[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jkason

First Post
Their search of the factory concluded, the party slinks out the side door through which they entered, where the never-ending rain is actually a pleasant change from the putrid stench of the middenstone factory.

Soon enough, Rylidak has lead the group back through the tangle of streets to the Inn, where she nods a quick acknowledgement to the desk clerk as she follows the others up to whichever room they've chosen for planning.

Anaerion settles in with his books as Malkovian, in a bit of a snit, opens one of his own new acquisitions to alleviate his mood.

"I'm afraid what I know of Crove's Asylum is merely by reputation," Rylidak admits when pressed for more information. "The eastern cliff of the Kopec isn't my jurisdiction, so I've never had cause to visit. Before this, Crove's been so good at his practice, he not only houses the generally insane, but he has a contract with the Crow's whereby he takes those prisoners we've deemed mentally deficient.

"We thought we were helping them, that such broken souls might actually be mended in the asylum where they'd merely be fodder for sane prisoners otherwise. I can only hope this obsession of Crove's only means he's neglected his charges, and not ... used them in some way to forward his goals."

[sblock=ooc]I like to think I'm nice, but I'm not that nice. No map for you, I'm afraid. Rylidak does know the way, however.

Below is the level up and new stat block for her. I'm okay with swapping out her new spell or feat if you guys want, but you'll need to do that before you leave the inn. I believe I read right and you're heading out today, correct? So used spells / slots remain used, though any new ones you gained from leveling are available.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rylidak Leveling info]Class: Paladin
BAB: +6/1 to +7/+2
Fort: No Change
Ref: No Change
Will: No Change
Feat: Lunge
Features: Smite Evil extra time per day (3/day total)
2nd level spell: Weapon of Awe

HP: Max -2 (8 +1 Con +1 toughness)
Skill Pts: +3 = +2 (Class) +1 (favored class)
Skill ranks added: +1 each Disable Device, Perception, Sense Motive [/sblock]

[sblock=Rylidak new mini-stats]
Initiative: +1
Speed 20/30 (Heavy armor)
AC: 20 (Touch 11, Flat 19)
HP: 56 Current: 53
CMB: +10 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Special: Immune fear, disease

Conditions:

In Hand: +1 aberration bane longsword

Consumables
Arrows: 20/20
CLW Wand charges: 50/50
Acid: 1/1
Alch Fire: 2/2
Liquid Ice: 1/2, 1 used
Antitoxin: 2/2
Holy Water: 3/3
Tanglefoot bag: 1/1
Universal Solvent: 1/1
Scroll Bull's Str: 1/1

Melee: +1 Longword +12/+7 (1d8+5/19-20) (+2 dmg two-handed)
Melee: +1 Aberration bane Longword +12/+7 (1d8+5/19-20)(+2 dmg two-handed, +2 hit and +2d6 damage vs. aberrations)
Ranged: MW Composite Longbow +4 STR +8/+3 (1d8+4/x3)

Divine Weapon +1
Smite Evil: +2 to hit, +6 dmg, +2 deflection AC
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands), Lunge (+5' reach melee / -2 AC)

Lay on Hands: 6/7 (3d6; Mercies: Sickened, Staggered)
Smite Evil: 3/3 (Special: 2 LoH for extra Smite - Oath of Vengeance)
Divine Weapon: 7 minutes
Orc Ferocity: 1/1
Spells:1st (DC 15): Lesser Restoration, Bless
2nd (DC 16): Weapon of Awe
Effects: None[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion sits down in his room (to be away from everyone for the temporary), and pulls out the scroll he purchaed early. After casting a spell to understand the magic that is imbedded in it, and then getting Malkovian set up with his books to read, Anaerion starts to read over magical inscriptions.

OK, so by targeting the spell weave with a blast of abjuration , I could remove it. Wow, I wish I had known that for that rubber tentacle spell. Oh well. Hmm...Wait, why use the Praxium's third law with it? That makes no sense...The 1st would be a better way to distrupt the spell weave. Lazy scriber...

Finally comprehending how the spell will work, Anaerion takes out an ink pot, and starts scribbling down the complicated magical spellwork needed to remove spells on a target. It takes some time, but when it is completed Anaerion wipes his hands clean of the ink that stained his hands. He then takes a quick look over his spell book on last time, and quickly 4 more spells that should help in the upcoming fight. Anaerion then looks up to his amulet, now hovering up the air to better read the book, and asks "I meant to ask, did you find anything interesting in that book from last night?"

[sblock=OOC]
Woot, Dispel Magic. I hope we wont have to use it, but given the last fight I figured its time to start learning it. Since Anaerion still has most of his spells, I have no issue with continuing on.

So, hopefully after 3 hours of study time, Malkovian is slightly happier, at least enough to give us what he read last night in the Aklo book. And enough to help us in this final push.

Feat wise that works. Spell wise I like Fire of Entanglement

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 51 Current: 51
CMB: +1 CMD:14(10ff) Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 15' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 10 Rounds

Malkovian: Is Temperamental. Does not gain access to the following abilities.

Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor, Greasex2, Protection From Evil, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Enlarge Person
Level 2: Glittedustx2, Invisibility, Web, Create Pit
Level 3: Haste,SM3x1, Fly, Summon monster 3: Leaoprd
Level 4: Dimenstion Door, Arcane Eye, Dispel Magic (Prepared as level 4)
Arcane Bond: Available
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Are you guys waiting on me? I wasn't sure if there was any more planning / prep you planned. In any case, between the leveling and the time spent learning spells, I suppose it wouldn't hurt for me to go over what I have in terms of resources I'm tracking on you guys. Let me know if you have different numbers. I'm only listing HP on characters that I don't have as full:

Hit points:

Rylidak: 62/65 HP (I had her HP listed wrong in the previous mini-stats update. Fixed below).
Ausk: 61/94 HP
Gragnor: 30/38 HP

Defenses:

Anaerion: Mage Armor 1.5 hours
Gragnor: Mage Armor EXPIRED

Finite resources used:
Rylidak: 1 use lay on hands.
Anaerion: Cast mage armor, summon monster, invisibility, magic missile
Ausk: 8/13 rounds rage remaining
Ausk: 3 spells cast (1st level)
Kalgor: Cast lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor

Okay, if I've missed something, let me know. And, of course, with 4 hours for the rest of the characters to kill, I'm fine with retconning in any other healing you might decide to do; just let me know what resources you use to accomplish it. [/sblock]

[sblock=Rylidak new mini-stats]
Initiative: +1
HP: 65 Current: 62

Conditions:

Consumables

Melee: +1 Aberration bane Longword +12/+7 (1d8+5/19-20)(+2 dmg two-handed, +2 hit and +2d6 damage vs. aberrations)

Divine Weapon +1
Combat Feats: Power Attack (-2/+4), Furious Focus (ignore attack penalty 1st power attack ea round w/ two hands), Lunge (+5' reach melee / -2 AC)

Effects: None[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
OOC If Malkovian isn't going to salty anything I'm done. Anaerion wants to look more into the book, but we're under a time crunch with angry rampaging evil guy.

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
OOC If Malkovian isn't going to salty anything I'm done. Anaerion wants to look more into the book, but we're under a time crunch with angry rampaging evil guy.

salty? I think I'm missing a reference. :-S

BTW, I think with 4 hours of good reading under his belt, it makes sense to me that Malkovian is probably back to some level of contentment. I was reading over his entry, and unless I missed it, I don't believe you need a full 24 hours before Mal is over his snits, just the books? Since SK suggested it, and he's the one who put Mal's stats together, I think I'm probably okay rules wise on that, too. :) [/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Ausk is good to go whenever. He'll probably spend most of the time waiting arguing with Alf as if it was a perfectly normal thing to be doing.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Gragnor was at 18/26, then got 11 HP back from the lesser rejuvenate eidolon to heal him back to full. Then, leveling carried him up to the 38/38.

Kalgor purchased 4 Cure Light Wounds potions at the last stop to the Pearl, so each person has one on them. He also still had one from previous, so there are 5 total to use if necessary.

Kalgor gives Anaerion one of the See Invisibility scrolls, since he can use it. He keeps the other two for himself. He has an Invisibility Purge scroll, but his UMD is weak.

We have two Rings of Protection +1. Kalgor is wearing one. Who has the other? I assume Anaerion is wearing the Ring of Counterspells.

Malkovian only needs an hour a day of reading to be happy. So, our rest period gave him plenty of time. He is greedy, and will read all night when he has the chance though. :p[/sblock]Gragnor after resting still feels a little weak, so he asks for a little restoration from the paladin. Rylidak uses her memorized Lesser Restoration to return Gragnor to full strength. After leveling, it matters.

"Tell me just before you are finished with the reading."

Before leaving to hunt Crove, Kalgor is going to take his armor off, put his bonded amulet on, disabling Granor's amulet for the moment, cast mage armor on Gragnor, take the amulet off, and put the his armor back on. Kalgor sorely needs to get paid to buy better armor and move his bonded item to a different body slot. "Okay, ready."

[sblock=mini-stats] Kalgor AC 17 HP 63/63, Init +2, Perception +11/+13 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +9, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Power Attack +1 Greatsword, +7, 2d6+13 + ...
Handbo +8, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +7, d8+4..... Arrows 7 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Sling +6, d4+4........ Sling bullets 15
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +6, CMB +8, CMD 21
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt, Read Magic
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 4/5 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 2/2 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, Summon Eidolon
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Person*(T), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (70 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster III:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (5 min), Lantern Archon, Celestial Ape, d4+1 Celestial dogs, d4+1 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike, Power Attack
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Party Supplies: Wearing the Ring +1 Protection
...........Party Supplies:
1 of 2 scrolls of Umbrella (1 successfully used), 2 scrolls of Create Treasure Map, Scroll of Devolution, Scroll of Unfetter, 3 scrolls of See Invisibility, Scroll of Comprehend Languages, 1 potion of lesser restoration (1 also carried by Tyrien), 2 scrolls of remove curse, 1 scroll of invisibility purge, 4 Cure Light Wounds potions (each carrying one)

Effects: In hand = +1 greatsword

Gragnor HP: 38/38, AC 25 ..... Move: Walk 40', Fly 40' Perfect
Bite +9, d4+1; Claw +9, d3+1; Claw +9, d3+1 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold damage each
Fort +5, Reflex +8, Will +1, CMB +3, CMD 17, Evasion
Perception +7, Stealth +14, Fly +19, Darkvision
Acrobatics +19, Init +4, Precise Strike, Pounce
Effects:
Mage Armor 2.9 hours

Rylidak Kel
Initiative:
+1
HP: 65 Current: 62

Conditions:

Consumables

Divine Weapon +1

Effects: None [/sblock][sblock=Ausk]Heal up. Being down by a third going into the hard battles is a bad idea. You are a healer and have a wand. Fix thyself.[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]If no one else wants it, Ausk will take the other ring of protection. It won't help a lot if the dice rolls on this board are any indication, but it's worth trying. I had completely forgotten about the wand; real life has been a bit crazy the last couple months. Something tells me it isn't going to last long at this point if he keeps taking significant damage; it simply won't be able to keep up.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

salty? I think I'm missing a reference. :-S

BTW, I think with 4 hours of good reading under his belt, it makes sense to me that Malkovian is probably back to some level of contentment. I was reading over his entry, and unless I missed it, I don't believe you need a full 24 hours before Mal is over his snits, just the books? Since SK suggested it, and he's the one who put Mal's stats together, I think I'm probably okay rules wise on that, too. :) [/sblock]
[Sblock] OOC nope I mistyped :p.

Ausk can use the scroll of invisibility purge. Though if Anaerion can see it he would glitterdust it.
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yep, mind blanked on the oracle==cleric for spells. Ausk gets the Invisibility Purge scroll to hold and use when the time is right.

+1 Ring of Protection to Ausk, yes. Our mage shouldn't be stepping into melee range.[/sblock]

Remove ads