[LPF] Kostry Kopec

jkason

First Post
Kalgor moves about the room, knocking on each sarcophagus, but while the noise echoes through the room, there appears at present to be no response other than what sounds like bones jostled by the impact.

[sblock=Anaerion]The more Anaerion sees of the slime, the more he thinks Kalgor's assessment might not be correct. Or, at least, not fully on the mark.

to Anaerion's mind, the viscous, pungent excretions of the creature or creatures seem to call to mind certain aberrations. There is, however, something ... off about the nasty stuff, something not quite like what the wizard knows of E'n's aberrations, though he can't put his finger on just what.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien resists the urge to chitchat, the chamber just exudes a somber mood. Careful to avoid stepping in the sludge if she can help it, she sticks close to Anearion so her Ioun Torch provides illumination for them both.

Finally she just cannot help herself and she breaks the silence. "Heh, at least we did not get ambushed by undead creatures as soon as we got down here."

"Should we check that door first or the stairs where the trail leads?"

OOC: Thanks, jkasen. I am better now, posting catch up today. I am going to Okinawa for a 2 night vacation and will have my iPhone, but unknown status on the Internet. So I might scarce for the rest of the week. I feel confident to be able to post at least once during that time.
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jackslate45

First Post
"Indeed, there do not seem to be much in the case of undead here. I know I am glad to be done with them" Anaerion says, his thoughts still trying to recall any sort of abomination that would cause such a pugnet slime. Maybe investigating where it came from will reveal more, as it looks like it is still outside somewhere.

"Oh I know about! You were hopelessly out matched with swarms and swarms of skeletons, and apparently only because of a paladin of Cortuth was there was judgement brought down upon them en mass! "
the disembodied voice that accompanies Anaerion says.

Anaerion stands up and says "We always did clear a floor before heading down, and that work well for us before. Let us go in the door first."
[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +0 CMD:13(10ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 10' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (8/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 7 Rounds

Malkovian:
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by either Anaerion/Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not yet know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does has yet know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor , Greasex2, Protection From Evil, Enlarge Person,[OPEN SLOT]
Level 2: Glittedust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Web
Level 3: Haste,SM3x2
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Gragnor and Kalgor quietly go over to the stairwell and look down to see if anything is stirring. Whispering, "Is the door locked?" to Tyrien, he doesn't expect a whisper back.
[sblock=SOP for doors?]Would it be best to simply set a standard operating procedure for doors of Tyrien checks for traps and locked, picks lock if needed, stands back, Kalgor opens door for Gragnor to go through first, Kalgor second, Ausk third, Kanli forth, Tyrien and then Anaerion? It might speed things up.[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats] Kalgor AC 15 HP 45/45, Init +2, Perception +8/+10 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20'
STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +8, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Handbo +7, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +6, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +5
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Self*(3m), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (50 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster II:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), Celestial Hyena, d3 Celestial dogs, d3 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Effects:

Gragnor HP: 26/26, AC 25 with Mage Armor (10 min left), Move 40'
Bite +8, d4; Claw +8, d3; Claw +8, d3
Fort +3, Reflex +7, Will +1, Evasion
Perception +14, Stealth +14, Darkvision
Acrobatics +18, Init +4, Precise Strike
Effects: Mage Armor
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien moves up to check the door, whispering, "Okay, let me check."

However, not needing to reply verbally afterward, she can signal Kalgor with the results. If necesary, she gets out her tools to deal with the situation.

[sblock=OOC]Take 20 on Perception (+11), if locked Disable Device(+15) take 10 or 20. Trapped, will attempt disarm with Gragnor's Aid Another.

If we really need an SOP, jkasen, let us know. Not sure it will slow me up that much as we will be waiting on others anyway.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Would it be best to simply set a standard operating procedure for doors of Tyrien checks for traps and locked, picks lock if needed, stands back, Kalgor opens door for Gragnor to go through first, Kalgor second, Ausk third, Kanli forth, Tyrien and then Anaerion? It might speed things up.

I thought everyone already signed off on that SOP a while ago. At least, it seems to match what I added to the first post a few weeks ago. So, I'm fine with that assumption. I was only waiting to see if you guys wanted to even try the door or go straight for the stairs.[/sblock]

Kalgor hears nothing but airy silence, the faux-breeze of such echo-filled underground tunnels.

The half-elf can find no traps, and in fact discovers the door is barely intact, such that it takes the barest of efforts to swing it open.

Especially wary with nothing barring the way, the twin-tailed eidolon enters first, setting his darkvision and nose to the task of looking for danger. But, as with the crypt, there appears to be none. With a mental nudge, Gragnor gives Kalgor the all-clear sign.

In the light of Tyrien's Ioun torch, you can all see that the walls of this long chamber are of brick, the ceiling supported by stone arches, much like the crypt behind you. Remnants of bedrolls and other camping equipment lie along the southern wall, and a second door exits the chamber to the East. Gragnor and Tyrien can find no traps on this door, either, but the archeress discovers that she cannot open it: this door is not locked, but appears to be physically blocked from the other side.

[sblock=ooc]A DC 24 Str check can burst past the block, or you can try to remove the door and assess what's blocking it. That seems to be beyond the scope of the SOP, though, so I'm not going to make assumptions there.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Descent 1.jpg
    Descent 1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 73

Satin Knights

First Post
"Ah, good thing I brought the right tool." Kalgor unstraps his heavy backpack and starts rummaging in it. After a couple attempts, he pulls out a hand drill. "If this works, we should be able to see past the door."

Kalgor pushes against and taps a couple times on the door before finally making a wild guess and starts drilling a hole through the door. (unless it is stone)

jkason

First Post
"Ah, good thing I brought the right tool." Kalgor unstraps his heavy backpack and starts rummaging in it. After a couple attempts, he pulls out a hand drill. "If this works, we should be able to see past the door."

Kalgor pushes against and taps a couple times on the door before finally making a wild guess and starts drilling a hole through the door. (unless it is stone)

The door itself isn't stone, but the pile of rubble which takes up Kalgor's field of vision when he's through the door most certainly is. It's hard to tell how deep into the chamber the apparent collapse goes, but it does appear to be piled to nearly the top of the door. If they want to see what's on the other side, the party will have to deal with the obstruction first.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Tyrien watches Kalgor's work and then shrugs once the rubble obstruction is revealed, "I guess we don't have to worry about something coming at is from behind when we continue after the slime trail. We are not going to clear away these rocks are we?"

If the decision to move along is affirmed, she will resume her place in line next to Anaerion.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases