[LPF] Kostry Kopec

sunshadow21

Explorer
"A wise man to insist on such a precaution, especially if he is from that foul place." Ausk frowns at the mention of an 'alternate' route, but otherwise remains unconcerned.

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion's mind is working at a quickened pace, trying to figure out all that Finia mentioned.

After recalling a good bit about the local events of Heth, he speaks up with "I am to assume that however we are getting there, we are also using to transport back? Because of the dangers of Heth, and the risk of being struck sick by the plague ravaging the land, we will need to be very careful. "

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien looks curious, "What exactly is this method of travel? A boat?"

"You are not asking us to actually be the emissaries, are you? Or are we to be just couriers for the documents that need to be signed or something?"

"What are these dangers you speak of, Anaerion? I would not like to get diseased. Boils are nasty and plague victims stink.
"

She wrinkles her nose in distaste.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination, Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 10/10 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
[sblock=Anaerion]Middenstone is a fairly recent concoction having made its way slowly north from Heth. The exact fabrication method is a mystery, and appears to be closely guarded, but the resulting material, of a somewhat nauseating mauve, is similar to a mix between adobe and concrete. Kept in a semi-liquid state, raw middenstone can be molded into sheets, bricks, or many other shapes. Allowed to cool, middenstone has the same strength as wood but is much easier to mold and is relatively resistant to fire and rot.

Anaerion remembers nothing new about Gabbiano in particular, but the mention of House Boraga does knock loose something: With their family compound in Roses di Sanguigno, Boraga is one of the more powerful of the Houses, controlling the Zeire Gate which connects Venza to the Zeire Desert west of Heth. As Finia indicates, their primary power comes from their mining interests in the desert to which they hold a gate.

Heth is a vast kingdom on the south of the Inner Sea, comprised of low lying wet lands, inhospitable jungles, and desert. Here Xarr, known as The Scabrous One, a plague god, is the primary deity. For the people of Heth, disease had become a way of life, and with no god able to protect them, they turned their obeisance to their tormentor. And the plagues became less frequent, the sick were treated with reverence, and the most faithful seemed to suffer the least.

Heth is a volatile nation. Originally ruled by Serpantfolk, human desert nomads eventually wrested control and became the ruling nobility. Then, as the priests of Xarr convinced more and more that their only salvation from ravaging plague lay in their god, seventy years ago the wet landers overthrew the ruling nobility, leading to its current theocracy.[/sblock]

Finia takes a deep breath before responding to Tyrien's query, clearly nervous about what she's about to discuss, but realizes there is no further avoiding it.

"We've managed to ... secure ... guard positions for our people on the next transport out to the Zeire desert through Boraga's gate," she says. Having finally begun, her followup clarification seems to spill out much more easily. "Obviously, those positions are false. There is no power on the planet which would lead to that gods-forsaken house actually allowing Gabbiano interests access to their gate. You will officially be mercenaries assigned, though our agent at the camp, to long-range patrol.

"The cover will allow for you to disappear, sadly lost to raiders on your first patrol. Boraga will no doubt become quite concerned for their safety and hunker down, while you finish traveling to Kostry Kopec, arriving much sooner than Gabbiano's own resources would normally allow, and hopefully before Boraga's interests have full intelligence as to our trade intentions.

"As you say, we do not expect a great deal of negotiation on your behalf. I'll supply you with the documents you'll need. It is enough for Yrehgg that an 'official Gabbiano retinue' is arriving to deliver them and see to their signature. In essence, you're there to make a small local official feel important. Manage that, gain the signature, and my house is prepared to provide you with 1000 gold sovereigns for your time."

Satin Knights

First Post
"So we have to spend months walking out of a swamp after we sneak in past your enemies?"

"I think you providing a couple scrolls of teleport for us to return home may save you months of waiting."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Well, Granite for the Granite Hierophant is auspicious indeed. And yes! House Gabbiano! I remember them! I pulled one of their illustrious members out of a peat bog not too long ago! How is Carnemorto doing these days? Still dead?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Listening to Kanli's and Kalgor's reactions to the assignment, Tyrien is not sure about the payment for the task. This is her first time being potentially hired as a mercenary, but feels that it cannot hurt to negotiate.

"I understand. This does appear to be very dangerous, maybe it should be ten thousand gold sovereigns."

She looks at her old and new companions, wondering if any of them are skilled negotiators.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 40 Current: 40
CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination, Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 10/10 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]___________________________________________

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien e'Adrianne

jkason

First Post
Finia raises an eyebrow and smirks at Kalgor's suggestion.

"And if whomever among you isn't quite focused enough, you and / or our paperwork wind up fused with a rock somewhere?" she replies incredulously. "No thank you. Though I don't imagine there should be more swamp treking afterward. Kostry Kopec is a harbor town right on the Inner Sea. Provided nothing untoward happens, you'll have free, if slower, passage back accompanying our first shipment of middenstone, which should meet up with Gabbiano representatives somewhere in the middle, as they've been sent out already both in anticipation of our efforts and as a decoy for Ludmilla's spies."

The elf seems quite thrown by Kanli's contribution to the conversation.

"I ... well, yes, Master Carnemorto has been laid to rest in the family crypt, where the wards left the Gabbiano dead thankfully unaffected by the recent re-animation that plagued the lower class tombs."

As the seemingly-naive Tyrien attempts to negotiate by asking for ten times the offered payment, Finia's lips thin as she frowns.

"Heth is certainly no walk along the canals, but neither is Gabbiano asking you to accomplish wartime infiltration from the front lines. We want people who can handle themselves should the temperamental surroundings prove problematic, but if the going rate for asking adventurers to take a long trip through some rough country is two thousand gold apiece, then I'm afraid my House will have to look elsewhere."

Satin Knights

First Post
"So, the job is guarding paper and rocks, with a long boat ride home."

Lifting and staring at his paw, "Good, becausse I am no good with skisssorss."

Kalgor looks at his partner, "The C is silent."

"And wet."

Kalgor just growls.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases