[LPF] Kostry Kopec

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor trudges on towards the mayor's office. When he sees someone going by with an empty cart, "Hey you! Ten gold to rent your cart and you pull it for two hours." If he gets a taker, he loads the bodies into the cart, and then has the guy do the work of pulling it uphill through the rain to the mayor's.

jkason

First Post
The party enters into the nervous throng, but even as Kalgor looks for someone with an empty cart, the jostling begins as the masses fail to act normally and make way for the intimidating sight of an armed party. They frown and swear, until one little boy points to Kanli and calls out,

"Mommy, he has monsters on his shoulders!"

The mother isn't the only one to turn her attention to the party at the mention of monsters, especially after the mother shrieks at the sight. A broad-shouldered laborer, apparently hauling half his house in the over-stuffed bag on his back, frowns.

"And what's that there?" he says, pointing to the oddly-shaped burdens on Kalgor and Ausk's shoulders. "Ain't no bedroll I seen lumpy like that."

There's a gasp as a gnomish woman points. "There's something in them ... someONE in them!"

"Are they dead?"

"Did they kill them?"

"Is it more monsters?"

"How many more are there?"

The crowd's tension quickly doubles and splits, with people trying to flee through the pressing throng and closing on the party with anger and fear all demanding answers.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien, unburdened with a dead or unconscious body, steps forward, "We have recovered some dead people that need identification and proper burial. These others are prisoners and we are delivering them to the mayor."

"I suggest someone run and ask a Crow to come around, if you please."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm going to make a Diplomacy check for Tyrien to assuage the mob fear, but wanted to make sure no one else wants to help bolster that / try anything else. I suspect my absence may mean it'll take a bit to get folks back in the groove, so I want to give a smidge longer for that reason, too.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Some of the dangers from this morning has been vanquished and destroyed. The rest of the answers are for Mayor Yrehgg and commander Rylidak. Make way so we can get to them or bring us a cart. These are heavy!"

Kalgor keeps trudging through towards the mayor's office on top of the hill with a panther marching in front of him.

"And go summon your town priest. Send him to the mayor's office. Ghouls and ghasts have a way of making their dead rise as more of them."

[sblock=ooc]Just high enough to intimidate commoners to move out of his way. The girl can sweet talk, but he doesn't. And carrying a ghoul victim should give me a circumstance bonus in frightening commoners.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Tyrien's assurances are met with continued nervous glances and mutterings, as the frightened citizens seem disinclined to believe that well-armed people carrying corpses aren't a threat.

Kalgor's decision to use their implied threat to clear the party's path is more successful, but in their heightened state of fear, the crowd doesn't part so much as it stampedes.

"Undead plague!"

"Nobody touch them!"

"Nobody breathe!"

"We'll all be zombies by nightfall!"

Men and women shove and push each other in a panicked effort to put as much distance between themselves and the bodies they now fear are undead. Some are more successful than others, while the smaller and weaker find themselves falling underfoot. A small child cries through the press of flesh and fear, while a raggedy woman screams "My baby!"

"Make way!"

A wave of black armor enters the mottled, dirty tones of the crowd, as Rylidak and the Crows under her command quickly force order on the near-mob. The half-orc woman reaches down to rescue the small child from the feet of fleeing citizenry, and quickly returns him to his mother, then turns her eyes and sword in the direction of the disturbance, clearly braced to stand against the unholy terror which has destroyed property and people alike.

The mix of rage and fear falls away as Rylidak catches sight of the party. Her sword point falls to her side and she sighs in relief. Then she looks back and forth between the still-fearful crowd (now at least marginally under control with Crows scattered about them) and the lot of you, draped in Dark Creepers and body-filled bedrolls.

"Clearly you're good at the killing," she says, raising an eyebrow, "Subtlety? Maybe not so much. And you're headed the wrong direction if you're looking for the cemetery."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien shrugs, "We tried being nice and they did not listen. So if the horse doesn't want the carrot, you threaten them with the stick, no? At least we did not actually use the stick."

"Why would we want to go to the cemetery? Is there trouble there now too? I knew there would be plagues and undead when we were coming here."

She discounts that she mentioned proper burial to the townsfolk, that was to placate their sensibilities and it did no good. The corpses they are carrying are not ready for burial before they finish investigating. She assumes they will be burned once they are done.

"Maybe someone should ask Golthia to come join us as well."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

Satin Knights

First Post
"We being nice? Nah. She tried the nice route. Didn't get her anywhere. Blunt and to the point gets the job done."

"We weren't going to the cemetery." "Ssseen it from the bottom ssside." "We were coming to you and the mayor. We can either go there, or stay here in the streets and frighten these people some more."

He turns and chastises the crowd, "I said ghouls, not zombies. If you are going to fear something, fear the truth. Go home calmly. Huddle up with your neighbors with ten to fifteen in a house together. REMAIN CALM. In groups you will be safe. Your fine Crow soldiers and us will deal with this problem."

"Rylidak send two of your crows to get some priests. These two were likely killed by the ghoul. It at least fed on them. If you want their souls to rest, the priests will have to do some work."

"Those unconscious two are just nasty prisoners we bothered to keep alive to interrogate if you want. They are dark creepers. So, expect them to cast darkness spells and to explode in a flash of light if killed. They also like poisoned blades. The rest of the information is for the mayor's office only."

"And get me a damned cart. These are heavy."

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]SK pointed out to me that Kalgor and Anaerion are ready to level as of today. I updated the first post, and you two can go ahead and start working on the level ups now. Your spell slots won't reset until you rest, but new ones you gain from the level will be available as if you intentionally left them open.[/sblock]

Rylidak shakes her head at Tyrien's question.

"I just assumed you were planning to bury ... whoever you've got wrapped up there," she says. Then she frowns as Kalgor reveals ghoul involvement. She shoves her way through the crowd and grabs a man struggling to move a cart through the press of fearful residents.

"The Crows owe you a debt, citizen," she says sternly, handing him a small slip of parchment. He appears to object, but the proximity of so many other Crows forcing the crowd to behave seems to cow him, and he hands over the transport. Rylidak waves the party over.

"Which one did the ghoul feed on?" she asks evenly. Then she looks about a bit furtively as she draws forth a pendant: what looks like a jagged-topped mountain on a field of red. She holds the symbol in her hand and rummages for something in the pouch at her waist.

Satin Knights

First Post
After putting the body down in the cart and then making sure the creepers that are set down get tied down to the cart as well, "This one was definitely lunch, as the the ghoul was chomping on his arm when we arrived. The other was floating in a pool, so we are unsure. Well, we are not sure the ghoul did the original killing either. But better safe than sorry. The bigger beast that attacked your men came from the same area."

Telepathically to Gragnor, "Watch Rylidak." Kalgor and Gragnor both watch Rylidak's reaction intensely as Kalgor pulls back the bedrolls to reveal the faces of lefty and the hunchback. "Who were these people?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases