[LPF] Kostry Kopec

Satin Knights

First Post
"Therre arre sshadowss in itss mouth I can esscape thrrough."

Pointing to the ones laid out on the benches, "And who are these unfortunate souls? Normally friendly townfolk or mysterious strangers who hide from the sun?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien looks curiously at the panther and moves closer to skirch him behind the ears.

She wonders aloud, "Does Kitty have some powers that we don't know about? Sounds like he can walk the shadows."

Straightening back up, the archer adjusts her armor a bit. There was a bit of chaffing on her left breast that was annoying and she doesn't want that disrupting her concentration when it comes to shooting arrows.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 10/10 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
Pointing to the ones laid out on the benches, "And who are these unfortunate souls? Normally friendly townfolk or mysterious strangers who hide from the sun?"

"Bit of both, sadly," Rylidak says. "Two homeless thugs we know to make their homes 'round here. Probably picked the wrong alley to crash in last night. Then, one of our own." She nods to the Crows, and they pull back the sheets covering the corpses, revealing the grim remains of the early morning's attack:

The first body has been all but literally flattened in at the chest and face. The second lies at an unnatural angle that suggests that at least one of his many injuries was having his spine snapped in two. The lower jaw appears to be missing from this man.

The third body, as Rylidak said, wears the colors you've come to associate with the Crows. While the first two bodies are in a greusome state, the third has clearly suffered even worse. His feet look wrong; it only takes a moment for you to realize it's because he's been twisted all the way around at the waist; he looks as if he were wrung like a knotted rag. The friction of removing his covering also knocked his arm off the bench, and as it falls it flops like tentacle; whatever bones were there have clearly been pulverized. His chain shirt and sword are twisted like the rest of his body—whatever did this to the man was incredibly strong. Most of the poor soul's face is gone in a bloody mess.

"We think our man may have been the one that this ... whatever it was ... used to paint the ... glyph, I suppose you'd call it, on the wall opposite Marshan's house down the alley." Rylidak waves quickly for the men to re-cover the bodies, though she makes no move to resist anyone who decides to once again pull the sheets back.

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion's stomache, after dealing with the undead and the swarms, was strong enough for the revelation of the bodies. However, Anaerion still flinched at the sight of the mangled bodies.

Thankfully, Anaerion was able to quickly recover himself and explain to Tyrian "I am guessing the kitty will be invisible more so than walking the shadows. However, if he can move through the shadows, I would be very interested in how that happens."

The disembodied voice of the party continues with "Although, I am technically invisible, so he has a long way to go. But, did you know that shadows can sap your strength if your not careful? You never know what is going to pop out at you!"

Looking back at the half orc Anaerion inquires "You mentioned a glyph on the wall. Is it anything you have seen before? If I have a look at it, I might be able to recall something about it."

jkason

First Post
Rylidak shows some confusion at the disembodied voice, but shrugs it off; It's been that kind of day. To Anaerion's question, she shakes her head.

"Some kind of spiral-shaped something or other, but nothing I recognize, at least," she says.

"As for taking a look, be my guest," she says, pointing to the roped off alley, down which the remains of Marshan's home, and the glyph, presumably lie.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien has seen enough and grits her teeth to keep from retching at the sight of the mangled body.

"Ulp. Ah, I am glad to be an archer so I don't have to get close to whatever did that."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 10/10 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

Satin Knights

First Post
"I keepss my ssecrretss quiet", grinning at the girl.

"We will get to the glyph in a bit." Kalgor goes over to the bodies for a second look. Casting Detect Magic, he gives each body a thorough look over. Picking up the twisted blade, he examines the material and its strength. He also looks for traces of blood on the blade. Holding it low, "Sniff." Lifting the sheets for better access for the cat, "Them too." Conferring telepathically, "Nothing other than human blood?" "_____."
[sblock=Suspicions]Looking for something other than human blood if it grabbed and crushed a long blade with the man. Expecting to find none. Take 20 Perceptions = 28, 30 vs human and 34. Gragnor doesn't have scent, but still a better nose than an aasmimar. [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=Gragnor / Kalgor]Neither the ranger nor his eidolon can find anything non-human in the blood of the mangled corpses, even on the weapon blade. Either the creature suffered no harm from the edge, or it doesn't bleed.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"It didn't bleed. So, we either have invisible elementals, invisible constructs or force spells higher than I can cast at work here." (failed to identify)

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk frowns slightly, not being able to add too much to the investigation. As usual, he turns to his "mentors" to see if they can explain anything the party has heard thus far.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases