[LPF] Kostry Kopec - Page 2





+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 786
  1. #11
    Anaerion tries not to stare as the girl transforms from a ...unique dresser... to one wearing such fancy equipment. He recalls something of the sash, and makes the connection to the noble house she represents. "I feel I can understand the secrecy, however... styllish it was. But, I swear to keep secret whatever we discuss here, if it eases your mind."
    Last edited by jackslate45; Thursday, 9th February, 2012 at 02:01 AM.

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,737

    Ignore jkason
    The lady seems to consider Kalgor sternly a moment, then rolls her eyes and mutters in elven:

    elven
    Galen did warn me about adventurers, didn't he?


    She reaches up to touch the filigree in her hair, changing herself back to the more boisterous disguise to open the door.

    "Ooh, but I don' wanna find myself kitty food, now do I? Let's get those treats in, yeah?" she says while the outside room can hear, grabbing the food in a quick sweep, then kicking the door closed again. She plunks the bowls down on the table, then returns to her more refined elven form, where she doesn't seem to acknowledge the interruption. She bows her head to Kalgor and Anaerion.

    "I appreciate the discretion" she says, then looks to the others. It's clear she's waiting for individual oaths from everyone before she's willing to part with her information.

  • #13
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,300
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

    Tyrien was too busy petting and scratching Gragnor to answer right away. She smiles at her companion Anaerion and waves to Ausk.

    "You forgot to introduce Kitty. He is somebody too.

    "I am Tyrien. Nice to meet you Ausk. I can keep a secret, who do you want me to tell?"

    "Oh, there are no frog legs in the bowl. I heard they are supposed to be tasty here, Kitty."

    "Miss, he don't eat nice people, you don't have to worry."


    Seeing that Kalgor gives her a look, a typical one of impatient disapproval that the gruff man is always giving her. The half-elven girl glances around at everyone, mouth open as she draws in a breath to begin her tirade of speech once more.

    "Eh? Ooohhh, we are promising to not tell someone something. Sure, I can do that. Sorry to keep you waiting, please proceed. I can keep a secret between us. Besides you already know Kalgor's name, so that secret's out."

    OOC: Sorry Wednesdays are bad for me, only can update a few games.
    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
    AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 40 Current: 40
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +8 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination, Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 10/10 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #14
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,737

    Ignore jkason
    ooc
    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    Sorry Wednesdays are bad for me, only can update a few games.
    No worries at all. I don't imagine anyone's going to decline Finia's terms, but she's the intractable sort who wouldn't proceed without forcing everyone to agree.

  • #15
    "Yesss, If I musst sspeak that I will not sspeak yourr worrds, you have my worrd."

    Turning to Tyrien, "No frrogss, Marrrla givess me venisson." The cat turns his attention to the bowl of potatoes, diced venison and milk.

    Kalgor looks at his bowl, which contains mostly undercooked potatoes with just a couple pieces of burnt chicken. "Women."



  • #16
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,300
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

    Tyrien giggles at Kalgor's consternation and comments, "You probably forgot to be nice to her, Kalgor. Girls like it when you are polite and nice. Try to smile something, it won't hurt your face."

    Looking across the room at the lady, she continues without really taking much time to draw in a breath.

    "So what's this employer's name? What does he want? How much does it pay? Will it be dangerous?"

    "Oh, I like your belt. Is that something with special meaning?"


    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
    AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 40 Current: 40
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination, Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 10/10 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Last edited by perrinmiller; Saturday, 11th February, 2012 at 07:29 AM.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #17
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,737

    Ignore jkason
    ooc
    Gonna push forward here to try to avoid stalling at the gate.


    The elven woman hesitates before answering Tyrien, her cold gaze assessing Ausk and Kanli, then eventually she gives a slight sigh and says, "Well, silence is legally assent, so I'll assume by your remaining that you agree. I expect you'll find your lives become quite a bit more ... complicated if you choose to start spreading House secrets in any event."

    She moves, now a study in grace an fluidity, to the head of the table, then smiles delicately and bows her head slightly.

    "My name is Finia," she begins. "For some time now, I have been in the employ of House Gabbiano. Once a rather prominent noble merchant house, several ... misfortunes lead to a fairly swift fall from prominence for my employer.

    "However, Signore Umberto is often underestimated, and has recently come into possession of several elements with which we believe the House may turn its fortunes around again.

    "You may have heard of the recent Fire Beetle outbreak near the docks, or the fire that rampaged through the city? I'm reasonably well-informed that the blaze wasn't nearly the threat to all life in Venza that many in the populace seem to indicate, and Fire Beetles are perhaps inaccurately named ... but the fact of the matter is, the Construction Guild cannot convince anyone to use wood for new construction within the city.

    "As you might imagine, this puts House Boraga--"
    the word is nearly a curse the way she says it--"--at an immense advantage. Their monopoly on sand-mortar means they've a rather expensive stranglehold on the guild.

    "And that's where you, and House Gabbiano, come in,"
    Finia continues, smiling. Despite her poise, her excitement is evident.

    "My master has been in communications with a small city in Heth which has quite the wonder in fire-resistant construction materials. A compound called middenstone. Combined with another acquisition for our House which has allowed us to massively reduce our shipping costs, an exclusive trade agreement between our middenstone source and House Gabbiano would not only break Boraga's hold on the Construction Guild, but be an immense boon to the future fortunes of my House."

    It's clear she has more to say, but pauses briefly to make sure all present are following her.

    ooc
    Rather than sblock a bunch of stuff in an already-long post, anyone who wants to make Know: Local, Know: Nobility, or Know: Engineering checks (or some other one you convince me is relevant), roll 'em, and I'll expand on elements above.

  • #18
    "So your fight with the other guys is just the politics of profit. Okay."

    ooc
    Kalgor knows nothing of these two houses. That is two rolls of 2 in a row.

    Last edited by Satin Knights; Saturday, 11th February, 2012 at 06:37 AM.

  • #19
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,300
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

    Tyrien shrugs, knowing nothing of construction, local politics or nobility.

    While she recently arrived in the City of Glass, her brow furrows slightly as she is coming to understand that they might be asked to head to this other place so soon after her arrival.

    "You surely don't need us to be common laborers. Though some of us, not me of course, might be suited to such work."

    "I am guessing we need to travel to Heth? Where is that?"


    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
    AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 40 Current: 40
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination, Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 10/10 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #20
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,737

    Ignore jkason
    Finia raises an eyebrow at Kalgor's assessment.

    "If only the knotty web of Venzan politics were as simple as 'who has the most gold,'" she says. "But, yes, gold is certainly helpful in re-weaving the web in one's favor."

    To Tyrien's questions, she nods. "Adventurers would be a hard expense to justify for mere labor, certainly," she acknowledges. "Though, yes, I am asking you to travel to Heth. Specifically, to the production hub of middenstone, the city Kostry Kopec. It sits on the southern edge of the Inner Sea. Normally, the journey would take months to accomplish, but our arrangements with the Construction Guild and their contacts have secured a much swifter avenue for transport. The nature of that avenue, however, and the common wisdom that Heth itself is a land of harsh environments and people, have lead my employer to decide our negotiators would do well to be those who are already experienced in protecting themselves.

    "The bulk of the negotiation has already been settled via sundry clandestine, long-range communications, but Mayor Yrehgg has a bit of an old-fashioned streak, and insists on meeting face-to-face with representatives of our House before signing the final trade agreement."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •