[LPF] Kostry Kopec

Satin Knights

First Post
Getting as tired of the ruse as the creature is, Kalgor side steps to draw the creature's attention while his partner closes in behind. Once boxed in, they strike.
[sblock=actions]Kalgor 5' step to F8, readies to strike after Gragnor gets flank.
Gragnor 5' steps to F10 (+18 auto makes the acrobatics check), Claw, Claw, doesn't bite undead things
Kalgor strikes with the greatsword.
[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Kalgor AC 15 HP 33/45, Init +2, Perception +8/+10 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20'
STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +8, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Handbo +7, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +6, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +5
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Self*(3m), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (50 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster II:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), Celestial Hyena, d3 Celestial dogs, d3 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Effects: Flank, Precise Strike

Gragnor HP: 26/26, AC 21 ...... Move 40'
Bite +8, d4; Claw +8, d3; Claw +8, d3
Fort +3, Reflex +7, Will +1, Evasion
Perception +14, Stealth +14, Darkvision
Acrobatics +18, Init +4, Precise Strike
Effects: Flank, Precise Strike[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

[sblock=OOC]According to LOS rules, Tyrien could have shot square F9 from E13 without giving up cover. You draw the LOS from any corner and the top right would do it, hitting every corner of F9 without obstructions. But, I will take the 5ft step if you want me too. :p

I would like my shots to resolved before the melee attackers move to block her LOS, please. Otherwise we get into arguments about people not waiting or delaying posting so ranged attackers don't have to suffer needless penalties for allies giving cover to the enemy the first round. :p Then they could 5ft step away on round 2 to open up the LOS again, if they don't mind.[/sblock]Tyrien sees the slight wobble of her first two arrows and frowns. "I know it has been a while, but still. I should be able to get at least one decently on target."

Putting some more arcane energy into her next two arrows, she steps closer and behind the next pillar to her right. Leaning around, she rapidly shoots two more arrows, only one finding its mark well enough to puncture the undead's skin.

"Bleh, not much better."

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: Talking & 5ft step to G12
Swift Action: Activate Arcane Strike; +1 damage
Full Attack Action: Rapid shot; 1st arrow (1d20+8=16, 1d8+10=15); 2nd arrow (1d20+8=19, 1d8+10=14)
Move Action: n/a[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
Ausk moves forwad and, despite having to avoid smacking the shaft of his bill on the side of Kalgor's head, manages to cut the ghoul. Kalgor and Gragnor move to take advantage of their practiced combat strategy, while Tyrien takes advantage of the still-open firing lane to lance the creature's side with yet another arrow (though she adds one more to the pile of rubble).

"Deal," comes the disembodied agreement to Anaerion further away from the fight as the elf and the Mad Prophet consider their contributions.

[sblock=ooc]If [MENTION=41485]InVinoVeritas[/MENTION] hasn't acted by my next update, I'll NPC Kanli, and likely ask if one of you might be willing to run him until your party returns to the surface or he returns (whichever comes first).

SK: Since I was negligent in my informational duties, I'll allow the 5' step. For the rest of the combat, though, folks, any square with 'rubble' in it is difficult terrain.

PM: Since your 5' step from the most recent post only works if Tyrien is where I placed her, I didn't bother moving her back. I'll try to do better on LOS in future.

Unless I missed it, all the melee combatatants chose positions which didn't block Tyrien (F8, D10, and F10); my assumption is they did that on purpose. Am I missing someone who moved to provide soft cover?

All: In case that was simply a divine coincidence, I'll say this now: first-post combat is first-post combat. People always have the option of adding "my action happens after X" where X can be ranged attack actions, and you're welcome to discuss (IC or OOC) such strategies with the other characters / players. However, unless someone does list such a contingency, then unintentional interference with one another is something the characters/players will have to deal with; even well-oiled fighting units occasionally get in each other's way.

Ghoul (AC 18): 37 damage, heavily wounded

Anaerion: 37/37
Ausk: 67/67
Gragnor: 26/26, flank, flat-footed (balance Acrobatics)
Kalgor: 33/45, flank
Kanli: 31/31
Tyrien: 40/40[/sblock]

Anaerion and Kanli still up.

Attachments

• Grove.jpg
    Grove.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 62

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]The cat is small, so it should never provide soft cover against Tyrien. But, his combat dance is hard enough between two that have a telepathic bond. Considering Gragnor has Int 7, he isn't going to be trying to provide openings for another person behind him. In other words, you are lucky he is small.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[MENTION=95784]jackslate45[/MENTION], you still around? Will NPC combat actions for this round for Anaerion (and, as previously stated, Kanli) tomorrow if necessary.

jackslate45

First Post
@jackslate45 , you still around? Will NPC combat actions for this round for Anaerion (and, as previously stated, Kanli) tomorrow if necessary.
[sblock]
Ya, I am here. Tuesdays = BAD DAYS for the next 3 weeks. I was also still thinking on what Anaerion would do (Shoulda memorized Magic Missile :()

Question: does the Shift ability of the Conjuration School end your turn as Dimension Door? I know in the past it snuck by Mowgli on accident, and afterwards I tried to ensure not to use it while in combat. However, as Anaerion does not have enough movement to get near Kalgor to cast Prot from Evil, he will have to use it. Otherwise, I have a Plan B.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Question: does the Shift ability of the Conjuration School end your turn as Dimension Door?

I found this on the paizo boards that seems to indicate it does (check the Sean K Reynolds post about 5 down). That post is about a year and a half old, though, so there may have been other rulings in the meanwhile. Let me know if you / someone else finds anything.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

I found this on the paizo boards that seems to indicate it does (check the Sean K Reynolds post about 5 down). That post is about a year and a half old, though, so there may have been other rulings in the meanwhile. Let me know if you / someone else finds anything.[/sblock]
[sblock]Nope, that makes sense. The other poster further down confirmed what I was thinking. I was assuming since its a Supernatural and not Spell like they worked differently. Well, know I know what I'm getting at 7th level :p [/sblock]

A glare of dislike appears on Anaerion's face as he realises his initial plan was not going to work. He would have to get closer first.

Moving forward, and along the side of the column, Anaerion reaches for Grangor as he touches the kitty quickly. Now, I hope this is going to be enough for now...

A bright yellow armor like substance comes around the kitty, and that was Anaerion's sign to get away. He simply *pops*, and appears some distance away.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: F-15-> G-14-> H-13-> H10
Standard: Protection from Evil on Grangor
Swift: H10->I8
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +0 CMD:13(10ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 10' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 7 Rounds

Malkovian:
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by either Anaerion/Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not yet know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does has yet know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor ,Grease , Grease, Protection From Evil, Enlarge Person,[OPEN SLOT]
Level 2: Glittedust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Web
Level 3: Haste,SM3x2
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
The cat is small, so it should never provide soft cover against Tyrien. But, his combat dance is hard enough between two that have a telepathic bond. Considering Gragnor has Int 7, he isn't going to be trying to provide openings for another person behind him. In other words, you are lucky he is small.
Well, silly me. After all this time, I always thought Kitty was medium sized. Good to know that Tyien can fire over him.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases