seriously, Strahd, I have no problem with you remaining L/E. It will make Insight's life that much more difficult as he has to go behind the party and 'right' all the 'wrongs' that you leave in your wake! hehehe But if you want to be on the neutral side of the borderline that's ok, too. I do encourage you to play L/N if possible, because all of these chaotic folks need somebody with some direction in life to show them how it's done!
Yeah, blame me to screwing that up :p

I decided that a Ranger would be a logical addition, abilities wise, and only later realized that AD&D Rangers had to be good-aligned. In any event, I think it affords us some interesting roleplay possibilities.
Oh, we would blame you, if there was any blame to be distributed. ;) Yeah, the "good ranger" thing is something that I really wish they had retained in the game. But, oh, well. I agree that it affords many RP opportunities, whether the party has the wicked M-U principal, or whether the bunch is a primarily C/N 'herd of cats.'

I'm not looking to be a tyrant enforcing alignments and stuff. We can think of alignment as being a character's default behavior when more weighty considerations aren't an issue. There's no reason why Simon should know the alignment of anyone else in the group. He could easily attribute any evil tendencies to a "selfish neutral." He is, remember, at least partially blinded by his burning need for revenge, and that may make him overlook more such tendencies than he ordinarily would do.

Leif

Adventurer
I figure that most all you guys have your awn copies of the AD&D books from wayyy back, like I do, but if you get to wanting additional copies for any reason, don't feel like you have to pay top dollar for Wizards' brand new reprints: The old versions are all avaialble for much lower prices on ebay!

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Sorry to bring this up so late in the ongoing stuff...

But who knows whom?

I've been, kinda winging it and guessing from what others have written.

Raggs and Iono know each other, that's clear. (How and for how long, we can certainly work out at a later time. If Iono is/remains evil, I am guessing that Ragg's is a bit too self-centered to have noticed...and/or doesn't really care seeing as they are in the Pomarj having drinks in an orcish establishment.)

I am guessing that Raggs and Iono know/have met Simon also? That he was, basically, hanging with us before he got up to intercede on Amaya's behalf?

But we (Raggs, Iono and Simon) are just meeting Amaya for the first time.

Do I have all of that correct? I don't want to throw off the story or insult anyone else's PC if they are assuming something different.

Just wonderin'...so that we might move things along and get this curious show on the road...not that I'm not having fun fleshing out Raggs in a social setting. :p
--SD

Lynda Lawless

First Post
oops!

My mistake....I didn't think of that when I wrote my response....Thank you for bringing it to my attention and setting things on a smoother path! Appreciate the guidance!

Leif

Adventurer
BTW, I changed my character to be LN - and in the course of adventure I will decide if he is directed to the N-evil side or the N-good side.
Rats! I was kinda looking forward to having a L/E dude in the group! :) Oh, well, no matter. Do what makes you happy, Strahd. If you're wavering that much between the good side and the evil side, then it sounds like L/N is where you need to stay, either way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases