"Order of the Stick" Kickstarter shatters records, about to top $500K

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I also think Rich deserves front page goodness. He brings me back here time and again to read the comment and speculation threads. With freaking stick figures!
-blarg

messy

Explorer
For those of you not aware, The Order of the Stick, the best webcomic that puts stick figures in a D&D inspired world, has a kickstarter project going. The general progress of it is amazing! From the looks of it, The Giant will be able to reprint every OOTS book in the library and then some!

that's absolutely amazing. :eek:

am i the only one not getting images on that page?

Brakkart

First Post
The images work fine for me, it's kind of fun seeing the mini-comic that comes as part of each new graph, esp since a couple times Rich has posted a new graph we've actually been off the top of the previous one. Closing in on the half a million mark now!

Tharian

First Post
Thanks for pointing this out. I hadn't heard of it. There was only one book I was missing so I'm going for that level. I was really amazed by how many of the individual pledge selections were already sold out including all of the top-tier pledge selections.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is there any chance of this making it's way onto the EN World front page? I mean as news of the gaming community goes, this is a pretty impressive achievement. As for hitting the $1 million mark, I wouldn't rule it out and sure would be nice to do it, cos that would take this to the number 1 spot for the most funded project in Kickstarter's history!

Can't do it myself as I'm just off to Warwick Castle for a medieval banquet for a friend's 40th birthday. But if [MENTION=2]Piratecat[/MENTION] or someone wants to post it (in text sixe = 3) on the front page, go for it. Just post a new thread in the news forum; needs an admin, I think. Try to catch typos before posting, as it pushes out to the mobile apps pretty quickly sometimes and edits don't get updated on them.

catsclaw227

First Post
I've gotten in on this at the $45 level. I'm only missing War and XPs and it has been out of print for a while.

I am so stoked about it. It looks like, not only will I get the book I am missing, but I will also get a magnet, the three PDF character stories chosen by the super-pledgers, the Paladin scar PDF, the Sir Francois and the Dragon PDF, stickers, hit point pad, some cool hi-res wallpapers, and now a coloring book for my Daughter. :)

What else can he do? IMHO, this thing is on a trajectory to hit 650K-700K, because it should taper off near the end. I am having a hard time believing that it can keep up this pace, but if it does, it could hit 900,000. To hit 1M, there would need to be a slight up-tick and he may only get minimal gains (relatively speaking) this Super Bowl Sunday.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
$463,000, and the average amount that people are giving has actually gone UP in the past few days -- from $66 a person when I checked last week ($100K ago) to $71.50 a person now. Remarkable. Unless it tails off (and I've got to think it will), it'll break $900K.

Russ, I'll put it on the front page late tonight, so that it gets seen tomorrow morning when folks are back at work.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases