Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [OOC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Neither here nor there, [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], but I was re-reading my RG entry to add the XP in (Thank you for that, very much :) ) and I was wondering if I could "retcon" a few coppers or silvers out to give Raggs a pack of playing cards and a pipe (with or without smokables, your call) to have on his person/in his pack?

Such things don't, of course, appear in the PHB equipment list and are unlikely to come up in play, but just nice props (and appropriate) for Raggs to have just in case. 3 coppers, maybe? 5? A silver and 5 coppers? I really have no idea.

Leif

Adventurer
Neither here nor there, [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], but I was re-reading my RG entry to add the XP in (Thank you for that, very much :) ) and I was wondering if I could "retcon" a few coppers or silvers out to give Raggs a pack of playing cards and a pipe (with or without smokables, your call) to have on his person/in his pack?

Such things don't, of course, appear in the PHB equipment list and are unlikely to come up in play, but just nice props (and appropriate) for Raggs to have just in case. 3 coppers, maybe? 5? A silver and 5 coppers? I really have no idea.
Ok, sounds good. Cards=1 copper piece. Decent pipe=1 silver piece. Pouch of good tobacco= 7 copper pieces.

Leif

Adventurer
Leif,

I noticed that you did not give Simon his 10% xp bonus. Is there a reason for this, or merely an oversight?
Simon didn't quite qualify for the bonus as I read his sheet. Rangers must have Str, Int, AND Wis each >15 to qualify for the bonus. His Int and Wis are equal to 15 not greater than 15.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
But, you know, Insight, that's pretty arbitrary, and it's only 10%. Are we strictly playing by the rules as written here, or do we have some "wiggle room?" Anyone???

And, if we are strictly going with the R.A.W., Insight, if you wish to rearrange some scores now that you know that 15 doesn't quite qualify for the bonus X.P., I certainly understand and will readily permit this.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
UGH. Gygax's arbitrary language. Yes, I can see what you're saying now. When I see numbers, I assume those are the minimums, not a number below the minimums. I guess I should read closer.

Unfortunately, I have no desire to change my ability scores. More ridiculousness that I have to endure, unfortunately. 10% is not likely to make much of a difference, anyway.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
But, you know, Insight, that's pretty arbitrary, and it's only 10%. Are we strictly playing by the rules as written here, or do we have some "wiggle room?" Anyone???

And, if we are strictly going with the R.A.W., Insight, if you wish to rearrange some scores now that you know that 15 doesn't quite qualify for the bonus X.P., I certainly understand and will readily permit this.

Eh. I say wiggle.

I'm sure the book says "greater than 15" but I think, in all of our groups/games in all of my days, we pretty much have always (that I can recall) considered that "15 and higher" instead of "higher than 15".

Your call, of course. Personally, I say give it to him, myself (without needing to rearrange abilities).

Leif

Adventurer
Couple of things:

1. Insight - I have no problem giving you the 10% bonus -- I'll get that done.

2. Steeldragons - You don't have to keep track of X.P. since I'm doing it for everyone in Post #2 of the R.G.

Leif

Adventurer
Not exactly, but you said you were putting it on Raggs' sheet, which is kinda the same thing, isn't it?

Oh, and I'm giving Iono +10% X.P. too.

Last edited:

Remove ads