[LPF] Kostry Kopec - Page 12




  1. #111
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,809

    Ignore jkason
    GM: I'm going to be trying to experiment with pace as we go, starting with moving back my response time to every 2 days (possibly 3 if a weekend falls in there). Hopefully that allows for a little more time for folks with less free time without stalling things out too much. If I wind up seeing a post from all the players sooner, I'll post a response sooner, but otherwise, I'll hold at least that long.

    So, FYI, you should see an update tomorrow.

 

  • #112
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,397
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

    Tyrien is more concerned about keeping her bowstring dry than chitchatting at the moment. Following along behind the enigmatic Kanli, she waves to the staring people gawking at them.

    She looks curiously at the bunched up Crows and remarks to he campanions from the rear of their procession, "Why are they standing around? I thought the Mayor said they were too busy to hunt the creature."

    "Has anyone actually seen this thing yet?"
    She calls from the back of the crowd of her companions as she keeps looking around.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
    AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 40 Current: 40
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 10/10 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #113
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    InVinoVeritas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Glen Ridge, NJ
    Posts
    3,080

    Ignore InVinoVeritas
    Kanli bows to the half-orc. "I am Kanli, the Sanguine Prophet, and quite enchanted," he flirts. "The ducks appear to still be in disarray, but I suspect that they shall march against the frogs soon enough."

    OOC: I'll try to be more regular now. Back from travels!
    Living Pathfinder Judge! What's Living Pathfinder? Check it out here! Join the fun here!

  • #114
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    jackslate45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,778

    Ignore jackslate45
    Anaerion nods as the half orc, and once again the disembodied voice says "Oooh, I think he likes her."

    Anaerion smirks a little before asking
    Rylidak "I have the same question as our inquisitive friend here. Have we seen this creature at anytime? Even a simple description would help at this point. Something that will give me time to research how to defeat this thing."

    Spells Prepared
    Level 0: Detect Magic,Read Magic,Acid Splash,Mending
    Level 1:Mage Armor,Greasex2,Protection From Evil,Enlarge Person,[OPEN SLOT]
    Level 2: Glittedust,Invisibility,Mirror Image,Web
    Level 3:Haste,SM3x2


    Attempting to learn: Unseen Servant (Auto Success with a +15), True strike (Need a 3)
    Last edited by jackslate45; Thursday, 8th March, 2012 at 06:15 AM.

  • #115
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,397
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    OOC
    Quote Originally Posted by jkason View Post
    I'm going to be trying to experiment with pace as we go, starting with moving back my response time to every 2 days (possibly 3 if a weekend falls in there). Hopefully that allows for a little more time for folks with less free time without stalling things out too much. If I wind up seeing a post from all the players sooner, I'll post a response sooner, but otherwise, I'll hold at least that long.
    It is an art.

    You might try using two different types of updates. Typically you have been posting multiple paragraph ones that often include scene advancement. But, short replies to questions from one character usually don't need to wait for everyone to have chimed in.

    Typically, no one will begrudge the DM to post once per day. That is about right when you have 2-3 players that can post that often. With groups this size, I would not post more than once a day unless there are special circumstances (where an NPC and a PC need to exchange multiple conversation snippets before anyone else can really post).

    Posts advancing a scene are the type of updates that can ruffle people's feathers when they don't get a chance to participate or react while the DM and another character have 2-3 exchanges. They don't often need to even be once every 2 days depending on the character interaction.

    You might even try adding an OOC comment about your intentions or who you are waiting to give a chance to post before advancing the scene. For example, I would post a brief conversational reply to the greetings and answer the simple questions. Then include an OOC comment that you are giving SS21 a chance to post again before moving things forward giving the full data dump.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #116
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,809

    Ignore jkason
    ooc
    Playing a bit with the order of things for what I think will be better flow.


    Rylidak stumbles a moment at Kanli's introduction. Her expression is a mix of flattered embarrassment and genuine confusion.

    "I ... well met, Kanli," she finally says, then looks to the others, adding a bemused, "Is he putting me on?" She shakes her head and raises her hand to stop any answer.

    Even as the half-orc Crow is trying to sort out how she should take Kanli's pronouncements, she catches Tyrien's string of inquiry, and her amused confusion falls away. She responds with a far more official face as she responds, "At the moment, we're taking a very small rest after a very long morning of looking for our dead," she says a bit tersely. Rylidak steps aside and gestures for the Crows gathered to clear the line of sight. Sure enough, benches under the tent have three human-sized forms covered with tarps.

    "We still haven't found Cecili -- er, Commander Syrianna." she says. The rain makes it hard to tell, but the hardened half-orc definitely seems to show signs of grief at the mention of the name. Or perhaps it's just exhaustion, if this group has been digging for bodies since the crack of dawn.

    The Crow shakes her head again, clearing it, and addresses the group.

    "I got next to nothing on what this thing looks like, but what we do know we got from old Garrett." she gestures to where two Crows stand guard with an agitated, elderly dwarf. The guards bring him to Rylidak, who nods toward the party.

    "Garrett here is the one called the Crows in the first place. Garrett, you wanted action from the mayor? Here it is. You tell these folk what you told me, yeah?"

    Garrett's eyes widen a bit as he takes in the party, but then he launches directly into his tale, speaking quickly from a mix of what seems to be fear and excitement:

    So, the Sandal's always up 'fore the sun. Stalls all set up at least two hours afore there's any light. Only today, was alla sudden a terrible something come crashing out of Marshans house." Here he points into the alley. "Awful lot of screams, whole house shook like it were bein' crushed by big hand or foot. I ran for the watch, but by the time we come back, was all quiet. Wasnt more'n a few heartbeats after the guards went in, though, that the shaking and the screaming started up again. Some of 'em ran back into the street only to get scooped inna air and crushed, and still I couldn't make out nothin' but shadows an' air. House has been quiet ever since.

    ooc
    Quote Originally Posted by Satin Knights View Post
    As to pace, I work at a computer. So, just tell me how slow you want me to go. I am trying to wait so I am not the first post after a GM update each time. The mayor's office called for one leader's voice, lay out the terms, and then move on so we don't haggle for a calendar month. That is how I saw it.
    I don't think you should neccessarily feel you have to slow down your response speed, just so long as you realize I'm probably going to delay mine. I think that's probably a better pace-control than asking folk not to post when they have the opportunity (since you never know when you'll suddenly lose the opportunity, as it were).

    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    Typically you have been posting multiple paragraph ones that often include scene advancement. But, short replies to questions from one character usually don't need to wait for everyone to have chimed in.
    In most cases, it's seemed to me that the responses people were asking for called for the longer posts, especially since there's been a fair amount of 'tell us everything you know,' by way of questions. I'm not sure how to answer that without a bit of an infodump.

    But, yes, if I'm online when more innocuous inquiries happen, I'll probably try to respond to them. That gets a bit more complicated when someone's asked questions first which are of the longer variety, but if you guys can bear with me, I should be able to get a feel for what's going to work in hopefully short order. This group is very different in pace and style than the foursome I had in Distant Relations, so I'm having to figure out the intricacies as with any new group.

  • #117

    Kalgor and Gragnor

    "So, big, unknown and nasty. Doesn't give us much to go on. Looks like we are going to have to bait and skewer it. Someone is going to have to play the bait while the rest of us ready bows, crossbows and spells."

    "Any volunteers?" as even the crickets become quiet.

    Looking around at all the Crows in the room for show before turning his gaze down to the panther. "Come on, raise that paw."

    "But, but the hangoverr is nassty!" comes from the panther.

    "Who else can do it? Am I looking at the one who danced with a shadow and didn't get hurt? Am I looking at an immortal? I can't send Chuckles in there. That hyena would laugh at you for months. And even I could swat him down with one blow."

    "Allrrright. But I get a whole piglet for dinner when I get back." Looking around at the company he is keeping, "Oopss! Lamb, yeah, a whole lamb!"

    "I am sure we can find you one later."

    Turning back to the Crows, "We have a volunteer to taunt the beast out into the light!"

    Addressing Rylidak directly, "How many archers can you muster for an ambush? The girl is probably our best archer. We should probably use everyone that can draw a bow. Do you have any casters at your disposal?"

  • #118
    "What can you tell us about Marshen or the layout of this house?" With the formal business getting closer at hand, Ausk seems to getting more alert to the situation, clearly more interested in specific tactical information than the higher level politics they had been dealing with up to this point.

  • #119
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,397
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

    Tyrien perks up at Kalgor's mention of her being their best archer. She remarks quietly to her companions nearby, "I certainly hope that is true. Though, I did get a belt to improve my aiming after that poor performance against those skeletons back in the crypt."

    Edging closer she asks, "Did anyone approach the ruined without going in and get eaten?"

    "Kitty, you are brave but I hope whatever it is doesn't just swallow you up."


    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
    AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 40 Current: 40
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 10/10 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #120
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,809

    Ignore jkason
    Rylidak stutters a moment as Kalgor decides to set up a full scale assault.

    "There's just who's here," she says, regaining her composure, pointing to the exhausted quartet of guards standing near the covered corpses. "If I could get a full regiment to tear into that place, the mayor wouldn't have needed to hire this job out.

    "I'm not sure there are a lot of good spots for sniping down the alley, though,"
    she says, and points down past the rope cordon. "But you're welcome to take a look. We'll do what we can."

    To Ausk she shakes her head.

    "Can't say as Old Man Marshan seems to have been very popular 'round here from what we gathered in interviews," Rylidak says.

    "Bah," Garrett, who still mills about, interjects. Rylidak rolls her eyes.

    "Moved in quite a few years ago, he did, and started renovating the old place. Been abandoned for long as I've been around before that. But even though he were right here, kept to hisself, didn't he? Didn't want much o' nothing to do with business in the Sandal." Garrett's tone, and his spitting on the ground, makes it clear he saw this behavior as a clear insult.

    "Most of the locals seem to think he was a retired adventurer, probably living off his old dungeon dives or what have you. Though we can't find anyone who had much of any kind of conversation with him, and no one who can say he or she was actually invited in."

    "He did have visitors, though," Garrett chimes in again. He leans in, his voice going low and conspiratorial. "Always after dark, and always left afore sunup. But they's like him, never saw one very good, nor did I talk to a single one, did I?"

    It's around then that Tyrien makes her inquiry. Rylidak shrugs.

    "We've been through the outlying rubble, which was thick enough. It's how we found this lot," she gestures behind her to the covered bodies. "We'd just managed to clear out the entrance to the place when we took our first break. So, none of us have been in yet, but we've been pretty close and so far stayed in one piece."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •