[LPF] Kostry Kopec

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor

[sblock=To Gragnor]No swimming. Come back and take the other fork. You are doing real good. Slow moving works better than the running you did last time.[/sblock][sblock=ooc]Yes, a left hand rule works for mapping. Gragnor at 13 HP. If he goes past 1,000 ft, he drops to 6 HP. Yes, allowed to.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion: He has one first level spell slot open. So, he can take 15 minutes, memorize and then cast Comprehend Languages. He also has Invisibility currently memorized, so that will work on Gragnor nicely. JS is busy at the moment with work, but these two actions sound quite reasonable. I doubt he would object.

It takes 15 minutes to prepare an open slot, so Anaerion is stuck doing that for the first time block.

[sblock=OOC]
This was what I was going to suggest anyway, so thanks for reading minds.
[/sblock]

Anaerion, propping open his spell book, turns to the spell he needs to translate the book. As he is reading it over, the voice says "OH, comon, you don't need that. You should just be able to read it!"

"How can I read the book if I can't understand the language? Maybe I'll write out a guide to understanding it later so I can become more proficient in it."

jkason

First Post
Tyrien, Ausk, and Kanli finish scouring the side chamber with no real success, and make their way back to the larger central one.

"Blood is the ink with which our stories write themselves," Kanli says, and moves to study the armless body of the goggle-eyed man as the others start combing the walls for secret passageways, then he eventually moves to study the hunchback in the pool of muck.

Kalgor continues to map silently as Anaerion studies near the opposite wall, locking arcane patterns into his mind.

As Anaerion closes his spell book and stands to move back to the altar, Kanli announces to the room, "These have been robbed of their story, wrung dry of the ink to tell their tale. The Stone Hierophant suspects the malodorous interloper from above and below. It has many hungry mouths, it seems. The one with eyes too large to see his own doom found the mouth of another, though we have aided the world skin in reclaiming its property."

[sblock=Kalgor & Gragnor]He's not gone halfway back along his route before Gragnor announces he's lost the benefits of Anaerion's spell. He lopes along his slower, easier-to-endure pace, back to the fork, and announces he's taking the other way.

This passage arcs a bit before splitting again after about a hundred feet: north and southeast. Keeping to his orders, Gragnor turns north.

Think I'm on an incline here, but not much else to tell ya. Rocks, roots, dirt, ooh! that little lizard looks tasty. Yeah, I know: job to do. Kalgor hears a mental sigh.

Another split Gragnor announces. This one is northeast vs. a slightly northwest. Gragnor veers left again.

Okay, this fork seems a little more level, but I think … yeah. I keep going, gonna pull the thread thinner.

Despite the warning, Kalgor urges Gragnor on. They both feel the sensation as even more of Gragnor's life essence rips away when he crosses another limit in the anchor-bond between himself and Kalgor.

Getting tighter in here. More rocks. Walls seem a lot more crumbly around here comes the mental report. Then, finally, a sigh.

Another dead end, boss Gragnor reports. cave in this time. Don't think I can dig through that. Which fork you want me to do next, the one closer to me, or to you?

[sblock=ooc]See full party ooc on speed calculations. Gragnor loses invisibility on his way back. Gets back to the fork at around 8 minutes. veers in an arc roughly north and east for 100' before the next fork. Takes the left fork straight north. Upward angle rises roughly equal to horizontal distance, so 300' horizontal feet later, he's also 300' further above. Second fork. Takes left. This fork is levels off. 200' horizontal after the second fork, the tunnel's blocked off by a cave in. Between the horizontal and vertical distance, Gragnor hits his 1000' range.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=cavern searchers]Still no secret doors or valuables beyond what you've already found, though Tyrien and Ausk seem to have gotten used to Kanli enough that they actually understand his rambling: the bodies are both bloodless, and twisted like those of the soldiers and citizens above. The mad prophets reference to many mouths would indicate they have small bite marks, and the final bit points to the goggle-eyed man as the meal the ghoul was feasting on when you entered.[/sblock]

[sblock=Anaerion]Focusing past Malkovian's petulance, Anaerion concentrates on preparing the mental patterns he'll need to cast the translation spell, and finally succeeds around the time Kanli spouts off his Kanli-speak.

[sblock=ooc]Comprehend Languages added to Anaerion's prepared list[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Trying to keep things more or less aligned chronologically. Gragnor's half speed local movement should be 200 feet per minute if I calculated it correctly. To the end of the first tunnel and returning to his first fork, then, would be roughly 8 minutes.

A take 20 search takes 20 times a normal search. Depending on the text, that's either 1 minute per square or 2, but with three people apiece, I figure that clears the side room roughly around the time Gragnor moves on to his second split.

15 minute spell prep still ongoing, then, as others continue, ending at the finale of this particular update[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Having found anything of worth in the camp, Ausk will return to guard duty, not entirely at ease with the calm they have encountered after the second death of the ghoul.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Having found very little, Tyrien glances and skims through the scraps of parchment while she waits.

However with the crazy Kanli being hard to understand and Ausk never saying much, she is hesitant to start chatting with either Anaerion or Kalgor while she waits.

She piles the books next to them and says, “They are too heavy for me to carry around, but I figure you might want to look at them later at least.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jackslate45

First Post
"Thank you! I am sure he will want to read it aloud like he will with this book. Right??" the voice says. Anaerion looks up and also says "Thanks Tyrien" before reaching into his spell component bag for...something black and crumbly. He sticks his index finger into the compound, and reaches up to his eyes. Anaerion starts drawing an intigrate pattern around them, causing his to appear black with bright green iris. He starts casting the spell, and the black compound draws into his eyes, causing the whites of them to turn black.

The spell cast, Anaerion starts his reading aloud from the book.

[sblock]
Cast comprehend Languages. And Starts to read loud enough for Malkovian.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +0 CMD:13(10ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
Current Weapon in Hand:

School Focus:
Shift: 10' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 7 Rounds

Malkovian:
Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by either Anaerion/Malkovian
Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
Level 1: Mage Armor ,Grease , Grease, Protection From Evil, Enlarge Person,Comprehend Languages
Level 2: Glittedust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Web
Level 3: Haste,SM3x2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
His spell cast, Anaerion begins reciting the translation softly in order to make use of Malkovian (and simultaneously avoid the disembodied companion's distraction if he were ignored).

Kalgor continues to sit near the western tunnels, slowly etching out his rough map from whatever silent reports he is getting from his panther.

Ausk begins a loose patrol of the cavern as Tyrien begins flipping through notes and books idly and Kanli lies down near the pool of muck and either meditates or starts napping; with Kanli, it's often hard to tell what he's intending to do, though as the next approximately fifteen minutes pass, those not actively involved begin to wonder if Kanli has the right idea with this nap notion.

[sblock=Tyrien]All the text is in the same foreign language, so Tyrien can't make heads or tails of the content (no ranks in Linguistics). She does recognize numbering on the notes in Common, though, and as she sifts through, is able to put the notes in what she thinks might be their proper order, an effort she hopes might reduce the time of anyone else translating them for study.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ausk]Despite his misgivings, Ausk hears and sees nothing out of the ordinary as the group continues to while away their time in the cavern with its unnatural trees.[/sblock]

[sblock=Anaerion]It's slow going, even with the spell translating. Between the annotations and the style of the text itself, information is hard come by, but Anaerion pushes on, trying to parse the full intent of the ancient text. So far he's managed to gather that the altar is just as important due to its location as it is to its constructed specifications. He's reasonably certain that the spell required a special location and that this--the translation seems to be "Sunless Grove"--was an essential component. He's still not studied far enough to learn exactly what the ritual's purpose was[/sblock]

[sblock=Kalgor]Returning to the fork, Gragnor turns North-Northeast.

Definitely climbing now. Kinda steep, this.

Indeed, through the link, Kalgor receives reports of an increasing incline, and the otherworldly cat even has to make a tall pounce at one point to make a ledge carved out in order to continue.

Looks like this used to be another fork, but the right side's caved in Gragnor continues, turning northwest again and continuing up the long incline.

Think we're leveling off here, but there's more stink. Smells like sewage. Also, there are rats. Narrowing up here, and there's a little hole over my head, gonna ...

Ugh. Yeah. hole takes me to the sewers, or maybe just a cesspool. I'm not sure this thing drains anywhere. But I found a clogged up grate and

There's the mental version of a sputtering

It's still raining up top, which is not helping this sewage situation, though. Let me ... ungh ... sniff. Yeah, some nasty alleyway. Lots of rain, garbage, and ... of course. Some stupid kids running around just screamed out that there's a panther on the loose, I'm jumping back down for now before Crows show up who don't know I'm on their team.

I didn't see any kind of trail or anything up there. You want me staying up top, or coming back?

[sblock=ooc]North-northwest at an incline (for approx 600 horizontal feet. Fork with right half collapsed. Left fork runs northwest another 500 horizontal on an incline before exiting out a sewer grate in a garbage-filled alley somewhere in the city.[/sblock][/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Take a good look around and scratch a mark on a wall or close piece of wood so we can find that spot later. Then come back down. We have a few more of these tunnels to look through."

"Done. Wall marked."

"Wait a minute. No sense taking the long path." The panther disappears in a puff of smoke.

Kalgor resummons Gragnor just the other side of the western bars. "If my mapping is right, you have one more fork to check out. This should bring your strength back." He lays his hand on the kitty to heal him.

Gragnor continues on, taking the right fork this time.

[sblock=mini-stats]Kalgor AC 15 HP 45/45, Init +2, Perception +8/+10 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20' STR 18 Dex 14
+1 Greatsword +8, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
Handbo +7, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +6, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +5
...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Self*(3m), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (50 minutes)
,.Summoner Monster II:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), Celestial Hyena, d3 Celestial dogs, d3 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike
.............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
Effects:

Gragnor HP: 20/26, AC 25 with Mage Armor ...... Move 40'
Bite +8, d4; Claw +8, d3; Claw +8, d3
Fort +3, Reflex +7, Will +1, Evasion
Perception +14, Stealth +14, Darkvision
Acrobatics +18, Init +4, Precise Strike
Effects: Mage Armor[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
The right fork, as it turns out, merely brings Gragnor back around in a loop to the second (clockwise) tunnel entrance back into the cavern.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases