[LPF] Kostry Kopec

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor

"Well, the things we know for sure, you have a pile of rubble where the wall of the building was and a stairwell leading down. The house owner was getting mysterious visitors who only visited at night. The blood on the wall was in the shape of an ancient glyph of one of the old cults. And what ever did the attack left behind no blood of its own. The stench left behind is so foul, no one will be able to keep their lunch down."

Pausing to let the mayor digest that, then continuing "So, not sure what it is, but pretty sure we have to chase it underground and kill it or them now. My suspicion is spell slingers with the power to summon beasts. If left alone, it or they will eventually have the power to destroy your whole city. Rylidak said you have an outpost of the Pearl here. I intend to get a few more supplies there and then go in. But first, lets get Signore Gabbiano's business finalized, then we can proceed on trying to save your city."

jkason

First Post
Yrehgg blanches at mention of ancient cults bringing his city to the same rubble as the home you describe. He takes a moment to regain his composure as he moves toward his desk.

"I … yes. We're still waiting on Madame Golthia--" he begins, but just then a loud squeal issues from the front hallway, and a plump, speckled, pot-bellied pig comes charging into the room. It runs a quick circle in place, and even hops a bit, snorting.

A second snorting noise follows down the hall with a heavy gait, and a disheveled, dark-skinned, plump older woman appears as the source. The pig begins to back away, but before it gets anywhere, the iron-gray mass of hair on the woman's head suddenly seems to come to life. It whips out, snatching the pig by the collar, and pulls him to her side as the woman snorts something angrily.

Then the battle of wills appears to be over, as the pig sits quietly at the old woman's side. It's only then that she seems to see the small crowd which has gathered for the conflict. She glares back down at the pig, gives a short snort, then looks up with a genteel grin. Her hair releases the collar and quickly twists itself into place in an elegant arrangement. A quick cantrip sorts the dampness in her clothes, as well.

In the awkward silence, the woman sedately bows her head to the Mayor.

"You sent for me, Mayor?" she asks, her composed tone and bearing giving no indication of the chaos which she so recently brought into the room.

The mayor opens his mouth, gesturing as if to say something about the nature of her entrance, but an arched eyebrow from the woman seems to bring him up short.

"Ah, yes. Danae Golthia, allow me to introduce these fine representatives of a Venzan house. We have need of your services as a notary to sign some papers."

"You brought me out in the midst of this chaos for trade business?" she says coldly. She glares at the party, her hair seeming to writhe a moment.

"These are adventurers, you see," Yrehgg quickly continues. "They've agreed to help us with this current … situation. We just need to finish their original business to avoid … distraction?"

Golthia looks you over, one by one. When she's done, she looks down to the pig, which you realize was similarly assessing you. He gives a short snort and lies down with a sigh.

"If you say so, Kantowitz," the old woman says with a shrug, then returns her attention to the mayor. She waves her hand in a beckoning gesture. "All right, then. Where are these papers. Let's get this nonsense done, shall we?"

jackslate45

First Post
"My dear Tyrien, if there is ever a way to show you what I look like, I would gladly show it to you in a heartbeat. However, the only thing I can do is converse with you. For now." The disembodied voice says.

Anaerion answers Tyrien's other questions with "You are correct about the alchemical gear. We have little in the way of stopping such a swarm again. However, I do know that Kalgor has purchased a simple spell that both he can I can learn to allow easy combustion of a large number of creatures. However, it is always good to have back up."
----------------------------------------
Anaerion reaches back into his backpack, and as he appears to throw it out of his hand. However, instead of scattering everywhere, the package of paper starts to float all the way over to the mayor. It stops withing grabbing reach, and it waits to be grabbed by either the mayor or the woman to grab.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien thanks the mage and his soul for the information and resolves to get some more alchemical items once they go shopping.

After seeing the woman with the pig, she is curious and approaches the gruff woman, "Do you always take the piggy with you? What's his name?"

Hands on her knees she introduces herself to the pig first, then the woman while Anaerion is rummaging around for the documents.

"I am Tyrien, the archer. What's your name, Piggy? Ma'am, that's a neat trick with the hair. How'd you get it to do that? "

GM: Sorry, I was busy this weekend and gaffed off EnWorld.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 10/10 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
Golthia raises an eyebrow a moment and looks to the mayor as Tyrien introduces herself and launches into her questions. Yrehgg merely shrugs. The elder woman returns the gesture, then says patiently, "Kantowitz is my familiar, miss. He cannot speak to any save me without the proper spell. Though, really, I suspect it's best that way. He's quite the chatterbox." You could swear the pig actually glares at the notary as she says this.

"As to the hair, it is a gift granted me by the patron power which bonded me to Kantowitz in the first place. If you'll excuse me a moment, though?"

By now Anaerion has floated the papers to Yrehgg's desk, where the mayor gingerly takes them from the air, slightly tentative that his grip might come into contact with some invisible creature holding them. Golthia crosses to him as he breaks the Gabbiano seal and quickly skims the legal document, ostensibly verifying its contents. Kantowitz stays where he is, rubbing up against Tyrien's leg almost like a cat seeking attention, then sitting and looking up expectantly.

With a quick nod, the mayor reaches for his quill as the notary stands over his shoulder. He signs on each relevant line, then passes the document to Golthia. She, too, adds her signature and seal. She nods to the mayor when she's finished, and he seals the document again, this time with that of his own office, then holds it forth before him a bit awkwardly, as if he's trying to hand it to someone he can't see.

"That should be your Gabbiano business taken care of, yes?" he says.

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor

Stepping forward to take the papers, "Yes, thank you, both of you. And I am sure Signore Gabbiano would thank you graciously as well." Turning to Anaerion, "Tuck these away." Back to his hosts, "Now, I can think of two things left before we go hunting. One, do you have a map of any caverns or catacombs below this city? And second, where would this outpost of the Mystic Pearl be? I intend to get extra climbing gear and protections before going underground."

jackslate45

First Post
Grabbing the papers, Anaerion safely tucks the documents back into his bag. With little to say in this negotiation, he simply waits to be dismissed.

jkason

First Post
Yrehgg shakes his head. "I know the hill we're named after is in part made from building atop previous settlements, but none of our records have details on those. My best guess is that each settlement deciding to start fresh didn't want reminders of what had come before.

"As to the Pearl, it's not far from here,"
the mayor says, rising.

"I can take them if you wish, your honor," Golthia says primly. Before Yrehgg can voice his surprise, she waves it off. "It's on my way home, anyway, and Kantowitz seems to have taken a shine to the girl," she indicates where her familiar still waits eagerly for attention from Tyrien.

[sblock=ooc]You can go ahead and post to the Pearl thread if you want to now. I'm going to hold off leaving the mayor's office in this thread until I'm sure no one has any other questions / RP they want to fit in.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases