GLEE #56: The Spanish Teacher

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Ricky Martin guest stars in tonight's episode. Apparently most of the songs in tonight's episode will be in Spanish. Sadly, they don't do "She Bangs". We also finally meet Rachel's dads, one of whom will be played by Jeff Goldbloom.

The playlist:

Ricky Martin sings "Sexy and I Know It", originally performed by LMFAO

Mr. Shu sings "A Little Less Conversation", originally performed by Elvis Presley

Ricky and Santana sing "La Isla Bonita", originally performed by Madonna

Sam and the other boys do a mashup of "Bamboleo", originally performed by the Gipsy Kings, and "Hero", originally performed by Enrique Iglesias

Mercedes sings "Don't Wanna Lose You" originally performed by Gloria Estefan (who coincidentally will also guest star in an upcoming episode)

Mr. Shu sings "La Cucaracha"

Fast Learner

First Post
We also finally meet Rachel's dads, one of whom will be played by Jeff Goldbloom.
Was I not paying attention at the time or did this not happen?

Ricky and Santana sing "La Isla Bonita", originally performed by Madonna
This was a hot number, and Santana never looked better.

Sam and the other boys do a mashup of "Bamboleo", originally performed by the Gipsy Kings, and "Hero", originally performed by Enrique Iglesias
I thought this was another solid number, a surprisingly good mashup due to the way it sort of jumped back and forth between them, not as smoothly as many mashups but in a good way.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I didn't see Rachel's dads, either.

I... was not happy with the episode. For one thing, it violated continuity. I'm pretty sure n the past they'd established that Mr. Shu spoke Spanish quite well.

Perhaps more importantly, it reinforced the stereotype that teachers today aren't competent to teach their subjects. Grrr.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases