"Order of the Stick" Kickstarter shatters records, about to top $500K

Brakkart

First Post
Snips can be taken as the (add any 1 book for $30 option) on the $24, $25 and $32 pledge reward levels as Rich mentioned in a comment a few days back after a few people had emailed him about it.

Brakkart

First Post
Also woot, mystery prize #4 that we earned from passing the $500k mark is going to be a 15 page pdf spoof for Romeo & Juliet as detailed in Update 15 posted a few mins ago:

Haleo & Julelan - A Classic Romance Ruined

Elan brings us the latest StickTales adventure in the tradition of last year's Greenhilt, Prince of Denmark: The story of Haleo, heir to the roguish House of Starshine, as she falls in love with the fair and delicate Julelan. But she's shocked to learn that her new lover is the son of her father's sworn enemies, the power-hungry House of Tarquin! Will their love be doomed? Probably. But more importantly, will we milk 15 pages of jokes out of it first? Yes. Yes, we will.

P.P.S. Every pledge that's getting the other PDFs will get this one, too, so everyone over $10. This will definitely be the last PDF story added to the pledge drive, as I've already probably bitten off more work than I can chew.

Edit: And I just noticed I've hit post #666. Muahahahhahah!

stevelabny

Explorer
Stupid question.

The $94 level has pick 2+1 and then the option to add more for $30 or $16 up to 6.

If I want 6 books ( 1 of each ) do I pledge 94 or do i pledge 170?

The Order of The Stick Kickstarter Thread

For those of you not aware, The Order of the Stick, the best webcomic that puts stick figures in a D&D inspired world, has a kickstarter project going. The general progress of it is amazing! From the looks of it, The Giant will be able to reprint every OOTS book in the library and then some!

wedgeski

Adventurer
Awesome, thanks for pointing this out. I only ever read the comic by following links from ENW so I didn't even know this was going on!

Brakkart

First Post
Yeah I've been following this since day 2 and it's nothing short of awe-inspiring. From having an initial aim of reprinting the third volume (War & XP's) with a fundraising goal of $57.750 for a minimum size print run, the fund now stands at a staggering $413,000+ at the time of writing, enough for Rich Burlew to be able to put the entire OOTS collection (all 4 compilations + the 2 print-only prequel books) back into print.

For just a $10 contribution you get a Roy fridge magnet, and 7 pdf mini-stories of 8-12 pages or so each (1 initial one, 3 more from the fund hitting bonus story goals along the way and 3 from the $1250 pledge rewards all being bought). Pretty amazing value.

And it still has 18 days to go!!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
It's astounding. I'm hoping that he somehow hits $1M, although I don't think that's possible. But look at the trajectory on those graphs!

Brakkart

First Post
Is there any chance of this making it's way onto the EN World front page? I mean as news of the gaming community goes, this is a pretty impressive achievement. As for hitting the $1 million mark, I wouldn't rule it out and sure would be nice to do it, cos that would take this to the number 1 spot for the most funded project in Kickstarter's history!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases