"Order of the Stick" Kickstarter shatters records, about to top $500K

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
News item posted -- thanks, [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]. He's about $3K from hitting the 6th largest Kickstarter of all time, and should reach $500K by this evening.

Brakkart

First Post
Good to see it on the front page and the total's been going up by about $3k an hour for the past few hours. Rich said he plans to post an update at about 6pm EST, so at this rate we should go off the top of the graph by then as we're at $484,755 right now.

catsclaw227

First Post
Yea, I was guessing that by the end of the day it would break the 500K mark. I assume at 12:03PM EST that the "Number of days to go" will drop to 14, meaning we are 25 min away from 17 total days running. It's 485K right now, so that means about $28,530 per day average.

Brakkart

First Post
New update has gone up with details on the Colouring Book that's now been added to the list of freebies to all those pledged to get an art print or book or above, and there's options too for those just wanting the additional items if you have all the books already.

$496,213 right now, less than $4k to go till Mystery Prize #4 (though we will have to wait until tomorrow to find out what it's gonna be).

Over the $500k mark now, which is beyond impressive for a comic book of any kind IMO.

Even at the bottom end the rewards are super good. Here is what the lowest pledge of $10 will get you:

- 1 PDF copy of How the Paladin Got His Scar
- 1 PDF copy of Dim Sun
- 1 PDF copy of Julio Scoundrél
- 1 PDF copy of Sir Francois & Elan
- 3 PDFs of different character short stories
- 1 Roy Greenhilt fridge magnet
- 10 OOTS wallpapers for all sorts of monitor styles

I don't know about you, but to me that's pretty damn good value for $10. I think the PDF's clock in at 60+ pages all up.

I have yet to pledge (I already own all the books) but will do so before it ends. I'm thinking I will go for the $32 pledge (plus $10 international postage), which gets me all of the above plus:

- 2 sets of OotS stickers
- 2 OotS Hit Point notepads
- 2 OotS Colouring books
- Second Roy Greenhilt fridge magnet

Just seeing my 2 and 4 year old colouring in a OOTS colouring book will be worth the price alone! :D

Olaf the Stout

I haven't got the Dragon mag compilation book (Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales) so I went for the 24 dollar one and added the book. Great deal :)

catsclaw227

First Post
The numbers just keep growing! Over 515K right now.

I hope all these Kickstarter Updates Rich has to do won't slow down production on the strip itself. :)

Remove ads