[LPF] Kostry Kopec - Page 31





  1. #301
    When it comes time to return to the surface, Kalgor pulls out one of his recently purchased scrolls and recites its spell. Turning to Ausk, "An ant haul spell will make this easier if you want." Kalgor will use a second scroll on Ausk. Picking up the heavier of the two bodies, he is ready for the climb up all those stairs. Gragnor takes point to deal the any surprises along the way. Looking at the girl, "Too dainty to even carry the treasure. Hrrumph!"
    ooc
    Kalgor uses two scrolls of Ant Haul. Even at triple carrying capacity, he is still in medium encumbrance to make the climb up the stairs.

 

  • #302
    Ausk will throw some of the books in his Handy Haversack before picking up the heavier of the bodies without breaking a sweat. "Between the ant haul and my ability to rage, I can carry it comfortably." He'll let the others split up the magic items.

    OOC: Ausk is better for carrying heavy stuff because if he needs to he can rage and get back into light, and even if he's in medium, he's not slowed down by encumbrance.
    Last edited by sunshadow21; Thursday, 3rd May, 2012 at 03:13 AM.

  • #303
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,360
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

    Tyrien doesn't even bat an eyelash, Certainly, I am dainty. And, fragile too. You all are the strong silent types, not me. Besides, you guys are able to carry everything without my help.

    She starts moving back the way they came once everyone is loaded and ready.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
    AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 40 Current: 40
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #304
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,787
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jkason
    ooc
    Let's say the lighter body (sans arm) weighs 150 lbs. The hunchback is a hefty 210.


    The spoils of the sunless grove distributed and magics in place to aid in carrying the corpses, the party sets back up the long stairway, Gragnor ranging slightly ahead. After several hundred feet, Kanli pauses, looking back down.

    "Foresight is bought with hindsight, and I feel it a price worth paying," he says, and begins walking backwards up the stairs. The process slows him down a bit, and eventually Anaerion and Tyrien pass him, though he remains in sight at the outer edge of Tyrien's ioun torch.

    Other than this particular hiccup, the lengthy trek up the stairwell, back up through multiple layers of architecture, is uneventful until Gragnor makes the turn to enter the burial chamber the party first explored.

    Just before he steps into the room, the eidolon catches sight of a short figure wearing layers of rags, a dagger in its hands. The milky eyes widen as the creature realizes its hiding place has been discovered.

    ooc
    Surprise round. Gragnor can act, and won initiative, so he can act first.

    Rather than lose an extra XP share to Kanli for a second combat due to the logistics of being able to write him out, I placed Kanli outside combat range. If you guys want his help, you can have it, but you'll be sharing the XP with him. I'll leave it up to you, but for now he's out (at the 40' edge of illumination from Tyrien's ioun torch).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crypt.jpg  

  • #305
    Gragnor moves in to pin the little creature in his crevice. He snarls and growls. Grunting a word in draconic, his claws and teeth start sparking.
    actions
    10' move to J5 to corner him, std to activate amulet of shocking fists, fight defensively

    Leaving Kanli out is fine with me.
    mini-stats

    Kalgor AC 15 HP 45/45, Init +2, Perception +8/+10 vs human, Darkvision, Move 20' STR 18 Dex 14
    +1 Greatsword +8, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, or
    Handbo +7, d6+4
    Comp Longbow, +6, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 5 CI, 3 Blunt, 2 Smoking
    Fort: +5, Reflex +5, Will +5
    ...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt
    ...... . . Mage Cantrips: Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights
    .,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 0/4 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
    ..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Mage Armor(3hr), Vanish(3r), Enlarge Self*(3m), Bonded Amulet
    ...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (50 minutes)
    ,.Summoner Monster II:
    4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), Celestial Hyena, d3 Celestial dogs, d3 celestial eagles
    .,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

    ...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike
    .............Consumables: 2 Alchemist's Fires, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
    Effects:

    Gragnor HP: 17/26, AC 27 with Mage Armor and fighting defensively ...... Move 40'
    Bite +8, d4; Claw +8, d3; Claw +8, d3
    Fort +3, Reflex +7, Will +1, Evasion
    Perception +14, Stealth +14, Darkvision
    Acrobatics +18, Init +4, Precise Strike
    Effects: Mage Armor 2.5 hrs, fighting defensively

  • #306
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,360
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    OOC: Fine to leave on Kanli as well. Are we waiting for a DM update for the rest of us to go?
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #307
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,787
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jkason
    ooc
    Sorry for the delay. Was trying to double check rules on a couple of things before I went making adjustments.

    So, first, Gragnor was acting in a surprise round. He only gets a move or a standard, not both. I was going to allow for a five foot step + standard, but then I looked up hard corner rules and realized where my mistake was. My assumption is that Gragnor wants to pin the creature in and open the entry for others rather than activate his amulet.

    I spent a lot of time digging around for when fighting defensively adjustments take effect. The only reference I could find was this, under the Attack action section:

    Fighting Defensively as a Standard Action

    You can choose to fight defensively when attacking If you do so, you take a –4 penalty on all attacks in a round to gain a +2 to AC until the start of your next turn.
    Emphasis mine. My reading on this is that you have to have initiated an attack to fight defensively, and Gragnor couldn't do that in the surprise round, since closing to melee range takes his actions for the round. He still has an impressive AC of 25, though, until round 1.


    Gragnor moves in to pin the creature, which lets out a noise somewhere between a growl and a squeak. It lashes out with the blade in its hand, but Gragnor barely has to pay attention to it to avoid the attack.

    Unfortunately, though he noticed this creature, he missed two others, which had apparently secreted themselves into the alcoves where the empty burial urns rested. With their own series of gutteral sounds, the other two surround the otherworldly panther, blades at the ready.

    As the creatures move into position, Kalgor notices that the light from Tryien's Ioun torch, which previously covered him, suddenly stops at the turn in the stairwell.

    Actions & Status
    Creature 1 attacks Gragnor and misses.
    Creatures 2 and 3 close on Gragnor (here Gragnor benefits from the same hard corner rules that frustrated his own attempts, since they block both the other creatures from charging).

    Status

    Creature 1: Undamaged
    Creature 2: Undamaged
    Creature 3: Undamaged


    Anaerion: 37/37
    Ausk: 67/67
    Gragnor: 17/26, Mage Armor, Fighting Defensively (Total AC 27)
    Kalgor: 45/45
    Tyrien: 40/40


    GM: All PCs now up for Round 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crypt.jpg  

  • #308
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,360
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

    Alerted by Kitty's growl, Tyrien nocks an arrow and moves up, past Kalgor.

    She exclaims, Cor! We are ambushed!

    She puts some arcane energy into her arrow and lets fly.

    Actions
    Free Action: Talking
    Swift Action: Activate Arcane Strike; +1 damage
    Move Action: Move to I2
    Standard Action: Ranged attack on #2 Arrow (Deadly Aim/PBS) (1d20+10=21, 1d8+9=15)
    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +11 (low-light vision)
    AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 40 Current: 40
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21(16ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    ___________________________________________

    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #309
    Knowing that his friends should get position before he does, Anerion delays until the others have acted.

    OOC: Moving forward is gong to block the two melee people, so Anaerion is delaying for now.

    Stats

    Initiative: +9 Perception: +2 (low-light vision)
    AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 Touch )
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +0 CMD:13(10ff) Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor
    Current Weapon in Hand:

    School Focus:
    Shift: 10' Teleport as Dim Door. Does not Provoke AoO (7/8 remaining)
    Summoner's Charm: Summoning Spells Last a total of 7 Rounds

    Malkovian:
    Timely Inspiration: 3/3 Immediate Action, +2 Bonus, Range 60', Immediate action
    Mage Hand: At will. Controllable by either Anaerion/Malkovian
    Bonus Power: Anaerion does not know this power.
    Bonus Boon: Anaerion does not know this power.

    Spells Prepared:
    Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Acid Splash, Mending
    Level 1: Mage Armor ,Grease , Grease, Protection From Evil, Enlarge Person,Comprehend Languages
    Level 2: Glittedust, Invisibility, Mirror Image, Web
    Level 3: Haste,SM3x2

  • #310
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,787
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jkason
    As Tyrien moves through her companions and reaches the turn in the stairs by Kalgor, her ioun torch suddenly stops shedding its light, plunging both she and Anaerion into a darkness their natural senses cannot navigate.

    ooc
    The ioun torch's illumination effect is suppressed as Tyrien turns the corner. The map is now without light. Tyrien cannot target the creatures effectively. I'll allow her to delay her standard action if you want to wait to see if anyone else can brighten things up, or since you're in a tunnel where you don't really have angle options, you can fire directly ahead with a 50% miss chance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crypt.jpg  

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •