[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jkason

First Post
The ghoul hisses as Anaerion's protective aura flashes into place, holding up his clawed hands as if to avoid looking at the effect.

Meanwhile, Kanli looks calmly about as if just now noticing none of his comrades are nearby. He tilts his head and frowns at the sight of the ghoul, then strides forward evenly.

"The Granite Hierophant allies with the Seventeenth Circle so the frogs might teach him how to keep his skin wet and slimy!" he says, pointing to the grease patch Anaerion has summoned. He looks back up to the undead and frowns. "The earth is greedy and does not like things that unbury themselves."

The half-orc's hand glows, and he reaches out for the undead. Reaches further than he has any right to, as the Mad Prophet's limb stretches unnaturally. As with the protective field on the eidolon, however, the glowing hand creates an obvious, panicked aversion in the ghoul, who dodges the thrashing, whip-like limb.

Despite the eidolon's new protection, the ghoul turns on him with a frothing anger. "Stupid cat, I see your flank," he says. Indeed, the effort required to keep to his feet has left Gragnor less agile than normal, and the ghoul takes deadly advantage. Gragnor manages to avoid a slashing claw, but the maneuver sends him directly into the maw of the ghoul. His razor teeth close around the cat's neck even as his other claw opens up the eidolon's belly.

Gragnor lets out a groan as the ghoul releases his grip, and falls to the ground, his blood mixing with the greasy sheen of the floor.

Give it to me, give it to me, give it to me!" the ghoul screeches, turning to Kalgor. Blood sprays across the air from his mouth as he does so. "Or I'll eat all of you, no matter how bad your living flesh tastes!"

[sblock=ooc]NPC'd Kanli with what I hope is a relatively safe move.

Actions:

Kanli: Move: to E11
Standard: CLW (10' reach for touch attack - Aberrant bloodline) vs. ghoul. Miss. I believe this means he retains the charge and can use it again.

Ghoul: Full attack vs. flat-footed Gragnor:

Bite hits (13 damage, + saves vs. disease & paralysis); claw misses; claw hits (18 damage + save vs. paralysis)

Gragnor takes 31 damage, dropping him to -5. He is now prone and dying. He also failed one of his paralysis saves (yes, I added in the Prot from Evil bonus. See status for duration).

Wow. That was far more effective than I thought it would be. Now I know why folks say Sneak Attack is a rogue's best feature.

Ghoul (AC 18): 37 damage, heavily wounded

Anaerion: 37/37
Ausk: 67/67
Gragnor: -5/26 Prone, dying, paralyzed (2 rounds remaining), Prot from Evil
Kalgor: 33/45
Kanli: 31/31, CLW charge on hand
Tyrien: 40/40[/sblock]

PCs up.

Attachments

• Grove.jpg
    Grove.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 69

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor attempts to retaliate, but the howl of the cat in his mind distracts him from the fight.

[sblock=mini-stats]
Kalgor AC 15 HP 33/45, Init +2, Perception +8/+10 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20'
STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +8, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Handbo +7, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +6, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +5
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Self*(3m), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (50 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster II:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), Celestial Hyena, d3 Celestial dogs, d3 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Effects:

Gragnor HP: -5/26, AC 21 ...... Move 40'
Bite +8, d4; Claw +8, d3; Claw +8, d3
Fort +3, Reflex +7, Will +1, Evasion
Perception +14, Stealth +14, Darkvision
Acrobatics +18, Init +4, Precise Strike
Effects: Paralyzed 2 rounds, down and bleeding out [/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien calls out, "Hang on, Kitty. We will try to save you!"

After putting arcane energy into her arrows, continues to fire shots as rapidly as she can. The first misses and zipps off past. Taking an extra breath to calm her aim, the second is on target.

"Well, at least I keep getting it with one out of two."

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: Talking
Swift Action: Activate Arcane Strike; +1 damage
Full Attack Action: Rapid shot; 1st Arrow (1d20+8=12, 1d8+10=17); 2nd Arrow (1d20+8=18, 1d8+10=13)
Move Action: n/a[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
Be it luck, the thrill of a kill, or shock amongst the party at the viciousness of his attack, the ghoul manages to dance out of the way of Kalgor's sword, Ausk's bill, and even one of Tyrien's arrows (the latter of which, unlike it's still-intact mates in the pile of rubble, splits along the shaft as it hits a large rock behind the ghoul).

The second arrow, however, thumps solidly into the ghoul's side, eliciting a panicked cry of pain.

"Of course one is out of two," Kanli says to Tyrien. "And two is out of three and three out of five. We don't speak of four. The worldskin shudders when we do."

The mad prophet's arm snakes out again, whip-like, but the ghoul hisses and dodges out of the way of the half-orc's softly-glowing hand again.

[sblock=ooc]Rolled recovery on the miss. This time the ammunition was lost.

Kanli tries his touch attack again, and misses again.

[MENTION=6666968]Satin Knights[/MENTION], do you want me to make Gragnor's stabilize check, or do you?

Ghoul (AC 18): 50 damage, heavily wounded

Gragnor: -5/26 Prone, dying, paralyzed (2 rounds remaining), Prot from Evil

Anaerion still up.

Attachments

• Grove.jpg
    Grove.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 61

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion decides now would be a good time to start useing the bigger guns. Running back the way he can, he points to a spot not far from the ghoul and says "Let us see if you can still fight after this!". A ball of shimmering light appears, floats over to the pointed spot and detonates with a shower of sparkles.
[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move next to Tyrian H 11
Standard: Glitterdust Detonated on intersection of G7,G8,H7,H8. This should only hit the ghoul. DC 18 Will Save.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +0 CMD:13(10ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 10' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 7 Rounds

Malkovian:
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by either Anaerion/Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not yet know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does has yet know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor ,Grease , Grease, Protection From Evil, Enlarge Person,[OPEN SLOT]
Level 2: Glittedust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Web
Level 3: Haste,SM3x2
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
The ghoul's screeching rises in pitch as he's covered in the explosion of glittering dust Anaerion calls forth.

"Evil, evil living things!" he calls out. "You taste bad and you hurt my eyes!"

Despite his blinding, the ghoul's survival instinct still manages to help him avoid opening up to Ausk's bill or Kanli's distended limb. All that dodging, however, does show his flank to Kalgor. The ranger, his mind finally refocused with the mental scream of his eidolon silent, takes full advantage, his blade cutting open the ghoul near the kidneys.

Dripping ichor, his insides beginning to slide out, the undead staggers away, though his wounds let him move only a short distance.

"I hope it comes back," he croaks, struggling to stand. "Hope it crushes you like the others."

[sblock=ooc]Okay, let's see if I got all the modifiers right here:

Ghoul failed its Will save, so it's blinded. That gives it a -4 on Dex-based checks. That still lets him (just barely) auto-succeed the DC 10's to move on Grease and move more than half speed while blinded.

Blinded creatures can't use the Withdraw action, so if he wants to move, he has to roll against AoO with the same Acro penalty. +4 to the DC for rolling vs. three threateners (I believe Kanli counts as threatening since he's holding a CLW charge and has 10' reach to use it). He ekes out of taking attacks from Ausk and Kanli, but Kalgor gets a swing before he can move anywhere.

I don't believe the ghoul's Uncanny Dodge lets him keep his Dex bonus with blinding (it only references the flat-footed condition, which is why it kept Dex on the grease), so AC drops to 12.

Kalgor hits, 10 damage. Ghoul now staggered.

1/2 speed for grease and 1/2 speed for trying to avoid AoO means the ghoul's initial step takes 4 squares. Only 2 left, takes him to I8.

Ghoul (AC now 12): 60 damage, staggered, blinded

Gragnor: -5/26 Prone, dying, paralyzed (1 round remaining), Prot from Evil

PCs up.

Attachments

• Grove.jpg
    Grove.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 67

jackslate45

First Post
Pointing at the creature, Anaerion says "that which was dead should remain dead.". A glob of acid fires at the creature.
[sblock=Actions]

Standard: Acid Splash 13 vs Touch(it was +5 not7) dealing 3
Move: Out of Ty's way.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +0 CMD:13(10ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 10' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 7 Rounds

Malkovian:
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by either Anaerion/Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not yet know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does has yet know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor ,Grease , Grease, Protection From Evil, Enlarge Person,[OPEN SLOT]
Level 2: Glittedust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Web
Level 3: Haste,SM3x2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
The acidic glob lands where the ghoul's neck meets its shoulders, eating through its airway. Ichor leaks down the creature's chest, and despite not needing to breathe, he claws at the wound, trying to close it unsuccessfully. Convulsing, the undead falls to the ground and is still.

[sblock=ooc]Ghoul is at -6 HP and dying. Combat over, folks! :)[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk immediately stops raging, and moving around the grease to the dying cat, casts CLW on his unlucky ally before resting to recover from his rage.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases